Pick-ups used by M.B. Are they worth buying?

Protonix

Yeah, right. To me, it IS rocket science. I on't have a clue about wires and stuff. It's not like i learned how to solder and rewire.... My grandadis is an expert for wiring, but I wouldn't give my guitar to him... What's with the new pup idea?

Yeah, right. To me, it IS rocket science. I on't have a clue about wires and stuff. It's not like i learned how to solder and rewire.... My grandadis is an expert for wiring, but I wouldn't give my guitar to him... What's with the new pup idea?

If you can't wire a pickup, then you're going to have an issue buying new ones :chuckle:

Would a MBK2 work OK? I heard that it's pretty good when it comes to either distorsion or clean

firstly, the above. you're going to have to do some rewiring regardless, and secondly for the cost of an mbk2 set you can buy a new guitar anyway, an Epi LP special 2 is about that much.

Dude, I'm pretty clumsy. I'm just not capable of that.

Haze, a friend of mine told me that near the city is some guy that has a guitar shop, and also IS qualified for repairs and stuff. So I'll pay him (or something, I dunno) to wire that pup I'll buy. And that's it.

EDIT: An MBK2 costs how much? It can't BE like a new guitar. 250 pounds or more? I'm surely not buying a LP. SG mybe. But LP, no. I just.... Don't like them.

Dude, I'm pretty clumsy. I'm just not capable of that.

Haze, a friend of mine told me that near the city is some guy that has a guitar shop, and also IS qualified for repairs and stuff. So I'll pay him (or something, I dunno) to wire that pup I'll buy. And that's it.

EDIT: An MBK2 costs how much? It can't BE like a new guitar. 250 pounds or more? I'm surely not buying a LP. SG mybe. But LP, no. I just.... Don't like them.

According to Mansons.co.uk it's 119 pounds for a single MBK 2 pick-up. Why don't you keep the ones you have now? You'll be paying somebody to wire it whether you buy the MBK 2 or keep your current ones, so might as well save the extra money.

OMG. Overpriced. No, I asked the man. He would charge me... 5 pounds. Not much, really. But 200 pounds for a pup? Why, for God's sake??

EDIT: I don't want to. They are old, weak and dying. Is that enough? I just wanted one for the bridge, because I don't use the neck one. The sound is just... Muddy and muffly.

OMG. Overpriced. No, I asked the man. He would charge me... 5 pounds. Not much, really. But 200 pounds for a pup? Why, for God's sake??

EDIT: I don't want to. They are old, weak and dying. Is that enough? I just wanted one for the bridge, because I don't use the neck one. The sound is just... Muddy and muffly.

You said they're 2 years old, not exactly ancient, and it's already been established in the thread that they aren't dead, simply wired incorrectly, pay the guy at the shop the 5 pounds and spend your 119 on something worth it.

Is that enough? I just wanted one for the bridge, because I don't use the neck one. The sound is just... Muddy and muffly.

Have you tried raising/lowering the pickups? How close/far away from the strings the pickups are affects the sound.

I'm starting to think we're being trolled here. :/

Archived