xy pad via midi

JJ

i'm not sure if there is already a thread for this but has anyone found out how to build the kaoss pad's xy pad into a guitar so you can control things by midi? surely youve checked out "phil's" kaoss pad guitar but thats using RCA connectors (the type that connects the computers screen to the hard drive and shizz).

Because if i could do this by midi (like matts guitars) i could control my digitech whammy aswell and i could also choose to go wireless etc. cheers.

COMING OUT?

its come out for like a year already!!!

Edit: oh btw the mini kaoss pad can do pretty much everything bellamy related functions, but doesnt have as many samples as the KP2 i think

you can buy it here. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-miniKP-KAOSS-Pad?sku=701806&src=3WFRWXX

has it? brill last time i read anything about it was just revealed.

i was thinking of getting a mini kp. they have gone down in price by £20 :)

but i dont intend of putting velcro back on my guitar again. i did that with my fuzz factory and it looked stupid. but just the thought of having a kp 2 in your guitar would be so cool! i might just get a kp2 and build it in normally.

The way I see it, if you're not smart enough to know how to take a touchpad, and make it output X/Y values, (or whatever), then you probably shouldn't be hacking up a KP. Similarly, nor should you be derisive of others that perhaps are trying to help...

The way I see it, if you're not smart enough to know how to take a touchpad, and make it output X/Y values, (or whatever), then you probably shouldn't be hacking up a KP. Similarly, nor should you be derisive of others that perhaps are trying to help...

so in english that is? :p

so in english that is? :p

You are a dumb shit that is way out their depth messing around with this.

:p haha, but that's the gist of it

if this board was up to you know one would post atall, coz your well cool lolz

It would be immeasurably appreciated if you would respectfully refrain from commencing the uttering of such profanity whilst you find yourself in such close proximity to my presence. CUNT!

you can use the kaoss pad to control a whammy anyway, it has a midi output, so just make the kaoss in your guitar in a similar way to phil (or however you want) and the put a midi cable between the KP2 and the whammy (digitech?), you can then control the expression of the whammy with the kaoss. cool eh?

Archived