Muse songs with key changes?

HannahG123

Take a Bow is probably their most modulation-heavy song, starting in D and going through 13 key changes before ending in B. Exogenesis is also full of key changes.

Bliss isn't the only song with a minor/major shift. Screenager goes from Gm to G in the chorus. B&H is mostly in Dm, except for the piano solo which is in D. There are also numerous Muse songs which flirt with relative and parallel keys, so effectively the song is using elements of two or three different keys without actually modulating.

Bliss goes from C Minor to C major in the chorus

Screenager also goes from G minor to G major in the chorus

Butterflies and hurricanes starts in D minor but has more tonal variation in the piano solo, seeming initially to be in D major but then has a lot of chromatic chords to that key.

Yeah, Take a Bow is based upon regular modulations. constantly modulating to the subdominant during the verses.

There's a small passage in Invincible when the distorted bass enters, this is in C minor instead of C like the rest of the song.

Knights of Cydonia modulates betweens the opening solos and verses, but I can't remember the keys.

Cross-Pollination starts of very chromatically in the piano solo but then is in F minor for the 'wade above the clouds' bit, and then modulates to C minor for the 'spread our codes' bit.

Those are what I can remember from the top of my head, there are probably others. :)

• 8 months later...
take for example Too Close by Alex Clare, has the same chords all the way through so has no key changes :)

Took a look at some of the chords of the mentioned songs and also the song that you mentioned, I think I got it now. Thanks

EDIT: lél, where did that title come from?

Took a look at some of the chords of the mentioned songs and also the song that you mentioned, I think I got it now. Thanks

EDIT: lél, where did that title come from?

:happy: sorry I had to sig your earlier comment it was too good :chuckle:

Correction then, every GOOD song. :awesome:

Just the first one I could think of since my first year prefect class have been playing it for the last 3 months :stunned:

Archived