Youtube Muse Copyright Issue

missionignition

Hi Muse,

5 days ago I made a youtube video using the Muse song "Resistance" about an activist "Rachel Corrie" who was killed by an israeli defense bulldozer whilst she tried to stop them from destroying an innocent persons home in Gaza. The video was also showing the plight of the down trodden Palestinian people in their occupied homeland.

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/missionignition#p/u/0/0W2rcnCJ7zk

I chose the Muse song for two reasons.

1. i love Muse

2. the "Resistance" song was perfect for it !!

I gave all copyright credit to the song to Muse and even put a link to the Muse website.

Now i have the following message

"This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

I don't get it!! There are million+ youtube videos that use Muse songs and yet they are not being blocked. Why???

What different is my video???

I thought Muse stood for something. Anti-establishment, activism, anti-NWO etc etc. So why block my video. I wasn't doing anything different than all the other Muse fans who use Muse songs on youtube.

Please Muse, if you are reading this, please tell me why my youtube video is blocked.

If someone reading this knows how to get this message to any of the Muse band members please do so.

Thanks

R.

1. This has nothing to do with the band, you need to contact WMG to get it sorted out.

2. Your video was removed because it infringed their copy right, you can't repeal it.

3. Other videos are still on youtube with copyrighted music but that's because either youtube moderators haven't noticed it yet or they edited the music (ie made the song play 2% slower)

Thanks for the tip,

So what you are saying is. no matter which way you slice it and deflect the issue onto WMG basically MUSE are just another proxy puppet for the established world order with no real voice of their own. Their ring masters, who own their souls are WMG who tell them what to do and how to do it.

Everything they espouse, write and sing about is purely a gimmick, a fake with no real intention just empty words.

So much for uprising, resistance, city of delusion, exopolitics, the small print, ruled by secrecy etc. Just empty words, to fill up the coffers.

Disappointed Muse fan.

Lol great response! :LOL:

I'm sick of people going on about how Muse go against "what they stand for" etc etc because they can't do get what they want from them. Even when it's the record label who is in charge of copyright :rolleyes:

Oh, and @ the op; if you want to know what Muse stand for - Matt is heavily against piracy and whatnot, so clearly he doesn't want people using his music for free.

I'm sick of people going on about how Muse go against "what they stand for" etc etc because they can't do get what they want from them. Even when it's the record label who is in charge of copyright :rolleyes:

Oh, and @ the op; if you want to know what Muse stand for - Matt is heavily against piracy and whatnot, so clearly he doesn't want people using his music for free.

I wouldn't say heavily against piracy.. he's stated in several interviews that he had no problem with people downloading their music illegally. He actually encouraged it since it helped spread their music.

I did not pirate anything. I have purchased Muse CD's and a DVD since I have been following them since 2001.

I am not asking Muse to give away their music for free.

All, I did was make a political protest video and chose to use "Resistance" as the track and put it up on youtube.

I gave all credit and copyright references to Muse and even linked to this website.

The video was yanked with WMG copyright blurp.

For me as a Muse fan this is disappointing because one of the reasons i loved Muse was their lyrics which to me stood for something against the established world order and totalitarian society we live in. I didn't realise that they also had sold their souls to the very same system which they write and sing against.

Whether you think this is pretentious or not, that is your opinion. I am not a groupie and i don't blindly follow bands because they simply are popular or the next coolest shit around or flavour of the month.

For me as am sure millions of others, Muse stood for something and they reflected that in their music, lyrics and behavior. Except now in they have sold their souls and are just proxy puppets to WMG. Hell!! even Prince and George Michael stood up against their handlers and bucked the system because they felt they were being raped and soul-less. Prince stopped recording and refused to use the name "Prince" so he would not promote sales of albums as his handlers only profited. George stopped recording and took Sony to court.

As i wrote, Muse have sold their souls and simply have now become proxy puppets of WMG and everything they once stood for, sung and wrote about is just empty hollow words cashing in on their cult following.

I did not pirate anything. I have purchased Muse CD's and a DVD since I have been following them since 2001.

I am not asking Muse to give away their music for free.

All, I did was make a political protest video and chose to use "Resistance" as the track and put it up on youtube.

I gave all credit and copyright references to Muse and even linked to this website.

The video was yanked with WMG copyright blurp.

For me as a Muse fan this is disappointing because one of the reasons i loved Muse was their lyrics which to me stood for something against the established world order and totalitarian society we live in. I didn't realise that they also had sold their souls to the very same system which they write and sing against.

Whether you think this is pretentious or not, that is your opinion. I am not a groupie and i don't blindly follow bands because they simply are popular or the next coolest shit around or flavour of the month.

For me as am sure millions of others, Muse stood for something and they reflected that in their music, lyrics and behavior. Except now in they have sold their souls and are just proxy puppets to WMG. Hell!! even Prince and George Michael stood up against their handlers and bucked the system because they felt they were being raped and soul-less. Prince stopped recording and refused to use the name "Prince" so he would not promote sales of albums as his handlers only profited. George stopped recording and took Sony to court.

As i wrote, Muse have sold their souls and simply have now become proxy puppets of WMG and everything they once stood for, sung and wrote about is just empty hollow words cashing in on their cult following.

Get over it. This would happen with any artist, Muse are no exception.

I am over Muse.

Perhaps their next album will be more reflective and truthful as to what they stand for and won't be about "Uprising" or "resistance" but will have tracks titled such as "Bend over and take up the back end". or "Sell your souls tot he System" or "We are Puppets".

I've said this before and I'll say it many times again, no doubt...

Muse don't write this stuff because it's what they believe in...Bellamy writes what he does because he finds the kind of people who do believe in this stuff fascinating. Do you really think that when Absolution was written that he truly believed that the end of the world was coming? Muse's songs are stories, nothing more. Bits of entertainment. Coincidentally, it's only AFTER Muse signed for Warner that they began writing the music they are currently making.

And just because you've bought the records doesn't give you the right to upload it to be freely available in a video format. There are copyright laws for a reason, and one of those is to stop unapproved distribution of music.

If you have a complaint, feel free to address it to Warner Media Group, who own the distribution rights to all of Muse's back catalogue.

I am over Muse.

Perhaps their next album will be more reflective and truthful as to what they stand for and won't be about "Uprising" or "resistance" but will have tracks titled such as "Bend over and take up the back end". or "Sell your souls tot he System" or "We are Puppets".

Good, one less crazy fan to ruin it for the rest of us. :happy:

"bits of entertainment"

Well they certainly had me fooled for the last 8 yrs. Shame on me for believing what i thought.

I am certain i read an interview where Bellamy read books such as "Ruled by Secrecy" by Jim Marrs. Perhaps he was reading this massive book just get a few lyrics and entertainment.

Anyway shame on for being fooled by Muse.

like i said - i am not band groupie idol worshipper following bands/idols going "yeh yeh" and screaming and hanging up posters on my bedroom walls.

i love Muse music and more so what they sing about. Just because i don't belong to this forum doesn't mean i am not a fan or that i don't listen to their music.

i joined the forum a few days ago because of the WMG incident i wrote about because it was disturbing to me only to learn that Muse don't believe a word they sing and write about and they are simply building up a following of people based on false pretense.

Tell me : why do you like Muse?? Why are you a fan of Muse?

like i said - i am not band groupie idol worshipper following bands/idols going "yeh yeh" and screaming and hanging up posters on my bedroom walls.

i love Muse music and more so what they sing about. Just because i don't belong to this forum doesn't mean i am not a fan or that i don't listen to their music.

i joined the forum a few days ago because of the WMG incident i wrote about because it was disturbing to me only to learn that Muse don't believe a word they sing and write about and they are simply building up a following of people based on false pretense.

Tell me : why do you like Muse?? Why are you a fan of Muse?

I am a fan of Muse because they are capable of making kick-arse rock songs.

I've said this before and I'll say it many times again, no doubt...

Muse don't write this stuff because it's what they believe in...Bellamy writes what he does because he finds the kind of people who do believe in this stuff fascinating. .

strange for a band who only writes for amusement and their songs and lyrics are not intended to have any relevance or meaning what so ever to have urls/links on their website that link to world renowned websites which do believe in that our world and society is heading down the gurgler of totalitarianism.

Have you bothered to check out some the websites that Muse link to on their website.

http://muse.mu/other-links/

I assure you these websites aren't about "how to write good rock songs".

strange for a band who only writes for amusement and their songs and lyrics are not intended to have any relevance or meaning what so ever to have urls/links on their website that link to world renowned websites which do believe in that our world and society is heading down the gurgler of totalitarianism.

Have you bothered to check out some the websites that Muse link to on their website.

http://muse.mu/other-links/

I assure you these websites aren't about "how to write good rock songs".

And I assure you that I don't care :)

Archived