Hardest Muse songs on drums?

Zuka

Keeping a pedal hat going can be very difficult, depending on the rhythm you're playing, and what instruments you're listening to.

I always thought the tom beat in SS sounded very hard, but i've not tried it.

I'm not bragging or anything, I can show you an audio clip or something.

I'm not bragging or anything, I can show you an audio clip or something.

I'm not saying you're bragging. I haven't heard the song so I don't know the beat. If you are playing a very complex rythm using both hands and your right foot, it can be very difficult to pedal your left foot constantly, regardless of whether you have "natural rhythm" or not.

If you've been playing this sort of thing lots (lots of practice, or playing for years) then yeh, it will feel easy, but it wasn't easy to begin with.

If you're going to say "well when I was 5 I just sat down at the kit and started playing 16ths on the kick with the heel toe technique, in perfect synch with my double strokes on the snare and pedalling the hat. It's then that I realised I have natural rhythm", well, just, fine.

i wouldn't listen to all of there newer stuff, it'll ruin your fond memories of the band.

just go for a handful of tracks. You've heard all of Absolution right?

Blackholes pretty much just stick to Map of the Problematique and Assassin, the trouble is they sound a bit weak on the album... Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra are the highlights off the new one. The symphony is worth a listen too, although it'll probably reduce you to tears.

i wouldn't listen to all of there newer stuff, it'll ruin your fond memories of the band.

just go for a handful of tracks. You've heard all of Absolution right?

Blackholes pretty much just stick to Map of the Problematique and Assassin, the trouble is they sound a bit weak on the album... Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra are the highlights off the new one. The symphony is worth a listen too, although it'll probably reduce you to tears.

Well, I think you should let him listen and make up his own mind, but if he listens to your advice, Hoodoo, Take a Bow and Knights are also worth a listen on BH&R. And Prague (a new cover b-side) is an absolute gem, listen to it as soon as you can.

I've heard all of absolution, yeh. I think I even bought it. There's some pretty amazing production on there, but fuck me the songs are (in general) shit.

My biggest issue is that I used to listen to the B sides more than anything else, and I lost all them. I should probably find them, I bet they're all on muselive or something.

It toally lacks energy IMO. E.G Listen to SS, it starts off with so much energy, it feels like you've been picked up on a massive wave of riffing, travelling at near light speed, until you get to a stair case which is a bit of a bastard to climb (build up to chorus) and then at the top instead of more adrenaline there are some fucking butterflies and bluebirds. Yeh, it ends well, but I can't listen to the end!

I'm not sure of the song names, but I really like the last one, and I like the one that was on the Jap release. That's about all I can stand off absolution these days.

It toally lacks energy IMO. E.G Listen to SS, it starts off with so much energy, it feels like you've been picked up on a massive wave of riffing, travelling at near light speed, until you get to a stair case which is a bit of a bastard to climb (build up to chorus) and then at the top instead of more adrenaline there are some fucking butterflies and bluebirds. Yeh, it ends well, but I can't listen to the end!

I'm not sure of the song names, but I really like the last one, and I like the one that was on the Jap release. That's about all I can stand off absolution these days.

The piano one at the end that kicks off for the last minute? Ruled By Secrecy. And Fury is the Jap one. That one is great. I know what you mean about the pace changes in SS, I think it looks quite well though, but yeah something that kept that momentum going the whole way would be epic.

The piano one at the end that kicks off for the last minute? Ruled By Secrecy. And Fury is the Jap one. That one is great. I know what you mean about the pace changes in SS, I think it looks quite well though, but yeah something that kept that momentum going the whole way would be epic.

Oh, now i'm not so sure. I looked up the tracklisting and I think it was The Small Print - maybe that's just the "last one" to me 'cos it's the last one I can stand on the album! :LOL:

It's just an opinion obviously. I'm not saying Muse are objectively shit. I just wonder whether they ever realised what made their live shows so amazing - raw energy.

Oh, now i'm not so sure. I looked up the tracklisting and I think it was The Small Print - maybe that's just the "last one" to me 'cos it's the last one I can stand on the album! :LOL:

It's just an opinion obviously. I'm not saying Muse are objectively shit. I just wonder whether they ever realised what made their live shows so amazing - raw energy.

Yeah I know what you mean, it seems like every album they go further away from it. Cleaner, crisper sounding equipment and bright coloured disco screens... I liked it when it sounded really loud and rough and they relied more on playing there asses off more than what was on the screens behind them.

Oh well, still looking forward to seeing them at Glasto...

Archived