Favourite song covered by Muse?

Spectrum IV

Favourite song covered by Muse? (List from Musewiki)  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite song covered by Muse? (List from Musewiki)

• America
    • Back in Black
    • Can't Take My Eyes Off You
    • Dracula Mountain
    • Feeling Good
    • House of the Rising Sun
    • Man of Mystery
    • Please, Please, Please (Let Me Get What I Want)
    • Popcorn
    • Prague
    • Tourette's
    • Where the Streets Have No Name

I would say Dracula Mountain, but it's really just a watered down version of the original. In fact the only cover which has equalled (and arguably bettered) the original is Feeling Good. So that gets my vote. It's an awesome song originally, and the added blasts of distortion and brilliantly anguished vocals take it away from being a mere copy to being something twisted and original, by subverting the happy feel of the original. It gets a lot of stick on here, but I still love it. :yesey:

Can't Take My Eyes Off You would be a close second though. They made the House Of The Rising Sun cover their own too, but whilst it makes me laugh, it's fairly unlistenable! And that's from someone who loves noise.

Where the Streets Have No Name

No contest. The Glastonbury performance is on par with when I saw U2 on The Joshua Tree tour.

So it's shit then? :awesome:

I would say Dracula Mountain, but it's really just a watered down version of the original. In fact the only cover which has equalled (and arguably bettered) the original is Feeling Good. So that gets my vote. It's an awesome song originally, and the added blasts of distortion and brilliantly anguished vocals take it away from being a mere copy to being something twisted and original, by subverting the happy feel of the original. It gets a lot of stick on here, but I still love it. :yesey:

They made the House Of The Rising Sun cover their own too, but whilst it makes me laugh, it's fairly unlistenable! And that's from someone who loves noise.

So it's shit then? :awesome:

Um, no. It's awesome.

Um, no. It's awesome.

It's a dull song from an incredibly dull band. Although it is on their only half decent (if still typically dull) album. Muse's cover added nothing to it. Except the removal of Bono's voice. Which I suppose makes it an improvement.

...Yeah, I don't like U2. To put it mildly! Most overrated and musically bland band of all time. The musical equivalent to a coma for me. Only more painful.

It's a dull song from an incredibly dull band. Although it is on their only half decent (if still typically dull) album. Muse's cover added nothing to it. Except the removal of Bono's voice. Which I suppose makes it an improvement.

...Yeah, I don't like U2. To put it mildly! Most overrated and musically bland band of all time. The musical equivalent to a coma for me. Only more painful.

Well, we shall have to agree to disagree then. I've loved U2 since I was in high school, which, granted, was before you were born. I was also lucky enough to see them live in 1987, which is when many of us consider them to have been on top of their game touring-wise. Where the Streets Have No Name opened the show.

I will give you that a lot of their 90's work, :noey:.

I really love Cant Take my Eyes of You and HOTRS. But I think Where the Streets Have No Name was epic. :awesome:

and Ive also loved U2 since I was in high school:LOL: Muse's cover of that song was amazing.

The Can't Take My Eyes Off of You cover was my second choice. I know it's complete cheese, but I still love it. Can't really explain why, but I do!

HOTRS > Feeling Good > CTMEOY

Hmmm . . . disagree. But I don't like Feeling Good when anyone does it. Muse doing it live is by far the most palatable, but far from my first choice of what I'd like to hear.

My only HOTRS reference is the riff/singalong we got in Charlottesville. And TBH, it was underwhelming. Underwhelming enough to not care about ever hearing it again. However, if you can provide a link to what you consider a top-notch performance, I will perhaps reconsider.

My only HOTRS reference is the riff/singalong we got in Charlottesville. And TBH, it was underwhelming. Underwhelming enough to not care about ever hearing it again. However, if you can provide a link to what you consider a top-notch performance, I will perhaps reconsider.

The riff/singalong? Well then of course you were underwhelmed. They've never played it live - I just consider the studio version to be a great cover.

Hmm, apparently 'The song was never played live, and never released on any of Muse's singles - only an NME cover album.' I just bought it digitally.

Damn, iTunes doesn't have it. They don't have Deadstar either, the morons. :mad: I shall have to be unenlightened a bit longer, I'm afraid.

Please Please Please (Let Me Get What I Want)

Where The Streets Have No Name

House of The Rising Sun

Cant Take My Eyes Off You

Feeling Good

Back In Black

Man of Mystery

America

Popcorn

Prague

:noey:

Damn, iTunes doesn't have it. They don't have Deadstar either, the morons. :mad: I shall have to be unenlightened a bit longer, I'm afraid.

You could preview it on iTunes or Grooveshark I guess.

Archived