Hullabaloo set up

daveno1

Does anyone know if his whammy and delay both went through the effects loop on his dsl?

I would assume his whammy was first then delay.

Also does he use the dry and wet inputs on whammy? (so his original note is still there without it changin pitch, but the altered sounds comes out a different speaker)

I would say the whammy, delay and volume pedal went into the front of the amp, that way Matt can control the gain with the volume pedal, likely the dry output went to the tuner

:)

He had a volume pedal at that point? I'd say that's correct, but maybe with the delay in the FX loop

No idea if he has the dry signal going to a separate amp or not (I think he had a second DSL 50 and the fender 4x10). I'll have to listen to some different recordings from around that time, as I didn't really notice two separate sounds

That was a little earlier but I think during solo u can hear the original notes and chords being played then in background the octaver notes going through different amp, or at least i think thats whats happening.

That was a little earlier but I think during solo u can hear the original notes and chords being played then in background the octaver notes going through different amp, or at least i think thats whats happening.

yeah, but that doesn't appear to be the whammy he's using.

It's likely that he has the dry signal going to a different amp. there are 4 or 5 amps there.

Here's a recording from around the time of hullabaloo... I don't hear any of the dry signal during the solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UieldWIg03Y

Edit: I don't know why the text got fucked up.

It's a gif with alpha transparency. Copy the image's URL (I use chrome so I right click it and hit "copy image url) then put it in the address bar and go, it should give it a white background so you can read it.

And that's my contribution to this thread! :awesome:

doesnt whammy sound shit in loop?

Depends on how you use the amp in question.

Morello & Bellamy are well known for turning their amps up, getting the power amp working hard, as well as the speakers, which has a big impact on the resulting sound, which will be smoother. If they turned their amps down, the Whammy especially would be tinny and horrible when used in the loop.

Archived