@adammersel:

"Muse fans, one clue for tomorrow, and something I'm sure you never thought you would see..dancers. @TheGRAMMYs @muse"

Dancers? :wtf:

Hopefully they don't look like idiots after this... maybe it will be good(?)

ETA: I'm sure the music will be awesome, I just hope the dancers don't ruin it.

I think the "dancers" look like they're doing some sort of protest-related routine.... rather than an actual interpretive dance to uprising :chuckle:

I am looking at them like the protesters we had as an intro to the stadium gigs, but this time some guys who do something more than wave flags around

I am looking at them like the protesters we had as an intro to the stadium gigs, but this time some guys who do something more than wave flags around

yeah, exactly what i'm thinking too, the protesters with some choreography and probably there throughout the whole song rather than just for an intro... should be interesting :)

Although I'd love to see people in beasty, leopard and meerkat morphsuits doing an interpretive dance... it would have been fun :chuckle:

awww why? I think it sounds like it could be cool, and it'll at least be interesting...

I don't understand why people are getting so nervous... if it was UD with dancers I'd have been scared to death, but Uprising, not so much :LOL:

I dunno. The dancers and all, it sounds so un-Muselike. I wish they'd just let the music speak for itself (but then they'd have to choose a song other than Uprising).

Oh lawd, dancers! :facepalm::LOL:.

That's one less-predictable thing, even though it was ridiculously obvious Uprising would be the song choice, with or without Egyptian protests having an influence :p. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of dancers unless it's some alien-dancer-woman-thingy dangling from a UFO during Exogensis. Otherwise it's naff. I can see it now - the dancers are probably all dressed in corporate, capitalist suits (or whatever Hosni Mubarak wears) before stripping and revealing 'protest' clothes beneath that say RIOT on them. Or something.

Who gives a gnats chuff about the dancers??? It's not like it's MUSE who're dancing themselves... Remember this is a massively mainstream US music awards show, they'll have dancers showing people the way to the toilets!

So, because it's a 'massively mainstream US music awards show' Muse should tweak their performance to appeal to that crowd? That screams of sell-out to me :p. I don't think they're selling out by having dancers, but I just don't see any need for them in any of their performances (unless it's something like Exo/Blackout where they've used the heliosphere thing... that just works, atmospherically). If I wanted to see dancers, I'd watch Miley Cyrus performances ;).

I dunno. The dancers and all, it sounds so un-Muselike. I wish they'd just let the music speak for itself (but then they'd have to choose a song other than Uprising).

I think it sounds right up Muse's alley.... protester intro to uprising at the stadium gigs (which i thought was a bit lame, personally) morphing into protester-laden performance of uprising at an awards show...

Admittedly, I'll miss the unfurling bear flags they had at the VMAs :chuckle:

IMO, i'll take a few dancers on stage over a lame collaboration and medley of some sort aaaaaaany day...

I'm actually kind of relieved, to be honest ;)

I think it sounds right up Muse's alley.... protester intro to uprising at the stadium gigs (which i thought was a bit lame, personally) morphing into protester-laden performance of uprising at an awards show...

Admittedly, I'll miss the unfurling bear flags they had at the VMAs :chuckle:

IMO, i'll take a few dancers on stage over a lame collaboration and medley of some sort aaaaaaany day...

I'm actually kind of relieved, to be honest ;)

We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm cringing already :LOL:

So, because it's a 'massively mainstream US music awards show' Muse should tweak their performance to appeal to that crowd? That screams of sell-out to me :p. I don't think they're selling out by having dancers, but I just don't see any need for them in any of their performances (unless it's something like Exo/Blackout where they've used the heliosphere thing... that just works, atmospherically). If I wanted to see dancers, I'd watch Miley Cyrus performances ;).

But what if by "dancers" they just mean some sort of choreographed protester type moves being performed by people on the stage while muse performs slightly elevated on the towers? (which is what it looks like to me in the picture)

We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm cringing already :LOL:

oh yeah, it could potentially be very silly... but i don't think it sounds as scary as some of the other rumors and suggestions that have been floating around ;)

I'm going to be nervous either way... for some reason I get nervous about these things even though they don't involve me at all... lol i'm too invested :$

Archived