High School Marching Band doing MUSE!

firebolt

Ok, so for the last 4 years, I've been (what feels like) almost single-handedly trying to promote MUSE in my region. I admit, I'm a late bloomer, only becoming aware of them in 2004.

I have two teenagers, and I'm always telling their friends (and mine) about MUSE, letting them borrow my CD's, I've got a giant sticker on the back of my car (i mean giant, like you can't miss it). I started saying "Told Ya So" when they finally did Knights of Cydonia on Rock Band - "Told you they were an awesome band...but did anyone listin to me?" So then came the Twilight Series..."See, I told you they were an awesome band, even Stephanie Meyers knows it!" And, let's not forget everytime we hear them playing something during the NFL games...

My two girls are in Marching Band at the High School (200+ members, really great band). Since they've been there, they've done Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Tears for Fears & U2.

OMG - THIS YEAR THEY ARE DOING MUSE! I'm going ef-ing nutz! Finally, a Marching Band show that I can sign all the lyrics to!! Arizona State did the show a couple of years back, and it's phenominal. Here's the set list:

Knights of Cydonia

Time is Running Out

City of Delusion

Blackout

Finishing with Knights of Cydonia Pt. 2

This is gonna be the best thing (Other than seeing MUSE live twice this past year!) Oh Yeah!

I'm a band director myself (well, soon-to-be. Graduated with Music Ed degree, all licensed up, all I need now is just the job...), and I've toyed with the idea in my head, trying to figure out how it would translate best. I'm uber-curious about this! Make sure a band parent gets it to youtube! I'd love to see it. :D

Ahh NO WAY! I'm in marching band and sadly veryone in it is obsessed with ska music :unsure: so it's a no go for me, but i can't believe you' ve got it! :D KoC and CoD...I can imagine the trumpet solos.....I'M a trumpeter....:supersad::chuckle:

Indeed, the Trumpet soloist is gonna have a blast doing KoC and CoD!

If you ever want to see a GREAT Marching Band doing the show ck out:

And YES - I will make certain to get video up on Youtube when they get the show perfected. Prolly October-ish!

Maybe we'll get MUSE out this way again & I can get tickets for the Marching Band...Just a couple of hundred extra tickets!!

• 8 months later...

And YES - I will make certain to get video up on Youtube when they get the show perfected. Prolly October-ish!

Maybe we'll get MUSE out this way again & I can get tickets for the Marching Band...Just a couple of hundred extra tickets!!

:eek:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

(all my school picks is rap hiphop and pop songs-for outstandingly obvious reasons)

That would be nice though...if only I could actually play a Muse song on clarinet!!!

*clarinets ftw*

Finally found this thread again after I watched that youtube video! :LOL:

Honestly, I have to say this performance was impressive. I've never watched any marching band stuff ever before (not into such things at all) but this looked really well done! Ok, the trumpet solo was rather messed up and quite a few notes missed over the performance - but then we're talking about students playing, and not professionals, right? And the trombone solo made up for it!

Best indicator to me that the field performance was good - it took about 5 minutes before I noticed the conductor! :LOL:

I was at this. I live in the state, and was visiting a friend at the U of A. It was really, really cool being there

Archived