Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Anyone willing to share some mentions of what devices and interfaces they've been using to record this...There's been some brilliantly clear recordings, and I'm wondering about an upgrade if it's not going to break the bank...

Anyone willing to share some mentions of what devices and interfaces they've been using to record this...There's been some brilliantly clear recordings, and I'm wondering about an upgrade if it's not going to break the bank...

Used an SM58 for my amp, didn't sound good the first time although that was due to my placement I think, it sounds way better for this entry. Imho :chuckle:

Hmmm...I tried a Shure mic ages back but the sound still wasn't right...But now I'm thinking that's probably more down to the recording thing it was running through...I don't know if I really want a mic set up really...I don't need anything like that...Just something a bit clearer for casual recording...

Hmmm...I tried a Shure mic ages back but the sound still wasn't right...But now I'm thinking that's probably more down to the recording thing it was running through...I don't know if I really want a mic set up really...I don't need anything like that...Just something a bit clearer for casual recording...

Get a soundcard and DI it then

Well I've been recording so far through a USB audio interface, so something like that would be good, as I can use the multiple outputs on my Loop Station or something to send a copy of the signal to the computer, as part of the FX loop. That's what I've been doing anyway, with a little Line 6 thing. Recorded sound leaves a lot to be desired compared to what comes out the amp though...Found this through a quick Google but don't know if anyone would recommend it or not...Only problem is having to buy something that I can't guarantee will be any better...And it's only really for casual use...

Edit:

Reviews seem good...

To my ear, the clarity of sound from the Fast Track is outstanding. Professionals and dedicated audiophiles will certainly be able to get better sound with vastly more expensive equipment – but the law of diminishing returns comes into play. I don’t believe that you will get better sound by spending a few hundred extra pounds/dollars. Not until you are spending thousands more would you notice much difference.

Sounds like it solves the problem I've had to date then...Might go for it...Having said that, there's another review of a guy who got pretty pissed off with it...Haha!

You do seem to get really clear tone though, and it's beefy

Mmm, I'm never really keen on my recorded toan. I wanna get a second mic that I can position slightly different to get a fuller sound. Was looking at an AKG 214, but that's require a new sound card with two XLR sockets, as well as my new guitar and pro tools for uni and other general stuff

Archived