2013.02.23 - Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL, US

Furygirl

Oh, but spoilers ;)

Are you going to Orlando?

Me? No unfortunately. I shouldn't even be on this thread! :chuckle:

So now I'm intrigued. Matt crowd surfed?! I think we would have heard. :LOL:

I don't mind if you pm me if there's something to reveal that you don't want to spoil. :)

For me, this was a great gig! The crowd supposedly was better than in Ft. Lauderdale as far as energy. The band seemed happy. No one was sitting in the stands, that I could see, so that was good. I was center barrier, so couldn't have asked for a better spot, and Matt shook my hand! :awesome: I was happy they played USoE, and Liquid State again instead of Save Me. I imagine in Orlando they will bring back Explorers again, so no chance of Sunburn probably, but I can live with that. Panic Station was so fun, and even though TiRO is old and tired and predictable, it always seems to be song that seems to get the crowd jumping like crazy. So that was fun.

Matt made a funny comment about the "bloody squirrels" because the City of Tampa is under a boil water advisory because of some rogue squirrel that chewed thru a line at the water plant. :chuckle:

The venue staff and security was freaking amazing. So nice, and so organized. There's always some yahoo that doesn't know how to use the scanner or whatever, but overall, couldn't have gone more smoothly. Ft. Lauderdale was a fucking mess apparently. We were able to get our physical tix from Will Call at 9:00 a.m, so that was one less thing to worry about. Overall, amazing night! :D

I don't know if there was anything special, it was my first time seeing them :D

There was a situation that a squirrel had eaten through the water line, and there was a boiling water advisory in the area, so Matt made a joke about that.

He came down to the barrier during Madness, but it was too short a moment (I think).

THEY DIDN'T PLAY BLISS; I was expecting it since it was played in California.

I have a hole of disappointment in my heart. *dramatization* :$

But there was United States of Eurasia and Newborn :D

And being 2nd/3rd person from the barrier, I got some good photos, and got addicted to taking pictures of them since they are so photogenic.

I was the girl with the space/galaxy leggings. I think I was the 45th or so in line.

We didn't meet, but I knew you guys were trying to do the video. Did it work out?

I am so starstruck by yesterday's show that I am about to buy tickets for Orlando, and bring my books to study for exams in line xD I'll probably get there by noon.

I've been waiting since two-thousand-god-damn-six to see Muse live and they definitely delivered last night, didn't they?

My only complaint is that I think Panic Station is a stupid song, and THEY DIDN'T PLAY BLISS (as previously mentioned) OR PLUG IN BABY. WAT. HOW DO YOU DO A MUSE SET WITHOUT PLUG IN BABY.

Also, I think everyone will have noticed this, they didn't do a lot of their outro-riffing. I *kinda* feel like I missed out on the Muse of four years ago, who were still very much a young, rising rock band with something to prove. But now they've sold out Wembley Stadium how many times? So it's like they're just like "fuck it, we can do whatever we want."

Also Bellamy's been frequently taking the mic out of the stand and walking around with it as he gestures profoundly. I saw a video where he even played guitar on Follow Me, and now he just doesn't? I wonder how much of the show is automated at this point... it's almost a little disconcerting.

I like Panic Station a lot, but it is a different style from their usual. If I would definately trade it for Bliss and Plug In Baby though.

When I looked back and saw so many empty seats, I felt like they might not get into the concert as much. It's different with a full crowd, I'd say. It's not an excuse, of course, but.

I was the girl with the space/galaxy leggings. I think I was the 45th or so in line.

We didn't meet, but I knew you guys were trying to do the video. Did it work out?

Here's the video! I'm the fool near the left with one of the pink pom poms. Maybe I'll see you in Orlando. I'm sure we'll be there bright and early!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcp2LQViyco

I've been waiting since two-thousand-god-damn-six to see Muse live and they definitely delivered last night, didn't they?

My only complaint is that I think Panic Station is a stupid song, and THEY DIDN'T PLAY BLISS (as previously mentioned) OR PLUG IN BABY. WAT. HOW DO YOU DO A MUSE SET WITHOUT PLUG IN BABY.

Also, I think everyone will have noticed this, they didn't do a lot of their outro-riffing. I *kinda* feel like I missed out on the Muse of four years ago, who were still very much a young, rising rock band with something to prove. But now they've sold out Wembley Stadium how many times? So it's like they're just like "fuck it, we can do whatever we want."

Also Bellamy's been frequently taking the mic out of the stand and walking around with it as he gestures profoundly. I saw a video where he even played guitar on Follow Me, and now he just doesn't? I wonder how much of the show is automated at this point... it's almost a little disconcerting.

They've been around for sooo long Matt has always said he has wanted to try to go sans guitar for a gig. So I guess he decided hell why not and tried it out.

I saw them open for mcr in '07 and it was fantastic, just everything. His insane riffs and just crazy animated it wasn't showy and the stage was quite boring but they are enough energy and talent that it didn't matter.

Now they are getting bigger in the States and it's about time they have this big shows here and not just throughout Europe.

We missed out last tour and that album wasn't my fave, but it sucked that they left us out.

This gig IMO was just incredible. Of course they'd focus on the newer stuff and they played a lot of the popular hits, but I think it's a good idea bc there were actually a lot of people there that weren't hardcore fans and hopefully that reeled them in, and they'll branch out and seek out their older stuff as well. I am just so glad they didn't pass up FL so no way in hell will I nitpick and bitch about this show bc like you, I've waited too long to see them headline. Plus I just couldn't see anything wrong w the gig bc they played the right amount of songs, picking from each album. It would be nice to hear more OoS stuff and maybe a Showbiz song thrown in but they have only so much time up there.

They played NB so that was awesome, especially bc I love that song, but I agree PIB would've been way more awesome.

They've been around for sooo long Matt has always said he has wanted to try to go sans guitar for a gig. So I guess he decided hell why not and tried it out.

I saw them open for mcr in '07 and it was fantastic, just everything. His insane riffs and just crazy animated it wasn't showy and the stage was quite boring but they are enough energy and talent that it didn't matter.

Now they are getting bigger in the States and it's about time they have this big shows here and not just throughout Europe.

We missed out last tour and that album wasn't my fave, but it sucked that they left us out.

This gig IMO was just incredible. Of course they'd focus on the newer stuff and they played a lot of the popular hits, but I think it's a good idea bc there were actually a lot of people there that weren't hardcore fans and hopefully that reeled them in, and they'll branch out and seek out their older stuff as well. I am just so glad they didn't pass up FL so no way in hell will I nitpick and bitch about this show bc like you, I've waited too long to see them headline. Plus I just couldn't see anything wrong w the gig bc they played the right amount of songs, picking from each album. It would be nice to hear more OoS stuff and maybe a Showbiz song thrown in but they have only so much time up there.

They played NB so that was awesome, especially bc I love that song, but I agree PIB would've been way more awesome.

You totally noticed that they played New Born at a slower tempo than usual right? They must have been really tired... it was nearing the end of the set anyway...

You totally noticed that they played New Born at a slower tempo than usual right? They must have been really tired... it was nearing the end of the set anyway...

Yeah lol I was going nuts singing along and felt it wasn't as intense as I've always remembered.

They have to be knackered though and I wish Matt wouldn't shake hands bc who knows where people's hands have been. Would suck of he got sick bc the tour is nowhere near over.

After reading Chris's latest tweet seems like he isn't feeling 100%. They also just played at Ft. Lauderdale the night before.

Archived