I NEED help

Andy muse

they look like they was just glued on or done with a blow torch there are no screws

174748_CO1.jpg

Are you referring to the couple of 'rings' at the bottom left of that picture? If so you should just be able to 'screw' them on to the threaded section of the jack socket. No actual screws required

174748_CO1.jpg

Are you referring to the couple of 'rings' at the bottom left of that picture? If so you should just be able to 'screw' them on to the threaded section of the jack socket. No actual screws required

yes those rings are what have fell off

then screw twist them back on and you should be fine. they occasionally loosen up after a while, so that's probably what happened here.

edit:

take the jack plate off, put the jack back in position, then screw them on.

He might be better taking it to a local music store and getting them to do it, so he doesn't somehow mess up the wiring.

yeah, and they shouldn't charge for something like this, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DVWpjWd0JQ there i made a quick video

basically, the nut and washer fell off, and the jack got pushed back inside.

in order to fix this

-remove two screws around jack plate

-remove jack plate

-push jack back through jack plate, being careful not to pull at the wires

-put washer then nut back on

-put jack plate back on

easy enough, but i'd bring it to a shop if you're not comfortable. plus you need a certain tool to tighten it all the way.

You'll notice the jack plate has two screws on. Unscrew them so the plate comes off, then take hold of the actual socket which should be inside the guitar

DO NOT twist the socket as you'll twist the wires and probably fuck it up, instead just keep it straight. Thread the socket through the hole in the plate, the twist those two rings that fell off back on, making sure not to twist the jack socket as you do so.

Then screw the plate back on

ok im not a DIY person and i often f*** things up should i take it too shop or will ii be ok fixing my self

well if you're not comfortable with it, i'd just take it to a shop. it's a simple enough fix, so they most likely would do it for free.

Better idea: open the back cover, you should see something like this

Carbon-Cavity-sm.jpg

Now, put the rings over your plug, plug in and try fastening them while holding the jack from the inside.

Then you know they're aligned as they should be, and you won't twist the wires.

Better idea: open the back cover, you should see something like this

Carbon-Cavity-sm.jpg

Now, put the rings over your plug, plug in and try fastening them while holding the jack from the inside.

Then you know they're aligned as they should be, and you won't twist the wires.

no that looks hard i would screw that up :p

is it still ok to play ... unplugged ?

-remove two screws around jack plate

-remove jack plate

-push jack back through jack plate, being careful not to pull at the wires

-put washer then nut back on

-put jack plate back on

That's what I did when my copystrat OP jack came came apart. It's really not a big deal fix, It's much easier if you have a second person there to hold it still while the other person screws it back on, but I guess it isn't a problem with one...

It's not good when hooglebug is speechless about guitar repair/building.

Last time that happened, rhythm stopped jumping, and started dancing further and further away

...until the earth's axis tilted

I think he's got his answer for now - take it to a shop and yes you can play it unplugged.

What bass is that up there? nice wiring pr0n

Archived