i saw a montery strat in demark street when i was working in london years ago. i was so close to buying it, but was in the process or building blackie at the time and couldn't really justify it. great looking guitar though.

i saw a montery strat in demark street when i was working in london years ago. i was so close to buying it, but was in the process or building blackie at the time and couldn't really justify it. great looking guitar though.

the fender custom shop thing? don't those go for close to what an original 60's strat would cost?

been there done that many moons ago. i only had grainy pics of the original to go on, and i had no idea what i was doing

that's actually really good for having no idea what you were doing!

I don't mean copying that or any other guitar, but something original. Something that would make it unique.

Any ideas? if anyone else has suggestions those would be welcome too

the fender custom shop thing? don't those go for close to what an original 60's strat would cost?

that's actually really good for having no idea what you were doing!

I don't mean copying that or any other guitar, but something original. Something that would make it unique.

Any ideas? if anyone else has suggestions those would be welcome too

I don't think it was part of the limited run. Just a custom shop thing. Can't remember exactly but I think it was a few G

I don't think it was part of the limited run. Just a custom shop thing. Can't remember exactly but I think it was a few G

I think you made the right decision. Even if you did sell that black guitar off for parts :supersad:

I'll doodle on it for 2k :awesome:

I actually would love a guitar that matches my iphone cover :awesome:

hooglebug, I'll send the body out today or tomorrow. It might be worth checking the electronics as well, seeing as I wired them up. :facepalm: Seems to work properly though.

• 2 weeks later...
i can get burgundy mist - its nitro

i started the checking today. so cant really do that hehe

oh right

just make sure it's not too visible - just something that you'd only really notice up close. whatever works best with the amount of aging the hardware has i guess.

when are the pickups supposed to arrive?

Archived