holly pretty much just needs sanding. theres a tiny bit more to do on the lapsteel but thats almost at sanding stage too. but its too dam hot for me to do much of anything. im warm at the cooler times never mind when its like this

yeah just oil and wax on that. thats got its brass 'nut' and bridge saddle in place - tho not sanded and polished yet. waiting on a bar for the strings to pass through to come then i can get the tailpiece finished up and then start sanding the whole thing

alright!!!

heres the lapsteel with all its bits on. nothing glued or sanded or anything hence it still looking rough as bugger

08.jpg

and someone on projectguitar did a soundhole of cherry blossoms and i almost died! my sakura model is named after the japanese word for cherry blossoms, and i always had it in my head to do a soundhole/inlay of it. anyway, i dug out my old design to have a look

sakurafull.jpg

alright!!!

heres the lapsteel with all its bits on. nothing glued or sanded or anything hence it still looking rough as bugger

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h284/hooglebug/lapsteel/08.jpg

and someone on projectguitar did a soundhole of cherry blossoms and i almost died! my sakura model is named after the japanese word for cherry blossoms, and i always had it in my head to do a soundhole/inlay of it. anyway, i dug out my old design to have a look

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h284/hooglebug/sakurafull.jpg

How would that work exactly? it would go on both the fretboard AND body?

lapsteel looks cool - what color hardware for the rest of it?

i drew the inlay onto cad in a manageable form. theres 22 pieces of veneer and 257 separate pieces of shell. and on that subject through the door this morning came 100g of white mother of pearl and 50g of pink all at a very good low price. 100g where i normally get it from would cost about £60 - i got this for £15

Archived