Hardest Muse songs on drums?

Zuka

I've found Assassin, Map of the Problematique (running hi hat is a pain), Resistance, United States of Eurasia, and Stockholme Syndrome to be quite challenging.

EDIT: Bass in TOADA is a pain to coordinate at first.

Oh yeah I forgot about SS! MOTP is fun!

For all you guys that say it's hard to keep the hi hat going during songs, it's not. If you have a good sense of rhythm, its easy. But who cares.

Hardest: Hard choice, it would probably be a b-side.

Funnest: Stockholm Syndrome (awesome tom part)

Map of the Problematique was the easiest song for me.

Hysteria was pretty easy.

Once you learn the tom part in Stockholm Syndrome, the song is sick.

I find it funny how Dom says New Born is his hardest song to play.

For all you guys that say it's hard to keep the hi hat going during songs, it's not. If you have a good sense of rhythm, its easy. But who cares.

I meant it's physically demanding. :stunned: If Map of the Problematique is easy, you're probably playing it wrong. It might not be the hardest or even difficult at all, but by no means is it easy.

Dead Star is a bitch if you haven't got endurance for the cramps you shall recieve. Glorious and Unnatural Selection are the same.

Oh, and to get Take A Bow 100% perfect takes a fair bit of skill. There's so many little subtle hits during the rolls that can be so hard to do :'(

For me, there is no ridiculously challenging Muse song to drum, a few just need a fair bit of practise to properly do :yesey:

I really don't know. I always though Hysteria was hard. I don't play drums though.

Hysteria's probably the first song I learnt on drums. It's not hard at all, but it is very fun. I must have played Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome and Hyper Music hundreds of times by now. All very fun songs.

:LOL: I love New Born!

I think I'm good at drums so i'm going to call you all shit

Keeping a pedal hat going can be very difficult, depending on the rhythm you're playing, and what instruments you're listening to.

I always thought the tom beat in SS sounded very hard, but i've not tried it.

I always thought the tom beat in SS sounded very hard, but i've not tried it.

It sounds a lot harder than it is, trust me. :p

assassin, definitely.

I don't really understand how people struggle on Assassin so much... As long as your foot is fast enough, it's actually relatively easy :shifty:

It sounds a lot harder than it is, trust me. :p

I don't really understand how people struggle on Assassin so much... As long as your foot is fast enough, it's actually relatively easy :shifty:

if your not being sarcastic about SS, i dont see how your calling assassin easy? SS is like dead simple drumming, assassin is controlled technique with a few syncopated fills and a dead fast triplet fill?

i don't play drums so maybe i can't judge. but after watching KROQ performance, i can say it was hard for Dom.

if your not being sarcastic about SS, i dont see how your calling assassin easy? SS is like dead simple drumming, assassin is controlled technique with a few syncopated fills and a dead fast triplet fill?

Oh, I was saying SS is really easy! :yesey:

Anyway, to both of you:

The Assassin comment was more about the song as a whole - yes, the fast triplet fill and the section before it is very hard, but the rest of the song is quite easy. I guess the difference with me was that I specifically practised that song for quite a while, so it's a bit easier for me due to habit of playing it. I take back my comment of saying it's 'relatively easy' though, it's definitely complicated, but a fair bit of practise and it's not as hard :yesey:

You could say that about anything though.

"get the funk out? Yeh that's a fucking easy guitar solo, anyone can play that behind their back... if you practice enough".

True...but I meant, a lot of people make it sound like it's the hardest thing they've ever heard :stunned:

I'm not saying anyone in this thread is an example, because no-one has made it that way, but a lot of people on this board seem to think that Dom is the best drummer everrrrrr and that Assassin is the hardest drumming song ever :wtf:

Archived