NME greatest guitarist ever!!

kewkie

I don't like modern polls/charts these days. The winner seems to be decided on the more fanatic fan base. These kind of marks are meant to be historic but nothing is ever going to be a true reflection again. It's only NME mind - nothing is ever 'true' on there.

Please note: This was not said because Matt did not win.

I totally agree with you. Fan-voted polls are now all about which fanbase is more fanatical, and until they can sort out the obvious vote-rigging problems then they'll not mean anything at all.

I don't like modern polls/charts these days. The winner seems to be decided on the more fanatic fan base. These kind of marks are meant to be historic but nothing is ever going to be a true reflection again. It's only NME mind - nothing is ever 'true' on there.

Please note: This was not said because Matt did not win.

I had a peek at The Horror's fan site when this thread was first posted, out of curiosity, to see if they were rigging the vote and they didn't seem to be. Maybe most NME readers truly think this guy deserved to win or maybe he won by default as not many people could be bothered to vote, there have been so many NME polls lately.

Maybe NME will have to do a Horrors Icon Special now:chuckle:, wonder how many issues that'll sell for them ;)

I had a peek at The Horror's fan site when this thread was first posted, out of curiosity, to see if they were rigging the vote and they didn't seem to be. Maybe most NME readers truly think this guy deserved to win or maybe he won by default as not many people could be bothered to vote, there have been so many NME polls lately.

Maybe NME will have to do a Horrors Icon Special now:chuckle:, wonder how many issues that'll sell for them ;)

I did the same, but no way that it can't be rigged.

Where is Doug Smith?

Grammy Award Winning acoustic guitarist Doug Smith is the winner of the prestigious Winfield International Fingerstyle Competition in 2006, and Billboard Magazine writes, "Inviting melodies...stunning fingerpicking". Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine raves, "Smith's fretboard brilliance continues to dazzle”.

His original music has been heard on radio and TV shows throughout the world, including True Hollywood Story and Martha Stewart Living , and his playing has been heard in movies such as “Twister", “Moll Flanders” and “August Rush”.

^^Taken from dougsmithguitar.com^^

I've met him several times (he's a local and visits at the music store where i work). and i've never met a kinder man. (his fingernails creep me out though:()

I voted for Hendrix btw. Did for music what MLK did for equality--MADE IT HAPPEN WITH LOVE!!(not comparing jimi w/ MLK... for those stupid enough to read it that way)

Archived