More sex less politics

arvaark

You've got the best username and sig in the world :LOL:

OnTopic: Political and spacey lyrics FTW! :cool: Although I love the line 'your innocence I will consume', lol!

i don't know. i just think it is a good thing to write their songs on different topics. it is always helpful to gain fans with different interests.

and aaaaahh thanks :awesome:

:eek: I thought I had imagined that, especially 'cause I was busy filming Chris! :LOL: He really did drop the F-bomb?

Yeah. Ever since I always find myself singing that version when I'm singing along in the car. Loudly. :D

As for "politics" vs. "sex" I think that's watering it down a bit, eh? I kind of think beyond either of those when I listen to Muse of any era. Honestly I think it's all, from Showbiz to The Resistance, about human relationships -- it just goes from a micro scale to macro. I like both. I find I relate a bit more personally to the earlier stuff because I've have a lot of personal relationship letdowns in my recent life and it's cathartic to listen to things like Escape and Hyper Chondriac Music. But I really like how the newer stuff leads me to think of my own problems in a broader sense, as they relate to other people's problems and the entire human race's crises. I really enjoy the progression of Muse's albums, and would be glad to hear more of either type of lyrics (or both ... they're not mutually exclusive at all) on the next album. I hope at least some of what I said there makes some sort of sense ... :stunned:.

As for "politics" vs. "sex" I think that's watering it down a bit, eh? I kind of think beyond either of those when I listen to Muse of any era. Honestly I think it's all, from Showbiz to The Resistance, about human relationships -- it just goes from a micro scale to macro. I like both. I find I relate a bit more personally to the earlier stuff because I've have a lot of personal relationship letdowns in my recent life and it's cathartic to listen to things like Escape and Hyper Chondriac Music. But I really like how the newer stuff leads me to think of my own problems in a broader sense, as they relate to other people's problems and the entire human race's crises. I really enjoy the progression of Muse's albums, and would be glad to hear more of either type of lyrics (or both ... they're not mutually exclusive at all) on the next album. I hope at least some of what I said there makes some sort of sense ... :stunned:.

That's exactly what I was going to say pretty much. :D Exactly.

Yeah. Ever since I always find myself singing that version when I'm singing along in the car. Loudly. :D

That's a really good point. I don't know whether this thread was meant on a more shallow level :chuckle: but I agree, except that I wouldn't say that the micro level was lost, just that the style changed. Many of the songs are interchangeable. Songs like Citizen Erased and Sing for Absolution and Invincible can so easily be understood on a micro as well as macro level, (well I think Matt said Invincible started as a love song and changed into something else). A lot of songs switch between the two, like Sing For Absolution. And one thing that I thought on The Resistance is how USoE and Guiding Light compliment each other, Collateral Damage resulting in world war, (a disintegrating world) and then Guiding Light following on from the bombs to booms, like symbols of doom, and switching to a disintegrating personal relationship, all very tongue in cheek of course. Exogenesis also has elements which could be interpreted in relation to trying to start again in a personal relationship as well as attemping to find new beginnings for the human race.

It's all very clever. :happy:

I really like Showbiz, but also The Resistance so I guess I don't mind. I don't think I have a preference over style, both appeal to me. I think when I'm listening to the more intimate songs, like Map of Your Head and Unintended that I prefer it, but then I'm wowed again by The Resistance so...yeah :happy:

Actually I'm going to add that Chris said that he felt that The Resistance was more similar to Showbiz in that it was more personal and Matt said that he had become more comfortable singing songs concerning love, so I think that if it does happen, which it may well not, and the next album is more intimate, it will be an extension of an ongoing creative process rather than a complete rethink.

:yesey:

I am a bit disappointed with the lyrics to the 2 latests albums: too much politics.

Frankly I prefer statements like 'Your innocence I will consume ' to 'You bring destruction to the country you run'. (Just my point of view):rolleyes:

So more cheese then? :eyebrows::D

Haha,just kidding,I think that Matt sometimes shoves romance/love/cheese/sex into a political song or whatever,he writes about various topics and I don't think that the last two albums lacked looove....;)

Archived