2013.02.22 - BB&T Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US

Furygirl

That was fucking massive!!!!! I knew they were going to be good, I didn't know they were going to be that awesome. Their album songs don't even compare. No Dead Star, but got Bliss and Stockholm Syndrome which was a terrific tradeoff. I lost it the second I knew Bliss was going to be played. Even Madness and Explorers sounded amazing live.

I now understand why TIRO is such a fan favorite. Holy shit that bass!

Oh, and so glad we got Liquid State. Again, holy shit that bass!

I was hyperventilating when they started playing Bliss, it was totally awesome.

I SHAKED MATT'S HAND! (I won't wash it anymore :LOL: )

Our setlist was totally awesome, I would have liked better if they played New Born, but SS was really a bomb, even people were moshing :)

And yeah, really nice crowd(most of the gigs I've been in America had awful crowds).

The only thing I can complain is about the organizers. The paperless tickets system was not working at the beginning and people with tickets were going in , so the line we did from early in the morning really didn't mean anything, also because they divided in 3 lines.

From all the ~60 concerts I've been to, this has been the most disorganized concert.

The only thing I can complain is about the organizers. The paperless tickets system was not working at the beginning and people with tickets were going in , so the line we did from early in the morning really didn't mean anything, also because they divided in 3 lines.

From all the ~60 concerts I've been to, this has been the most disorganized concert.

OMG that sucks! Totally explains why the floor had about 150 people and when I was standing to get a shirt, it was bottlenecked at the door. I said eff it and ran to the floor and got barrier. I got my ticket from the preorder. Had doubts earlier but glad I did.

I had problems too. Bought the tickets using a gift card during presale. When I finally got up to the entrance, my card wouldn't slide, so they sent me over to the Box Office. Took them 30 minutes to get my tickets. When I got down to the floor, I couldn't enter because they didn't give me a wristband, so I went all the way up to the entrance again, got my wristband and after an hour, finally got to the floor. Surprisingly ended up with a decent view...maybe like 5 rows back on Chris' side. I know someone who works there (and offered me a suite which was nice, but for Muse, I want GA!), so I complained. :p

This was our first show. AMAZING. My husband and I met at a Punk Rock Festival in Toronto over 30 years ago. We love going to shows. We love great musicians. We have seen every band in the last 30 years who knows how to make music.

Last show we saw was The Wall. We have seen Pink Floyd (I met them backstage in the 60s) I grew up in Philly and saw and met everyone at the Electric Factory. Hendix, Janis Joplin, went to Woodstock. Loved The Jeff Beck Group. Saw them at the Filmore East the night after Brian Jones died.

Muse is the only band I have seen that comes close to any of the bands I loved when I was a teenager in the 60s. Sorry to be so old and posting on this site, but I loved them. They are incredible. It's so great to see musicians under the age of 65 who write, perform and put on a REAL show. Matt is a musical genius.

I had problems too. Bought the tickets using a gift card during presale. When I finally got up to the entrance, my card wouldn't slide, so they sent me over to the Box Office. Took them 30 minutes to get my tickets. When I got down to the floor, I couldn't enter because they didn't give me a wristband, so I went all the way up to the entrance again, got my wristband and after an hour, finally got to the floor. Surprisingly ended up with a decent view...maybe like 5 rows back on Chris' side. I know someone who works there (and offered me a suite which was nice, but for Muse, I want GA!), so I complained. :p

Were they from the Muse presale or the Ticketmaster presale?

This was our first show. AMAZING. My husband and I met at a Punk Rock Festival in Toronto over 30 years ago. We love going to shows. We love great musicians. We have seen every band in the last 30 years who knows how to make music.

Last show we saw was The Wall. We have seen Pink Floyd (I met them backstage in the 60s) I grew up in Philly and saw and met everyone at the Electric Factory. Hendix, Janis Joplin, went to Woodstock. Loved The Jeff Beck Group. Saw them at the Filmore East the night after Brian Jones died.

Muse is the only band I have seen that comes close to any of the bands I loved when I was a teenager in the 60s. Sorry to be so old and posting on this site, but I loved them. They are incredible. It's so great to see musicians under the age of 65 who write, perform and put on a REAL show. Matt is a musical genius.

Oh for goodness sakes! Stop with the "so old and posting on this site"!!! :):D I post on the boards all the time. :) I am fascinated by your musical "history", and quite jealous all at the same time!! Agree with you that it is nice to see musicians these days who write/perform/put on a REAL show...much more rare in these Autotune days!! I know this thread is for gig atttendees, but I just HAD to comment on your post. :)

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for sharing. And yes, Matt is a musical genius. :)

Incredible! Massive! I'd been waiting a long long time for them to finally play here so it was all surreal. Swear when I heard the opening melody of Bliss I thought I was hallucinating. When I realized it was for real I freaking lost my shit, jumping like a maniac & probably annoying those around me- too bad! Husband filmed it but panned to me for a sec & am now suitably embarrassed at my ott behavior. :LOL::D

Husband was *not* a Muse fan before concert, other than tolerating SMBH & TIRO. He asked for a playlist of their other stuff & absolutely *hated* it & didn't wanna go. Long story short, now he's converted. After Supremacy admitted 'They're much better live than on record'. He loved Animals. As for me, other than Bliss(!!!), so happy we got Explorers (sorry, I love it), disappointed it was the only piano song, happy to get SS over NB, & didn't notice lack of PiB till I read comments afterward. Yes, setlist was short, but tbh it was fine b/c I was exhausted at the end from jumping & dancing.

The arena wasn't sold out which is no surprise considering I saw *zero* advertising & Muse has probably never been played on any radio here- we have no alternative station. But still a great showing- seemed filled in the end except for top 400 section. Crowd was great- we had VIP seats but I saw no one sitting down anywhere. So Fla crowds are usually sooo boring & dead- not on Friday!

Gotta give props for the VIP experience. My barrier days are long over & non-fan husband wanted seats anyway so I decided to spend the money just for good seats. Was expecting crap food & long lines- not so! We breezed right in thru our own entrance (had gotten detailed email instructions where to park to be close by). The food was *great*- nice stuff like rack of lamb, & ceviche served in martini glasses! After hearing stories of pb&j sandwiches served at other venues I was not expecting this. We talked to staff to compliment them on the spread & they said to thank the band b/c each artist picks & pays for the food & they went for the good stuff. We got there during opening band (which we didn’t care about & missed) but if I’d known VIP would be so nice we’d have gone much earlier for sure.

Overall, great time all around!

ETA: Nice review from this show: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/02/live-review-muse-at-bbt-center-in-sunrise-fl-222/

Archived