Explorers may be a bit slow, but I feel like Matt puts a lot more energy into the vocals than he does on Hoodoo, Blackout or RBS.

To be fair, Take a Bow is growing on me a little more. I just didn't like it when I first heard it because the "burn in hell, burn in hell, burn in hell, burn in hell" got repetitive really fast.

wat, it's like 10-15 seconds two times in the song iirc, no worse than a chorus, and he even changes the vocal delivery in almost every single line.

wat, it's like 10-15 seconds two times in the song iirc, no worse than a chorus, and he even changes the vocal delivery in almost every single line.

But choruses don't just repeat one phrase over and over. And like I said, it doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I first heard it. No point in trying to argue with past me. (unless you have a time machine...)

But choruses don't just repeat one phrase over and over. And like I said, it doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I first heard it. No point in trying to argue with past me. (unless you have a time machine...)

Simon is the 15th doctor

But choruses don't just repeat one phrase over and over.
I think you'll find that quite a lot of choruses do.

Have you heard of a band called Queen? With hits such as Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You and I Want It All. Oh and Bicycle Race.

I think you'll find that quite a lot of choruses do.

Have you heard of a band called Queen? With hits such as Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You and I Want It All. Oh and Bicycle Race.

I was thinking more specifically of Muse choruses.

The studio version of Dark Shines is boring compared to the live versions.

I love Dark Shines, even the studio version, although Reading 2011 version was just whole new level eventhough Matt forgot 2nd verse, I think.

Fillip is an awesome song and would be so much fun live if they brought it back (20th anniversary gigs, go).

+1

Edited by shiroo

Why not? It's a straightforward song with a fairly catchy chorus. It's no different to something like Hysteria, TIRO or Starlight tbh.

It's definitely worse than TIRO and Hysteria, and I can't see it having a better crowd reaction (regardless of how famous the song itself is) than Starlight (which I strongly dislike anyway).

It's definitely worse than TIRO and Hysteria, and I can't see it having a better crowd reaction (regardless of how famous the song itself is) than Starlight (which I strongly dislike anyway).

Why is it "definitely" worse than those songs?

If they're being picky about the crowd at the 20th anniversary gigs then I don't see why it wouldn't get a decent reaction. Just the sheer novelty of seeing Fillip back after 12 or so years would be fun. Cancel out 3 songs that no one gives a shit about and bring Fillip back for a few gigs.

Why is it "definitely" worse than those songs?

If they're being picky about the crowd at the 20th anniversary gigs then I don't see why it wouldn't get a decent reaction. Just the sheer novelty of seeing Fillip back after 12 or so years would be fun. Cancel out 3 songs that no one gives a shit about and bring Fillip back for a few gigs.

Because I definitely think it's worse :p

Well yeah I'd rather see it than Starlight, just for the novelty. But they have many more songs that they could bring back for those shows that I'd rather see. Personal preference really.

Because I definitely think it's worse :p

Well yeah I'd rather see it than Starlight, just for the novelty. But they have many more songs that they could bring back for those shows that I'd rather see. Personal preference really.

But you are wrong.

I'd rather see other songs as well. But they did mention going way back in their discography, we just don't know how far "way back" is, or how many songs they're willing to bring back/replace in the set. I think Fillip would be a fun song to bring back out of the less popular Showbiz songs.

I'd love to see Showbiz, personally, because it would be an 8-year long dream come true. I think that's something they'd consider playing again. And I do believe that next year will probably be my only shot to see it, if it's ever going to happen at all.

But you are wrong.

I'd rather see other songs as well. But they did mention going way back in their discography, we just don't know how far "way back" is, or how many songs they're willing to bring back/replace in the set. I think Fillip would be a fun song to bring back out of the less popular Showbiz songs.

I'd love to see Showbiz, personally, because it would be an 8-year long dream come true. I think that's something they'd consider playing again. And I do believe that next year will probably be my only shot to see it, if it's ever going to happen at all.

Yeah Fillip would still be better than Sober and Overdue (and some b-sides from that era), no doubt.

And yeah definitely. I think there's a fair chance of them playing it. Imagine how huge it will be.

Fillip is an awesome song and would be so much fun live if they brought it back (20th anniversary gigs, go).

This.

I'd say in terms of most to least likely to show up

Sunburn

Unintended

Falling Down

Cave

Showbiz

Muscle Museum

Uno

Fillip

HTAILY

Sober