135135135135 piano

falsetto

over the top string arpeggios.

some falsetto

But arod, its a symphony!

Well, of course it is, it says so right in the title after all?

You're right, a three-part symphony for a three-man band from Devon is in no way experimental.

You're right, a three-part symphony for a three-man band from Devon is in no way experimental.

Correct; Exogenesis isn't experimental at all :erm:.

It's ambitious, it's overblown, it defies genre to some extent but it is quintessentially 'Muse', in the same way that Butterflies & Hurricanes, Blackout, Take A Bow and City Of Delusion ape the whole classical-rock crossover.

Muse are a million miles from being experimental at any stage, innovative perhaps, though I'd maintain they simply take clearly defined genres and shove them together. It's not all that scientific :LOL:.

I guess every single "pop" "rock" and "mainstream" band in the world is doing this kind of symphony right ?

No, but Muse has done it a lot of times before, nothing new for them really, except that this time Matt wrote all the strings and stuff himself.

lol i love how it must be that the haters are the ones who don't want the band to change! The three first albums are all different enough to keep it interesting. It's the irrationality from people on both sides from people unable un understand the opposing opinion that keeps these threads going round in circles.

I guess every single "pop" "rock" and "mainstream" band in the world is doing this kind of symphony right ?

*Shrug*

I think it sat somewhere in the middle between a mediocre classical composition and an average rock piece and by attempting to satisfy both expectations it doesn't completely succeed. The 3 parts end up feeling a bit chopped together for me.

You're really tearing it apart and boiling it down with "135135" piano (which it doesn't sound like to me anyway).

Please, remove the "symphony" from the title, then tell me what makes it so different from what Muse have done before.

I take it personally when people act like arrogant pricks....hmmm

So don't respond?

I am sorry if I bruised your ego and your delicate preconceived notions about your favorite band.

Its just a discussion forum, lighten up.

I wouldn't say it was that experimental putting strings to guitar or piano music. However I would say it is unconventional to put tracks like Resistance and Undisclosed Desires on an album alongside heavier tracks like MK Ultra and the Exogenesis pieces.

So don't respond?

I am sorry if I bruised your ego and your delicate preconceived notions about your favorite band.

Its just a discussion forum, lighten up.

I don't mind your opinions as much as I mind how you present them.

Do I have to remind this thread again? Unnecessary b33f = no, excitement = yes!

If you sincerely "hate" the song after 2 measly previews, let those who are waiting for the full thing excitedly and open mindedly get on with the squeeing! :D

:D

I don't mind your opinions as much as I mind how you present them.

I present them as fact, this bothers you. Yes?

Who cares though, I don't really need to preface every post I make with a disclaimer, the idea that the following contains 'opinion' is kind of implied I thought.

Would this forum be the better for containing pages and pages of "squee"?

*Shrug*

I think it sat somewhere in the middle between a mediocre classical composition and an average rock piece and by attempting to satisfy both expectations it doesn't completely succeed. The 3 parts end up feeling a bit chopped together for me.

Well to each his own.

I'm not a fan of Exo-G at all to be honest but I do admire the musical work behind it.

I don't see many "mainstream" bands doing that if you ask me since Muse is considered by many new "haters" or old die hard fans (and I'm one of them I've started listening to them in Fall 99 with Muscle Museum as single) "mainstream".

I don't get what haters want exactly, you want Citizen Erased on each album ? Don't think the band itself would enjoy cloning the same track and lyrics forever.

Some do though, but not Muse.

I see this NSC track as some gift, a present I was not expecting and I'm ready to enjoy it like it is : some fun track with some good riffage, sick bass line and epic drum work like the ones I've heard on tracks like Resistance on the album.

People should try to be see more positives in life nowadays instead of just looking for any single negative.

The album as a whole is pretty unconventional in the sense that it revives music that people really weren't looking to ever hear again after the 80s'. You have to give muse credit for that.

Well not really, bands can put whatever they want on their albums. The 80s cheese doesn't appeal to me so all it's made me do is go back to the 'try before you buy' phase with their albums and probably wait until a few setlists come through to decide whether or not to go see them live next tour. No big deal really. I was just clinging to the hope this song could be a hard-up rocker or something beautiful like Hoodoo, from the clips I don't think it will be. Oh well.

I present them as fact, this bothers you. Yes?

Who cares though, I don't really need to preface every post I make with a disclaimer, the idea that the following contains 'opinion' is kind of implied I thought.

Would this forum be the better for containing pages and pages of "squee"?

We can take this over PM if you'd like, as what I was about to post right now has no place in this thread. But whatever, be an arrogant prick if you find it to be useful.

On-topic:

The extended preview was pretty okay, can't say that the new song is going to suck, but it certainly won't be a personal favorite either.

Well to each his own.

I'm not a fan of Exo-G at all to be honest but I do admire the musical work behind it.

I don't see many "mainstream" bands doing that if you ask me since Muse is considered by many new "haters" or old die hard fans (and I'm one of them I've started listening to them in Fall 99 with Muscle Museum as single) "mainstream".

I don't get what haters want exactly, you want Citizen Erased on each album ? Don't think the band itself would enjoy cloning the same track and lyrics forever.

Some do though, but not Muse.

I see this NSC track as some gift, a present I was not expecting and I'm ready to enjoy it like it is : some fun track with some good riffage, sick bass line and epic drum work like the ones I've heard on tracks like Resistance on the album.

People should try to be see more positives in life nowadays instead of just looking for any single negative.

I don't get the connection between disliking Muse new direction and wanting them to copy themselves.

Just because I don't like where Muse are heading doesn't mean that I want them to write variations of OoS. And did you even read the responses to your previous post? Please name one thing in Exogenesis that Muse hasn't done before.

Well not really, bands can put whatever they want on their albums. The 80s cheese doesn't appeal to me so all it's made me do is go back to the 'try before you buy' phase with their albums and probably wait until a few setlists come through to decide whether or not to go see them live next tour. No big deal really. I was just clinging to the hope this song could be a hard-up rocker or something beautiful like Hoodoo, from the clips I don't think it will be. Oh well.

it comes down to this. a piece of shit is a piece of shit.

they can write jazz if they like. if its good jazz I will love it.

Archived