What tube amp to buy ?

Lozo

Hi everybody !

This subject must be approached many times but I didn't find the exact answer to my question...

So the question is : what (tube) amp do you recommend me to play muse ? (in a moderate price, no Diezel ^^)

(I know Matt uses a Vox AC30 for his core sound. And some other amps like the VH4 etc...)

Hi everybody !

This subject must be approached many times but I didn't find the exact answer to my question...

So the question is : what (tube) amp do you recommend me to play muse ? (in a moderate price, no Diezel ^^)

(I know Matt uses a Vox AC30 for his core sound. And some other amps like the VH4 etc...)

Do you have a price range?

What sort of sound are you going for? Because Matt's tone has changed over the years

Maybe a Marshall DSL50 and 1936 cabinet.

I also thought of the DSL100 or 50, but if I do not make mistake, it rather corresponds to the sound of Showbiz / Origin of Symmetry era.

I'd rather like to approach the sound of the HAARP era (I know alot of people don't like it, but for me it's one of their best sound)

I also thought of the DSL100 or 50, but if I do not make mistake, it rather corresponds to the sound of Showbiz / Origin of Symmetry era.

I'd rather like to approach the sound of the HAARP era (I know alot of people don't like it, but for me it's one of their best sound)

HAARP is't a great album to choose for your tone as it varies songs from over 4 albums.

Guest Batman.

I'd get a Vox AC30vr - from what I've heard, they sound great, will give you a good Muse tone (Especially the 2009-2011 tone), and they're pretty cheap. And they sound good for other styles, not just Muse.. don't limit yourself by trying to emulate one artist.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not 100% sure that the Vox AC30vr is a true tube amp, will check later.

EDIT: It's a tube going into solid state, apparently. I'd class it as a tube amp, but it's something to think about.

HAARP is't a great album to choose for your tone as it varies songs from over 4 albums.

So, I'd say The Resistance era, even it's different. I'm not a great fan of their "old sound", even if I love their old songs.

I'd get a Vox AC30vr - from what I've heard, they sound great, will give you a good Muse tone (Especially the 2009-2011 tone), and they're pretty cheap. And they sound good for other styles, not just Muse.. don't limit yourself by trying to emulate one artist.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not 100% sure that the Vox AC30vr is a true tube amp, will check later.

EDIT: It's a tube going into solid state, apparently. I'd class it as a tube amp, but it's something to think about.

Ok thanks for your answer.

PS: The AC30VR is hybrid.

Archived