Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Not much of a secret so far as I can tell but mine were: Stockholm Syndrome, The Pretender, Assassin and Knights of Cydonia. What sort of gear was everyone recording with? Think I used my Les Paul DC on all but the last track, tele as well on 2 and 3 a strat and Fender Toronado on the last one. Guitar rig for the first 3 and an Orange TH30 on Knights with a Swolen Pickle added for the fuzzy vibrato bit.

Round1: didn't enter

Round2: All Your Love (entry 5)

Round3: didn't enter

Round4: KoC, (entry 9) the synthy bleep bloop one. This was actually a pisstake, i spent too much time on the backing track (though i should have spent twice the time on it) i did not had the time to record a proper guitar take so i just slapped some horrible covers thread worthy playing over the mix inspired by GSK and that joke entry in the first round.

edit: ^lol the pretender was not even a real amp/mic recording? i gotta relisten that one, i remember it as the best production of the contest

while we are at gear, for round 2 i used a cranked champ 600 and a cort, (btw it is too bassy and there is too much roomverb going on, next time i won't use a condenser mic) round 4 is going straight into the interface but that entry doesn't really matter because i wanted the guitar to be really bad

Not much of a secret so far as I can tell but mine were: Stockholm Syndrome, The Pretender, Assassin and Knights of Cydonia. What sort of gear was everyone recording with? Think I used my Les Paul DC on all but the last track, tele as well on 2 and 3 a strat and Fender Toronado on the last one. Guitar rig for the first 3 and an Orange TH30 on Knights with a Swolen Pickle added for the fuzzy vibrato bit.

I just pluged a guitar into the line in of my laptop, then ran it through some shitty patch in guitar rig. I did this cause my amp is a few hundred miles away at the moment as I'm moving so I wasn't too bothered scoring nothing. :LOL:

edit: ^lol the pretender was not even a real amp/mic recording? i gotta relisten that one, i remember it as the best production of the contest

Ha! Cheers. Hopefully helps prove that it's not all about vintage guitars, rare pedals and boutique amps, fun as they are.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my entries, hope you enjoyed listening to them and thanks for all the criticism, whether positive or negative - it's been fun.

I think the anonymous thing kinda messed with it this time. I never got a reply from Larry about the results but if we had been able to see who was who we could have done the scores as they went on. I think we should go back to public from the Christmas ones. And also no Muse for the Christmas one, the free for all round we very interesting so some form of flexible rounds like that would be much better.

I think the anonymous thing kinda messed with it this time. I never got a reply from Larry about the results but if we had been able to see who was who we could have done the scores as they went on. I think we should go back to public from the Christmas ones. And also no Muse for the Christmas one, the free for all round we very interesting so some form of flexible rounds like that would be much better.

Nonono. Anon made things so much fairer, this time round banterwankers couldn't just vote for their favourite banter entrant, they had to judge on talent or entertainment.

And no Muse? They've got a new album coming out, we'd be mad not to include them in some way

Plus, seeing as this is a Muse forum, people will be less interested if it doesn't involve them. A larger choice of bands would be good but I'm completely against omitting Muse

Archived