new Helsinki Jam? "MK Jam"?

naomithegreat

It is very groovy and funky, and it was good and I liked it, but it wasn't as good as Helsinki jam or the one before it, Osaka jam. Don't get me wrong, Muse is still awesome, but I think that they are starting to loose sight of the quality of their music, and starting to look more at the money. The Resistance was awesome, but it wasn't like their old stuff. It coud be that they are matureing more (it doesn't matter how old you are you can still mature) or getting into different music, it could be that they are trying to reach a different audience, who knows (THEY DO). Did I say that I liked the jam? :D I just went and saw a better vid of it and it wasn't good, IT WAS FUCKING AWEOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
It's a good start.

Sounds more techno than rock though, having said that; I love the tone on the bass, sounds sexy. :)

Sorry, I thought the whole jam sounded pretty techno myself. :LOL: But anyway thanks!

Whew the bass sounds okay! That's a relief--it's actually a knock off, fake fender bass from the Philippines put through a guitar amp. :erm: Had to make due with pretty shoddy equipment.

thanks! What about the drums needs changing? I can still tweak it easily since it's a midi track. :)

They could be a bit... deeper, heavier? I think I'm still a bit hungover from last night, I'm having a hard time finding thre right word. :LOL:

They could be a bit... deeper, heavier? I think I'm still a bit hungover from last night, I'm having a hard time finding thre right word. :LOL:

:LOL: That's okay--that makes sense. I'll figure something out. :happy:

EDIT: Here you go. I tried to make the drums resonate a bit more and sound less techno-y and I tried to add that wah effect thing in the middle of the jam. Hopefully it doesn't sound too bad, since I don't have an actual wah pedal. It's all post-processing. :erm: Download if you'd like.

http://www.alyssamphoto.com/Wankdorf_MK_Jam-drum&wah.mp3

:LOL: That's okay--that makes sense. I'll figure something out. :happy:

EDIT: Here you go. I tried to make the drums resonate a bit more and sound less techno-y and I tried to add that wah effect thing in the middle of the jam. Hopefully it doesn't sound too bad, since I don't have an actual wah pedal. It's all post-processing. :erm: Download if you'd like.

http://www.alyssamphoto.com/Wankdorf_MK_Jam-drum&wah.mp3

Much better! :awesome:

what kind of peadal and recording software do you use?

I actually didn't use any pedals (don't have any)--I used my guitar amp (VOX AD30VT) with the built in distortion and hooked it up directly to my mixer so I wouldn't blow the speakers. :LOL: I actually had both a distorted channel and a clean channel through my bass amp at the same time, since the distortion alone sounded a little muddy--which is understandable, since it was a guitar amp.

Recording software was Cubase SX3. The drums were sequenced through there as well.

I actually didn't use any pedals (don't have any)--I used my guitar amp (VOX AD30VT) with the built in distortion and hooked it up directly to my mixer so I wouldn't blow the speakers. :LOL: I actually had both a distorted channel and a clean channel through my bass amp at the same time, since the distortion alone sounded a little muddy--which is understandable, since it was a guitar amp.

Recording software was Cubase SX3. The drums were sequenced through there as well.

Ahh, i have cubase le 4, still cant figure it out though. i used to have a small crate amp until i found out that my dad has a huge bass amp, i use that now. awesome job

Archived