Which video was the most expensive filming?

doribellamy

Probably, yeah. But there's something that makes me think that Avatar required a little more money and work than Sing for Absolution promo

Avatar took 12 years+ to create.

There were no costumes, those suits were computer-made too.

Btw, I'm not saying that SfA cost nothing, I just think that KoC did cost more, since Muse had to hire an entire troupe.

I know the suits were computer made. What I meant was the headgear that covered their hair, as that can technically be classed as costume wear ;)

making_of_sfa_03.jpg

But hey, I'm knitpicking.

Muse hired a company called Ark VFX in order to make the SfA video. http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/ark_VFX/1.html

I could picture KoC but it was filmed in the middle of nowhere to save money.

Possibly Starlight (Renting a ship for a day can't come cheap)

All I know is that they didn't have to pay for the ship in Starlight, because someone who owned a ship had a daughter who loved Muse so Muse could use it for free. But I'm sure the fuel must've been expensive...

I reckon the most expensive one to make was either KoC or Bliss.

Just because there were 15 years between the original script and the release of the movie doesn't mean it took 15 years to create. 4 years is closer to how long it took to make.

Also considering the SfA video is much shorter, and I doubt Muse had anything near the budget of Cameron.

Also considering the SfA video is much shorter, and I doubt Muse had anything near the budget of Cameron.

...I don't understand you people. NO ONE SUGGESTED THAT SFA HAD A PRODUCTION EVEN CLOSE TO AVATAR.

I brought up the Avatar comparison, and it was because some idiot said that SFA was just CGI stuff, and therefore it couldn't have been very expensive. Therefore I remind him that Avatar was also mostly CGI, but that is still more expensive than all of Muse's music videos put together.

Conclusion: CGI does not equal cheap.

The conclusion is NOT that the costs for SFA are anywhere close to Avatar.

Goddamn...

To make it easier for you: If SFA is cheap because it's mostly CGI, that must mean that Avatar is also cheap. Do you get it?

CGI does not equal cheap.

that's for sure. I was just ironic with that "there's something that makes me think that Avatar required a little more money and work than Sing for Absolution promo".

What I meant is that the kind of CGI work that SfA required was (obviously) different from what Avatar had, not that SfA was cheap because it was CGI.

My conclusion is that a CGI video will likely be cheaper than a real short-film shot in Romania

that's for sure. I was just ironic with that "there's something that makes me think that Avatar required a little more money and work than Sing for Absolution promo".

What I meant is that the kind of CGI work that SfA required was (obviously) different from what Avatar had, not that SfA was cheap because it was CGI.

My conclusion is that a CGI video will likely be cheaper than a real short-film shot in Romania

I know you were sarcastic, which is why you must have missed my point.

You specifically said that KoC was probably more expensive than SFA because "Sing for Absolution is only computer made", and that had nothing to do with Avatar :)

...I don't understand you people. NO ONE SUGGESTED THAT SFA HAD A PRODUCTION EVEN CLOSE TO AVATAR.

I brought up the Avatar comparison, and it was because some idiot said that SFA was just CGI stuff, and therefore it couldn't have been very expensive. Therefore I remind him that Avatar was also mostly CGI, but that is still more expensive than all of Muse's music videos put together.

Conclusion: CGI does not equal cheap.

The conclusion is NOT that the costs for SFA are anywhere close to Avatar.

Goddamn...

To make it easier for you: If SFA is cheap because it's mostly CGI, that must mean that Avatar is also cheap. Do you get it?

Just because there were 15 years between the original script and the release of the movie doesn't mean it took 15 years to create. 4 years is closer to how long it took to make.

I was more reaffirming what you had said. That of course SfA's PV wouldn't take a lot less time to make than Avatar.

I was one of the ones to mention the SfA video as one of the most expensive too :p

I was more reaffirming what you had said. That of course SfA's PV wouldn't take a lot less time to make than Avatar.

I was one of the ones to mention the SfA video as one of the most expensive too :p

Wait what. Sfa DEFINITELY took a lot less time than Avatar

Archived