Not sure if it's controversial, but I think Bliss is Muse's best live song.

Bliss is very good live, but i think SS is still better, although it was 100 times awesome in 04. :happy: And I know I havent seen Dead Star live but I assume it is the best live song they play. :)

Not sure if it's controversial, but I think Bliss is Muse's best live song.

I wouldn't say that's particularly controversial, no. I'd say it's one of their best but there's definitely better imo, Hyper Music, Dead Star, Dark Shines, Stockholm, just to name a few.

How is Darkshines better live than Bliss?

I find the verses to Bliss to be a bit dull live and the chorus is surprisingly 'meh' to me. Dark Shines was great all round when I saw it, the chorus especially was beefy as fuck.

He likes Darkshines more than Bliss live.

:chuckle:

I was just asking why he found it better than Bliss live.

The way they've been playing Bliss since R/L is a bit disappointing imho. Seems generally weaker. Dark Shines is probably the beefiest song I've ever experienced in person.

You've also experienced Dead Star though... Are you sure?

I was just asking why he found it better than Bliss live.
Allow me to demonstrate the joke.

The Resistance

The 2nd Law

:stunned:

Could you explain your reasoning please?

He/she doesn't like that album.

Dead Star I thought was bigger and better at SBE than at the Emirates, paradoxically. Maybe it was the crowd as much as anything - they were good for DS at Emirates, but better at SBE given it was all die-hards.

Bliss was surprisingly strong at the Emirates but I agree it was better at Reading. My favourite of the Origin songs at Reading was Space Dementia which was absolutely awesome. Hyper Music, Micro Cuts and Darkshines were also good.

Knights of Cydonia is usually great fun live. That's becoming a controversial opinion so I'll run with that.

Bliss was actually awesome in my stadium gig. Also because everyone went nuts (not only because of that :phu:). Underwhelming in Pesaro though, despite the great crowd.

Bliss is one of those rare occasions where I think the TR tour was better than this tour.

Map as well, actually.

Bliss is very good live, but i think SS is still better, although it was 100 times awesome in 04. :happy: And I know I havent seen Dead Star live but I assume it is the best live song they play. :)

Yeah, I haven't seen DS but I think it might top Bliss, not sure though. But out of the songs I've seen my fave is definitely Bliss

The best performances I've ever seen of Map and Bliss were both at Wembley 2010. I thought Bliss was a little weak at Leeds (although the synth intro was pretty cool). Both were very good on the UK dates this tour. I was worried that if I ever saw Dead Star live it wouldn't be able to meet my expectations, but it was sublime when I heard it this on this tour, especially Coventry.

Edit: I guess it's sort of controversial seeing as it's not a particularly loved song, but Invincible at Wembley blew my mind.

Edited by cyborgninja117