Which of Matt's stage antics to you like the most?  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Matt's stage antics to you like the most?

• raping his guitar
    • knee slides
    • fingering the kaoss pad
    • spinning and jumping around
    • pointing at random people
    • f**** the amp
    • making up new lyrics or giggling in songs
    • none of those, Matt should stay behind his microphone

Some people are still interested in what the band does, they just don't tend to like what they put out anymore. It's perfectly fine to not like everything they do.

Also, Queen? :noey: The correct answer is QOTSA's current lineup.

(well, except maybe Troy, soz Troy)

Yeah i think ultimately we are a bunch of pisstakers here at the muse board, we've always been silly people who know how to wind each other up. I think there's an element of 'if you don't get it, you don't get it' so a lot of people have left because they feel it's hostile or whatever, but I have never felt that. In the Banter area you do get people being dicks occasionally (not so much these days because of the quietness!!) but for every dick there's 10 more people who aren't dicks, and people who seem like dicks on the board are always lush in real life, so don't believe any 'banter is full of dicks' talk, it's just not true :LOL: Like any public space, imho, people are gonna be different and challenging... Weirdly though I know a lot of people have flounced from here because they got a hard time but then they talk to the same people in other fanspaces... so I think there's just something about this place that makes people more... arrogant, I guess, in the way they post, which they wouldn't do IRL. And then of course we've always poked fun at the band as well, and there used to be a lot of fangirls who really didn't get the humour in that so there'd be drama aplenty :D

OH SHIT LET'S STAY ON TOPIC

31182_394885388095_2137360_n.jpg?oh=c0aef637053f978333590dcf5160aad9&oe=56717AEF

laughed for a solid 10 mins when I first saw this pic and instantly made it my profile pic on facebook

Hehe, I remember doing something likethis in spring before the albumw as out and it was very silent here, and then someone told me to stop...I was ralking to myself or singing a song, I ,mean writing the lyrics..hehe

:( It's such a shame. It was the most active fan site ever. And something like the 800th busiest place on the internet for a few years, too.

MUSEBOARD I REFUSE TO LET YOU GO

rc77303dritacarmo-7075.jpg

:LOL:

My facebook friend: would you look at him. What a nobber!

Me: my love is only just beginning. heart emoticon. NEEDS MOAR LAMÉ. I think he must have the most embarrassing photo album in history.

Friend: He has the most embarrassing face in history.

rc77303dritacarmo-7075.jpg

:LOL:

My facebook friend: would you look at him. What a nobber!

Me: my love is only just beginning. heart emoticon. NEEDS MOAR LAMÉ. I think he must have the most embarrassing photo album in history.

Friend: He has the most embarrassing face in history.

:noey: Unfriend him/her. Now.

:( It's such a shame. It was the most active fan site ever. And something like the 800th busiest place on the internet for a few years, too.

MUSEBOARD I REFUSE TO LET YOU GO

I remember even when I first joined it was way more active than nowadays. T'is kinda sad, sometimes I wonder if in a few years it'll be pretty much dead :(

One day, there'll be a Lenny Kravitz incident. :LOL:

Oddly enough, that was the first thing I thought when I saw/heard about the Kravitz thing. Like, "Shit, how has this not happened to Matt at some point?" :chuckle:

Whatever he's done to avoid it, long may it continue. That picture of him in the swimming pool with his arse out is already more than the world needs.

:LOL: she's probably as big a fan as I am. That's that pesky muser pisstaking thing again :LOL:
Ah, much to learn, I have. ;)

Oddly enough, that was the first thing I thought when I saw/heard about the Kravitz thing. Like, "Shit, how has this not happened to Matt at some point?" :chuckle:

Whatever he's done to avoid it, long may it continue. That picture of him in the swimming pool with his arse out is already more than the world needs.

I remember that one. :LOL:

There's been some open fly or torn pants incidents, but I think he tends to wear boxers. :chuckle:

fly%20open%20gif_zpsblfdopes.gif

And a string of other... "incidents"...

amp%20love%20gif_zpsrvdf1dzc.gif

And I'm sure there's something wrong with me, or it's my '90s nostalgia, but damn I loved the long hair... Wish there were more non-pap shots.

Never enough nice long-hair dudes out there.

d21421d1-8308-451f-af36-9bf016979be0_zpsro8gvfep.jpg

(longer than that, but couldn't resist another zipper joke. :chuckle: )

I also remember being on a lot of forums back in the baby days of the internet, back when mailing lists were the thing, even. :chuckle: irc chats when it was big for video sharing.

And yeah, either I just picked nicer fanbases, or things were a bit more civil back then.

There's a fine line between "inside jokes" and "pisstaking" and actually being an ass to someone and then saying "soz. Joke, ya know."

I joined fairly recently, but always wished there was a bit more Muse talk on the Muse board. :noey:

We basically sort out what songs are shit on the albums, everyone leaves, and then a couple of people just post "that's fucking shit" after the one post a day.

Yeah I think the 'hostility in banter' thing comes from a few long-standing curmudgeonly types, people who have posted for so long they're used to saying what they feel without much regard for the fact that people might be new & not understand their tone/whatever. But you soon get to know people and they're actually lovely... But then you get newcomers who try to be like that, and just come across as dicks. But none of that is ever truly personal, so I never understood why it stopped people posting whatever they like. It couldn't have been that bad as the place was always so active! Definitely wasn't that that killed the board, in fact I think that sort of drama was its unique selling point :LOL:

I must admit I went through a long stage (years, even) of ignoring the Muse areas of the messageboard completely, then when my enthusiasm returned this year I came back in expecting the same old forums and activity that were always here... I guess I took them for granted! WELL, people spending an evening talking about Matt's crotch region problems is a good sign that the people are still out there and the board could be coaxed back into life... My own reputation be damned :LOL:

And yeah I like him with longer hair, really short hair is too severe on him in my humble opinion :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5_Td5-d7uPvzztdX-zUFP2ROMys4hbzQh_8UuoS0fl0Sqemll8Q

:noey:

Muse-SMBH-27.jpg

:yesey:

:awesome:

Was just reading back what I missed yesterday. had to go to bed cause work today

When I first read the board, early 2015, I was astonished about the tone here. As Gemsy, already said, when you are new and write something off your mind you get attacked from certain members that this deosn't make sense, to put it that way, or "what do you mean?" Can't I just write down what I want without having to explain everything? Ah, we might need a "free speech thread" :eek::happy:

There's been some open fly or torn pants incidents, but I think he tends to wear boxers. :chuckle:

I also remember being on a lot of forums back in the baby days of the internet, back when mailing lists were the thing, even. :chuckle: irc chats when it was big for video sharing.

And yeah, either I just picked nicer fanbases, or things were a bit more civil back then..

Hehe, and Dom posts underpanties/skin pics of himself before anyone is doing it :LOL:

I remember another one, but can't find it...

So let's show the "next generation" what "Generation X" was doing back then...:) being polite under fans !

Edit: I couln't find the other 52 PMT threads...

And..was reading the headers of thetopics in this thread, did it start going downhill in 2013? It started here that threads got closed down...change of Mods maybe??

Edited by Claudia O.

Haha I think the really long threads like this and the Banters get deleted as they take up a lot of server space with their 10,000 replies :LOL:

Not sure exactly when things started to slow down here. Probably was after the broccoli album came out, yeah.

Haha I think the really long threads like this and the Banters get deleted as they take up a lot of server space with their 10,000 replies :LOL:

Not sure exactly when things started to slow down here. Probably was after the broccoli album came out, yeah.

Yeah, there definitely seemed to be a significant drop around T2L's release. I think a lot of people dropped off over the course of TR Tour as well.

And I'm sure there's something wrong with me, or it's my '90s nostalgia, but damn I loved the long hair... Wish there were more non-pap shots.

Never enough nice long-hair dudes out there.

I agree but, if we're talking long hair, 2008 is the way to go. Easily the best out of the few 'versions' of Matt that I actually find attractive. That stringy mess from 2013 was :noey: (though it was quite amusing and I don't think the weird floral/salmon jackets helped, to be fair)

There were some truly beautiful photos of the true long hair, but unfortunately not allowed to post any of them. It didn't last long enough!

11055477_684221641687798_572967045_n_zpsya9mza7k.jpg

Even in that floral jacket photo that was meant to be embarrassing - I've never thought he looked more lovely than he did at that period of time. :happy: (I mean, except that he looked obviously worn down in that pic)

I'll certainly give a pass to longer fluffy hair

e7b6de51-69be-4f7b-bdb4-ff22c84d2dae_zpsdzo8gzq5.jpg

And longer spiked up hair, preferably with hairline not covered up

8b498343-d5cf-4e56-b8c2-b4e8abc66c42_zpskgdunwce.jpg

I don't recall ever even finding him attractive until he got older. :chuckle:

He also had that too short hair way too frequently, and it never really suited him.

SNL broke my heart. Plus, I never really like Madness.

65119356-adc5-42ed-a6f2-bd8c27545a2f_zpscmfo4ppr.jpg

There's been 8000+ people viewing the board at once, and hundreds of them registered - I don't believe that some of those wouldn't want to post if it were more accessible.

Older fans drifted away, or didn't like the way the band was going, and had already talked about everything already, and the board needed new people to survive.

Unfortunately, at least in my experience, every conversation (and just talking about MM; I only read like 3 threads in Banter periodically, and certainly wouldn't join a Muse board to not talk about the band) would get shut down by something like "lol" :) "wat" or some variety of "that's shit and you're stupid." Or, if people were really bored that day, picking apart one off-hand remark in a larger conversation, and killing the actual point.

It wasn't "funny" or an inside joke - it was just certain people shutting down conversations and chasing away potential new people because they were bored. :(

I don't recall ever even finding him attractive until he got older. :chuckle:

He also had that too short hair way too frequently, and it never really suited him.

Me neither (young, drawn-on veins Matt is just not for me...). I definitely prefer him much more nowadays, although I did not like the long year earlier this year. I'm glad he cut it off again. Of course I totally accept that others have different tastes. :D

Oh and I hope he'll never get rid of his beard (can you even call it that? Stubble?) again.