james90

nice, i bought another one of them not long ago, but i think the one i sold you was a bit nicer.

maybe check out a DC plus as well. they have slightly more modern sounding pickups and a few other differences.

I'll check it :)

did you have a parker fly deluxe ? I need to buy one.

I'll check it :)

did you have a parker fly deluxe ? I need to buy one.

yeah, i did. it was an older deluxe from 1995 i think...one of those bright red ones.

it was pretty nice, though a bit strange. i never got the hang of the electronic setup on it though, but it wasn't that complicated. i think something might have been wrong with it

also, for anyone interested (anyone?) i'm trying to capture the finish on the tele as it always looks like a 3 tone fender sunburst, rather than...what it actually is... (more of a dark sunburst with dark red/brown edges)

then i ended up taking more pictures

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0297.jpgIMG_0305.jpg

you can see in the second picture that no tortex .73mm picks were spared in my GSK style shredding :facepalm:

Nice board! How's very curious about the animato sound for any non-muse stuff!

thanks a lot :D well, probably chris is the one that made the animato become famous. I think chris use this pedal on some songs like "Hyper Music", "New Born", "Bliss" and "Hysteria".

I used animato during the recording session for my band's songs (Project Cyrios band). You can hear them in my band's reverbnation page :)

The main reason i use a custom blender (blenderpass pedal) is that i want to have a clean bass signal (dry) and affected/distorted signal (wet) together in one output. The main knob controls the percentage of the dry and wet signal (just like the xotic xblender pedal) my knob's setup is 58% dry and 42% wet. the blenderpass pedal is an alternative when you don't have much money for a bi-amp system. As far as i know, chris uses 3 marshall dbs 7400 heads to split the channel between clean, muff, and animato.

i bought my boss DD-3 from my friend (secondhand) and the case's condition is not that good, LOL. but it's functioning normally :D cheers.

Edited by archie_howard

and these are my basses ( sorry for the little kangaroo :D ) :

basses.jpg

Fender Jazz Bass American Vintage '75 Natural Finish

Dat bass!

My gear in it's current incarnation.

IMG_1331.jpg

Thinking of replacing the muff with a box of rock and a woolly mammoth. And adding a second lofi ekko. And getting a bigger board :indiff:

Nice shit, and cool epi is cool! Saying that, the MA got slagged for its pickguards resemblance to the male member, the pickguard on that looks like the whole arrangement. Tis still cool though.

Dat bass!

Nice shit, and cool epi is cool! Saying that, the MA got slagged for its pickguards resemblance to the male member, the pickguard on that looks like the whole arrangement. Tis still cool though.

hahahaha, I'd never thought of it like that.

are you using the pod for modelling? It seems a bit overkill when you have a bunch of pedals

I used to use the pod a lot with my band (before I had individual stompboxes), except I got sick of the distortion, overdrive and fuzz tones. Too... Sterile. I just haven't seen the need to get rid of it yet. It's still great as a 'grab and go' effects unit for jam sessions.

Sweet! How do you like the Epiphone Wilshire and the LoFi 616? I've thought about picking both of those up lately...

The Wilshire is great. It's got a nice narrow neck, and it's insanely light. I did a few little mods to improve it (the stock humbuckers were a bit boring and muddy). Mississippi Queen in the bridge to get near the sound of the first wilshires that had P90s.The neck pickup is a blue lace sensor. Gets some nice sounds. If you get one of the new ones, you'll want to upgrade it. Get a vintage one. They're pretty nice

The lofi ekko is fantastic. Not the typical analog delay, but it gives insane walls of sound and some pretty neat overtones when you get the regen just right. It's incredible what sounds can be made with it's oscillation.

The Wilshire is great. It's got a nice narrow neck, and it's insanely light. I did a few little mods to improve it (the stock humbuckers were a bit boring and muddy). Mississippi Queen in the bridge to get near the sound of the first wilshires that had P90s.The neck pickup is a blue lace sensor. Gets some nice sounds. If you get one of the new ones, you'll want to upgrade it. Get a vintage one. They're pretty nice

The lofi ekko is fantastic. Not the typical analog delay, but it gives insane walls of sound and some pretty neat overtones when you get the regen just right. It's incredible what sounds can be made with it's oscillation.

Sweet, that's exactly what I wanted to hear!

I almost bought a '65 Epiphone Olympic the other day, but I missed it on e(vil)Bay :( Oh well...

I asked about the blenderpass as it has A and B switches - still not sure what they do? I guessed it was a clean blend as it's a bass pedal board.

can you be more specific about when you use the animato on your reverbnation page? I'll check it out later

yes, my blender pass has an A and B switches. the A and B in my blenderpass pedal are loops (send - return). loop A consists of a clean/dry channel ( no pedals in it) and loop B consists of wet channel ( octave, distortion, and filter ). And the main knob controls the percentage signal loop A or loop B ( if you turn the knob clockwise, you'll get more dry signal and vice versa ). I use BOSS LS-2 to mix the animato and big muff in order to get that "Hysteria" sound :)

I used the animato on the "Philadelphia Experiment" song in my band's reverbnation page and for the song "Run" i used only the muff.

There aren't a lot of good recordings of animato's out there, especially not with a blended signal. Would you be able to make one for us?

I'll try my best since i don't have a proper device for recording a good sound :) I'll post here when it's done.

anyone here ever tried/used an AKAI Deep Impact Bass Synth before? cheers..