2013.02.23 - Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL, US

Furygirl

• 4 weeks later...

Super stoked for this show. Planning on following muse through Florida for a few days with my mum from Ft Lauderdale, here, and Orlando.

Turns I need 1 general admission ticket since my girlfriend wants to attend this show with us as well.

I pretty much made this account to see if anyone has an extra one laying around, but I'll check it frequently so just shoot me a PM or respond here if you could be of any help getting me a ticket!

The tickets are paperless the only way to get a ticket is through ticket master. There are people selling their GA tix through ticket master so you'll have to go through them. You could check craigslist but that person will have to be there w the credit card and ID to let you in.

You could risk it on the day of show bc the box office usually set aside some GA tix on day of.

The tickets are paperless the only way to get a ticket is through ticket master. There are people selling their GA tix through ticket master so you'll have to go through them. You could check craigslist but that person will have to be there w the credit card and ID to let you in.

You could risk it on the day of show bc the box office usually set aside some GA tix on day of.

looks like i'll be coming to this gig, has anyone been there before? can someone give me some advice? do i get block 329, up top but closer to stage, or bottom tier but at the back of the arena?

looks like i'll be coming to this gig, has anyone been there before? can someone give me some advice? do i get block 329, up top but closer to stage, or bottom tier but at the back of the arena?

I went to the forum after the renovations (for a hockey game). In all honesty there is not a single bad seat in the arena since that was what they were aiming for when they changed the seating around the rink. So I'm going to assume for concerts it's the same situation and especially w the way their stage is for this tour, it seems higher up and bigger.

It looks like this concert is scheduled for 7:30. Does this mean it is safe to assume Dead Sara will come on around 8 with Muse taking the stage around 9 or slightly after?

They let you enter the forum 45-30 minutes prior to start time. It should start on time at 7.30 so Dead Sara should be performing at around/near 7.30.

I went to the forum after the renovations (for a hockey game). In all honesty there is not a single bad seat in the arena since that was what they were aiming for when they changed the seating around the rink. So I'm going to assume for concerts it's the same situation and especially w the way their stage is for this tour, it seems higher up and bigger.

They let you enter the forum 45-30 minutes prior to start time. It should start on time at 7.30 so Dead Sara should be performing at around/near 7.30.

thanks for the info, i managed to find the interactive map on the forums website, so i went for block 204, its at the back but view looks good

but more importantly i booked tickets last night so i'm coming!!!!!!!!!!!! coming over from the UK too so super excited!

McDonald;s Entrance is the entrance area you need to wait at, it's by the lightning bolt

They usually have a guy standing there setting up the entrance barricade in the morning.

Also I'm going to this gig, had to sell my Orlando ticket, b/c I ended up missing a class day and it will screw up my grade if I miss again, so ended up splurging for a floor ticket in Tampa. Had to cancel everything for Orlando! But i got all my money back and only lost like $20, but it could've been worse. There is no way I'm going to miss out on this tour. Tampa is my hometown anyway so it's an easy 4 hour drive for me. I was looking forward to Orlando, it would have been a bit more of an adventure as I hadn't been there in awhile.

ANYWAY! woohoo Trampa.

Added attatchent of where to wait. It's the only way to get to the floor of the arena. Once you enter, you will eventually reach a flight of stairs. BE CAREFUL, there are cement stairs so don't trip or trip anyone else. There is a "holding area" to the left and they will have the curtains closed and will wait until everyone calms down and is quiet. They tell you not to run once they pull the curtain and all that good stuff. But yeah they won't pull that curtain until everyone calms themselves. Last time I was there, people wouldn't calm themselves so we waited like a lifetime it seeemed.

I'm pretty sure it's still all the same from the last time I was there.

136658956_Screenshot2013-02-20at8_15_15PM.png.0bd6a77ae4dadf8a94cbc41e3a32e21e.png

My group will probably get there around 9. It's really hard to say.

Edit: Does anyone know what the door setup is at this venue? Is there more than one entrance? That usually creates some kind of queuing nightmare.

Do you mean 9 AM??? I thought 2-3 hours early would be enough.

What do people do while they're waiting to be let in?

Do you mean 9 AM??? I thought 2-3 hours early would be enough.

What do people do while they're waiting to be let in?

Well yeah, it's early, but I'll do anything to get barrier, esp. because I'm not very tall. You prob wouldn't need to be there THAT early, but I got nothin' else to do. ;) I'd say by 11-12 there will be a crowd forming. I def. wouldn't assume that 2-3 hours would guarantee a barrier spot (unless you cut in line or push your way to the front once you're in, neither of which I recommend).

I'm going with a group, so we'll just talk and stuff, play cards, whatever.

That makes sense. It does sound early, but it's nice to dedicate the whole day to the concert. :logic:

Was going to go by myself, but ended taking the brother along since he wanted to go too, but he's not a Muser. :D

Does anyone know where they sell the merch?

When I went to a Three Days Grace concert it was outside, but at Alegria it was inside in the corridors.

That makes sense. It does sound early, but it's nice to dedicate the whole day to the concert. :logic:

Was going to go by myself, but ended taking the brother along since he wanted to go too, but he's not a Muser. :D

Does anyone know where they sell the merch?

When I went to a Three Days Grace concert it was outside, but at Alegria it was inside in the corridors.

I've seen people outside as early as 6am for some gigs, so 9AM isn't that bad tbh. I'll probably be there around 10 or 11 bc I won't have anything else to do either lol.

It does go by super fast though especially when you're in the company of fellow fans.

They have a table outside before the show usually and they also have it inside as well. Every concert I've been to at the Ice Palace has always had merch inside and outside.

Do any of you guys know what is up w paperless tickets?

I got my paperless ticket through ticketmaster's ticket-exchange. It says I need to go to will-call to pick up my ticket. I called up ticketmaster and he was like "yeah you go to will call and they will give you your ticket" I told him I thought it was paperless, and he responded it is paperless, but still need to go to box office. so confused. I just don't want to get screwed over.

Do any of you guys know what is up w paperless tickets?

I got my paperless ticket through ticketmaster's ticket-exchange. It says I need to go to will-call to pick up my ticket. I called up ticketmaster and he was like "yeah you go to will call and they will give you your ticket" I told him I thought it was paperless, and he responded it is paperless, but still need to go to box office. so confused. I just don't want to get screwed over.

I'd recommend printing a copy of your receipt or some proof that you paid for the tickets, and just don't forget your ID and credit card. If you have those three things, there shouldn't be a problem.

I'd recommend printing a copy of your receipt or some proof that you paid for the tickets, and just don't forget your ID and credit card. If you have those three things, there shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I'm definitly going to do that. I also called up ticketexchange and the guy thought it was weird that TM gave me that information. He said I should just be able to go in w/ my CC and ID. But I'm going to the box office tomorrow morning just to be safe, and I'll call up TicketExchange again tomorrow to make sure.

But i checked the status of my ticket and I have an option to transfer my ticket, so I'm going to assume since I have that option that my ticket should be fine and linked to my CC.

I seriously hate that they have paperless tickets now, it's so stupid. Especially for this concert, this isn't Bieber or Hannah Montana concert where you have to worry moreso about crazy scalpers.

I miss the days where you could go to the box office or a record store and get handed a ticket.

I agree. I like keeping tickets from my favourite events, brings back the memories of seeing them onstage, and all those unique moments that make you wanna die from happiness. It's a cheap souvenir, but it's classic.

That being said, I can't wait to get a Muse shirt! :D

I don't go crazy with merch, but my first from a band is special. :3

^ yes exactly! I love keeping them pinned on my pin board.

Yes the shirt! Saw what the tour shirt looks like on the muse merch site Tampa stands out on the shirt quite nicely.

Also this thread is quite dead, the concert is tomorrow! Where is everyone? I requested to join the FB group, but not added yet.

Finally seeing Muse again tomorrow, three years has been too long!! I will likely get there a couple hours before the show, I'm not sure how crowded it is expected to be. When I saw them in 2009 up in Georgia, I got there shortly before the show started and didn't have a problem getting up pretty close, but I'm not sure what Florida will be like fan-wise.

I'm sure I'll see some of you there!

Archived