dude, james can wait for years without complaining, I wouldn't worry

gorgeous work though. Can we have some workshop shots?

i bet his workshop floor is 1 piece honduran mahogany.

and that is true, but it probably would be finished before those other guitars i have on order anyway

also, since the last mock up had a rosewood board (I forgot I was going for a maple board)

hollyjames3.jpg

basically that, but all hardware (except the brass bridge) will be aged nickel. not sure about the tuners though

also, no 12th fret inlay, and there will be a phase switch between the volume and tone controls

• 4 weeks later...
heh, james, this will be an awful finish, is it for a satirical band?

I wouldn't play in any other kind of band

As I've said before, it's loosely based on this

original.jpg

obviously it'll look pretty different, but the overall spec is going to be very similar. no preamp though...

SRS do you have a band? I'd like to hear some!

I never said that, but you'll be the first to hear the satire when I am.

And this guitar isn't going to have the relic'ing obviously, but it will have the obnoxious target burst.

The 3 tone sunburst that fender does now is a bit boring.

speaking of terrible finishes - im making a neck for someone in spain and he had a body finished in chrome by sims and then sent to me and its bloody awful.

its covered all over by orange peel, there are bits of dust that are literally sticking out of it so you can feel it, there is a little dent in the top and one on the back. oh, and the jack socket hole is too small and he asked them to make it the right size and they havent. i dont know how much he paid for it but whatever it was its too much.

so now im waiting on them replying to me about whether it will be safe for me to flat it down or if i'll have to spray it with more clear coats first

speaking of terrible finishes - im making a neck for someone in spain and he had a body finished in chrome by sims and then sent to me and its bloody awful.

its covered all over by orange peel, there are bits of dust that are literally sticking out of it so you can feel it, there is a little dent in the top and one on the back. oh, and the jack socket hole is too small and he asked them to make it the right size and they havent. i dont know how much he paid for it but whatever it was its too much.

so now im waiting on them replying to me about whether it will be safe for me to flat it down or if i'll have to spray it with more clear coats first

they chromed my bomber replica and i asked the same question, as i wanted to add the blue and purple. they said flat it with 2000 W/D as any lower will show in the top coat, but that was many years ago and they might be using another process now :)

Archived