Dear Niall

Neil.

All users are given the benefit of the doubt until they lose it. It's not favouritism to give the benefit of the doubt to only those that don't have infractions, it's just common sense.

As for transparency, we believe we are transparent enough. Every site has different levels of transparency and we are happy with ours.

Feel free to link us to other sites though, we're always keen to see how other boards do things.

worthy. As Ari and Luke are both saying, there is a clear disparity in treatment of specific users when compared to the rest of the users of the board. If 1 user is being given the benefit of the doubt, all others must be - anything else is a glaring lack of moderational consistency and gives rise to the argument of favoritism which plagued the old team.

People do not necessary get the benefit of doubt, but the benefit of not having an warning/ an infraction yet. CarrieB won't get any "benefits" anymore. She got a warning. The mods will look at her posts more suspicious than they already did.

I don't think there is any favoritism. On the long term people get the exactly same treatment as other people, who do exactly the same. But then again there are hardly comparable situation/posts. You always have to put posts into context. Why did someone post something? General behavior, etc. You can't judge a post without context.

The problem is that this context is debatable. That's why we discuss about it. We interpret differently.

If anyone is given the benefit of the doubt while someone else is not, that is special treatment which, in turn, is favouritism.

No, discrimination between two groups based on how well the abide by a set of rules isn't favouritism. Giving the benefit of the doubt to people who have done nothing wrong in the past isn't special treatment it's just sensible. We don't have favourites. We infract people regardless of how 'favourite' they are and punishments are incremental. First offences warrant warnings unless they are very severe, then they warrant infractions.

If anyone is given the benefit of the doubt while someone else is not, that is special treatment which, in turn, is favouritism.

It's completely normal that for example I rather like people who call me an awesome guy than people who call me an ignorant cunt.

There is only a problem with favouritism, if it's arbitrarily.

I see Carrie as the MM Gorker. Both make posts that seriously aggravate people yet never use a naughty word so they don't break any rules directly. You guys could learn from them ;)

Hah quite possibly, Gorker has almost perfected the art of not getting infracted yet annoying everyone.

I see Carrie as the MM Gorker. Both make posts that seriously aggravate people yet never use a naughty word so they don't break any rules directly. You guys could learn from them ;)

I second that. Exactly what we need- a Board full of Gorkers :love::love:

Niall, my nose is a bit runny (left nostril mostly - the right one not so much now). Could you be of assistance?

PS: I went swimming today, if that helps.

I hate when one nostril is stuffed up but the other isn't. Then you blow your nose and it seems to change sides. Like wtf is this sorcery...

Archived