I just listened to the Zane Lowe interview, and just knowing that it wasn't written specifically for Twilight make me like it a little more. Yeah, I kinda like it. The lyrics make me giggle though (I love the music). I mean, how do you go from smashing things up to writing about snowflakes and love being forever???

haha

the complete opposite for MotP :D

" I want to be free / / / / / / "now i've got nothing left to lose

From desolation and despair / / / / / / you take your time to choose

And I feel like everything I sew / / / / / / i can tell you now without a trace of fear

Is being swept away / / / / / / that my love will be forever

When I refuse to let you go" / / / / / / and we'll die, we'll die together...

haha

the complete opposite for MotP :D

" I want to be free / / / / / / "now i've got nothing left to lose

From desolation and despair / / / / / / you take your time to choose

And I feel like everything I sew / / / / / / i can tell you now without a trace of fear

Is being swept away / / / / / / that my love will be forever

When I refuse to let you go" / / / / / / and we'll die, we'll die together...

sarcasm? :stunned: reading the lyrics to both songs is actually a bit eye opening :LOL: muse lyrics were always bad!

Hey, so If they DO play NSC at our gig, can we somehow organize all GA'ers to bring some type of cheese to chuck onstage? I'm thinking the mini baybel wheels... as soon as matt starts, "OUR LOOOVE-!!"

Ooooh. creepy and snap. I said the same thing on the NSC thread. But I suspect we'd get chucked out.

I'm thinking inflatables . . . stay with me people. Sneak them in our bags, blow them up while we're bored with nothing to do then boink them around in the air when they play it inevitably.

And on the setlist thing, I'm still hoping that we get to vote on songs for the setlist like the Euro summer dates.

ohh snap,

thats so hard to say...

i like a lot the invincible lyrics, the part that says "and whatever they say, your soul is unbreakable" makes me feel really good.

but citizen erased is one of my very very very favorite lyrics...

what about you?

ohh snap,

thats so hard to say...

i like a lot the invincible lyrics, the part that says "and whatever they say, your soul is unbreakable" makes me feel really good.

but citizen erased is one of my very very very favorite lyrics...

what about you?

I'm gonna pick this:

Come to be

How did it come to be?

Tied to a railroad

No love to set us free

Watch our souls fade away

And our bodies crumbling

Don't be afraid

I will take the blow for you

But as soon as I started to type, Sing for Absolution, Hysteria, Glorious, and Citizens Erased all flashed in front of my eyes.

I love the lyrics to MotP. They are very good.

My absolute favorite song, ever. I think I love this song more than I've ever loved anything, including people. :LOL:

As for pure lyrics, I also really like Glorious, Micro Cuts (talk about weird), and Sunburn... and many more of course, but those pop in my mind.

What Muse song has your favorite lyric? I can't even begin to answer this question, but I'm thinking about it...........

I really like "I'll love whatever you become" in Falling Away With You. Of course, I also like "I'll take back all the things that I said/I didn't realize I was talking to the living dead" from Escape, so clearly I have some very mixed emotions going on ... :erm:

My favorite full set of lyrics is Unintended ... as a whole they are a very simply-put but genuine sentiment.

I don't think Muse's lyrics are bad at all. They're one of the reasons I like the band so much. I'm not a songwriter or poet, but I am a prose writer so I think I have some position to judge.:happy:

I'm gonna pick this:

Come to be

How did it come to be?

Tied to a railroad

No love to set us free

And our bodies crumbling

Don't be afraid

But as soon as I started to type, Sing for Absolution, Hysteria, Glorious, and Citizens Erased all flashed in front of my eyes.

Oh, I also like "I have had recurring nightmares/I was loved for who I am/Missed the opportunity/to be a better man"

Oh, I also like "I have had recurring nightmares/I was loved for who I am/Missed the opportunity/to be a better man"

That's the part most people quote as the best part of Hoodoo, don't know why I've always liked that other part.

I really like in Hysteria:

It's holding me, morphing me

And forcing me to strive

To be endlessly cold within

And dreaming I'm alive

I'm gonna pick this:

Come to be

How did it come to be?

Tied to a railroad

No love to set us free

And our bodies crumbling

Don't be afraid

ohh ohh i love that part!

is my fav of the whole song too.. with capital on "Don't be afraid i will take the blow for you"

i think thats so sweet :rolleyes:

My absolute favorite song, ever. I think I love this song more than I've ever loved anything, including people. :LOL:

As for pure lyrics, I also really like Glorious, Micro Cuts (talk about weird), and Sunburn... and many more of course, but those pop in my mind.

MotP is on my top 3 of songs, is the song i know i will always listen, the one i have to put in my car at least 10 times on long trips.. or when im writing,

i bealive that song is just epic.

for a very long time sing for absolution has been my favorite song, but a really long time...

it used to make me feel so sad...

"Lips are turning blue

A kiss that can't renew

I only dream of you

My beautiful" that part used to make me cry a lot 2 months after i came to study abroad... that's what happens when you miss someone too much :supersad:

damn Muse :( hahah

That's the part most people quote as the best part of Hoodoo, don't know why I've always liked that other part.

I really like in Hysteria:

It's holding me, morphing me

And forcing me to strive

To be endlessly cold within

And dreaming I'm alive

Now I feel uncreative.:(

Love that bit of Hysteria too.:)

i love the

"First there was the one who challenged

All my dreams and all my balance

She could never be as good as you" :rolleyes: aww matt :awesome:

Me too. I think everybody has that person, too. I've got a couple of them, heh ... but have not found my unintended choice yet ... :( Uh oh, now I'm getting cheesy .... :rolleyes:

Me too. I think everybody has that person, too. I've got a couple of them, heh ... but have not found my unintended choice yet ... :( Uh oh, now I'm getting cheesy .... :rolleyes:

yeah...

awww i feel something in my heart when i think of that uhhmm.. :(

as you said before, that lyric is so simple, but so deep you know...

there's hundreds of songs, super complicated song, that try to say the same...

but here is Matt, Muse, :rolleyes:

so simple this time... so true...

i have to stop...

we are starting the cheesy thread , lol

i sympathize with the folks who had their cancelled shows and whatnot but zomg i just realized something.....

.... dude, we're now the last show on the entire tour :eek: This could bode very well for us, my friends, very well.....

i sympathize with the folks who had their cancelled shows and whatnot but zomg i just realized something.....

.... dude, we're now the last show on the entire tour :eek: This could bode very well for us, my friends, very well.....

i havent think about it :stunned:

but

yeah,

it could be great...

awww i need my ticket now!

damn concertmaps! :mad:

Now I feel uncreative.:(

Love that bit of Hysteria too.:)

I didn't mean to make you feel uncreative. Maybe you just have good taste and everyone follows suit. :yesey:

i love the

"First there was the one who challenged

All my dreams and all my balance

She could never be as good as you" :rolleyes: aww matt :awesome:

Unintended (*sigh*). One time I listened to it for a week straight. :happy:

OMG! Maybe we will get a special treasure in the setlist!

Also, I love how we can discuss these topics without it being the entire board joining in :rolleyes: haha!

:yesey: And we aren't getting into trouble for being off topic either! :awesome:

indeed ;)

is like our little secret society :awesome:

i wish we could choose our setlist too... :awesome: i need some CE, Hoodoo, SfA, MM :rolleyes:

SfA :dance: My favorite SfA lyric is the last line:

Our wrongs

Remain unrectified

And our souls

Won't be exhumed

That one just gets me.

Now that I think about it I really want Unintended!

Unintended (*sigh*). One time I listened to it for a week straight. :happy:

LOL, I've been listening to it about six times daily for the past oh, two years.:happy: It's a little sad because I don't have anyone for it to be about anymore, BUT at the same time, it's subtly encouraging ... it gives me hope at the worst times and the best. Oh man, I soooo hope they play it at one of the shows I go to. I would probably start crying.:LOL:

Archived