no no knobs yet. what were you thinking about?

I'm not sure really - just something that wouldn't look as plain. Have you got any suggestions?

it's a bit hard to imagine what it would look like. i'm thinking black top hat, to match the pickup ring (and possibly the neck P90) and the switch tip.

edit:

actually, maybe this kind

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPEED-KNOBS-BLACK-KNB003-Set-of-4_W0QQitemZ220368937241QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item334f032119#ht_3159wt_941

hmm i think the chrome ones would look better. remember your bridge/tailpiece and other pickup and tuners are all chrome. i'll see what i have knob wise (yes yes chortle) and see if i can do a mockup. but i think the chrome ones would be best. but they're cheap things we can always get all kinds and see which looks best i suppose

well my luck just gets better and better.

sanded the colour down a bit before putting a final toner coat (bit of blue in clear coat) over it all before the burst goes on. half way through putting the toner coat on my airbrush just decides to stop working all together. so now im going to have to get a new one.

and sand back what i put on today because if i just spray on the rest there'll be a dark line between what iv done today and the new new bit. brilliant.

cant help but feel like that little spiel on the homepage of the AF Guitars website is a little too.. brutally honest? it just seems like admitting that some of your builds werent too great will discourage some potential buyers..

fair play on expressing your enthusiasm for learning the art of luthiery, but business is business :p

the build for james is looking fantastic, btw :happy:

Yeh maybe that should be on an "about me" page with the home page more like "look at my fucking amazing guitars you rich piece of shit. That's right, all the guys just jizzed themselves, all the ladies are sliding off their seats in extasy. Send me money NOW".

Seriously that looks amazing. EDIT: The guitar, not the website.

got a new airbrush and touch up gun while i was at it.

colours look darker in the pics than in real life. the burst isnt black, its very dark blue. and one half of the top is not darker than the other as it looks in the last pic. also some maple bits still need more scraping

35.jpg

37.jpg

41.jpg

Archived