guiding light was f-ing atrocious in LA.

i'm thinking that bliss will be in order. f-ing NSC might be on the docket (which wasn't horrific in LA, tbh). i saw both of those and RBS in LA, but since RBS is essentially my favorite song, i will be hoping for a back-to-back situation given tonight's setlist...

after finally hearing NSC live, i am of the opinion that it is more entertaining the average pit-goer than GL. this may initially seem counter-intuitive...but that's just been my experience.

as for RBS, sadly, the general american response has been: WTF is this? (in conjunction with me and a few other musers who know what the hell is being played). this works against its inclusion in any american setlist. bizarrely, bliss has fallen into that same category.

and i'm now wondering if CE will ever be played again in the states...

after finally hearing NSC live, i am of the opinion that it is more entertaining the average pit-goer than GL. this may initially seem counter-intuitive...but that's just been my experience.

as for RBS, sadly, the general american response has been: WTF is this? (in conjunction with me and a few other musers who know what the hell is being played). this works against its inclusion in any american setlist. bizarrely, bliss has fallen into that same category.

Weeeeeeell... :awesome:

yeah i know. i feel like i'm in the twilight zone wwhen those songs are played. here i am thinking OMFG this is AMAZING! and the people around me and just like "meh... time to conversate"

bitches :noey:

Weeeeeeell... :awesome:

that's kinda got me thinking: k. relatively short / crap setlist this evening. a day's rest. full-on gig in a state in which they've virtually never played...followed by what is sure to be a truncated setlist in austin.

and make no mistake, teh 7 sting manson IS present on this tour, as i saw it with my own eyes about a week ago...............................

ok.... honestly....

(my hopes are raising here...)

in a state they're really never played in before... do you think they're gonna bring it hardcore ("hardcore" for a state-side show) or do you think they'll do a repeat of tonights gig and bring it harder for ACL since that'll definitely be a larger audience with the potential to hook new fans?

i suspect that ACL will have a setlist of about 15 songs -- max. at that gig, they will not have the towers; in other words, the stage crew responsible for the stage set-up will either 1.) not be rushed to get the hell out of OKC immediately OR 2.) there will be a designated "ACL" stage crew has very little to do in order to erect the LED hexagon backdrop.

coupling those things with the fact that all the band has to do is get in a tour bus and sleep for a 6.5 hour drive...and the fact that oklahoma is somewhat uncharted territory...

...they might pull some randomness out of their catalogue hat. ...or at least i hope...

I'm leaving school early tomorrow. Anyone who can find me is welcome to hang out with me and my brood. I'll have four teens ranging from 14 to 17 1/2 and my best friend, who will likely bail early as she just had a baby three weeks ago.

I'm being good and haven't checked on set lists, but RbS wouldn't be bad. I wonder if they won't throw in the Execution Commentary? CE would be lovely, but I won't hold my breath. To everyone who's traveling, be safe! See you at the show!

Ultimately it boils down to the band and whether they allow cameras or not.

Unfortunately security doesn't always get the memo and I am sure are trained as part of their job to stop camera use for majority of concerts.

I saw a video recorded at Wembley with a Canon 5D MKii. That is a big SLR that got in somehow.

Usually if they let cameras in, they can't have interchangeable lenses. I've thought about sneaking mine in, but since I'm waiting in line all day, I don't want to risk getting caught and having to go put it in my car and lose my spot in line.

I saw a concert there last year and I was able to sneak in my camera. If you're a girl, just pack a load of random, girly products on top and they won't dig. That's what I do and they don't even bother, especially the men security guards.

I saw a concert there last year and I was able to sneak in my camera. If you're a girl, just pack a load of random, girly products on top and they won't dig. That's what I do and they don't even bother, especially the men security guards.

Lol thats exactly what I planned on doing. Luckily the coin part on my wallet is big enough to hold my camera and ill just throw some makeup and such in my purse:)

Archived