Lighting & Sound America - May 2010 cover feature

frenziedsilence

I have a friend who works for a stage company, and she snagged this out of their office for me. It's an industry magazine about stage systems. Pretty spiffy! :happy: The article is an extensive description of everything used for the 3-pillar Resistance tour setup.

I left the scans pretty large, and there are 8 pages. So I am spoilering them.

LightingSoundAmerica2010_00.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_01.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_02.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_03.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_04.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_05.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_06.jpg

LightingSoundAmerica2010_07.jpg

I skimmed it pretty fast, but I thought it was great and interesting even if I didn't understand all of the technical aspects! Thank you for the scans. :happy:

I want to read this again later when I'm not so tired.

I thought the panels were Stealth screen's orginally when I knew they folded up, I didn't realise they were 2 different brands.

This is similar to other articles I've read but no where near in depth. I didn't realise so much was going on in the background. It's the art-net protocol that I get lost at, I've got a bare understanding of DMX as it is. :LOL:

The best analogy I can read from is it's like going from a Coaxial daisy chained computer network to an IP star design network.

I guess the whole performers from above and down the steps was a concept that was never followed up.

Thanks for sharing! Great feature on MUSE Shows. Very interesting, complex, and over the top at the same time! You get a great perspective of how much MUSE puts into their shows for their fans worldwide. Muse really loves what they do & they must break even, on touring.

aloha,

guccigoogirl :D

Archived