And to me, for all intents and purposes this show was canceled as opposed to "postponed." The Pepsi Center date was going to be in addition to the 1stbank show so we would have actually had 2 shows this year.

Do we know that for certain? :unsure: I know a lot of people are assuming that, and it seems likely, but does anyone know for sure that the Oct show would have been booked anyway?

Do we know that for certain? :unsure: I know a lot of people are assuming that, and it seems likely, but does anyone know for sure that the Oct show would have been booked anyway?

Seems rather odd they were able to whip out a new date immediately. I'm pretty sure if that show wasn't already penciled in, we wouldn't have gotten a make up date so soon.

As far as the exchanges, who knows. Every venue / management company seems to be different. I went to see the Killers at Red Rocks a few years ago and they had to cancel the show after the first song, but tickets we already had in hand were good for their make up show later in the year. It was at Red Rocks again, so the logistic were probably not as difficult as moving from a 6k person venue to a 16+K person venue.

I cannot for the life of me think why the tour manager would route them on I-70 when the forecasts had been calling for bad weather for days prior. There is a much safer and easier way to get from SLC to Denver and it doesn't include going over any mountain passes.
OMG I'm really sorry but this made me LOL in real life!

THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT HAPPENED:

[spoiler=LotR]SARUMAN: So Gandalf tour manager, you try to lead them over Caradhras Vail. And if that fails, where then will you go ?

The Fellowship Da Myooze struggle around the side of the mountain, through deep snow, strong winds and heavy snowfall.

[sARUMAN VOICEOVER: If the mountain defeats you, will you risk a more dangerous road?

As the Fellowship Da Myooze struggle on, the hobbits tiny Maffoo being carried by Aragorn and Boromir Morgan and Chris who are thigh deep in the snow, Legolas Dom lightly walks across the snow past them to the head of the line. He listens as he hears echos on the wind.

SARUMAN: Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse; nai yarvaxea rasselya! (Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your horn be bloodstained!)

LEGOLAS DOM: There is a fell voice on the air!

GANDALF TOUR MANAGER: It's Saruman!

A mighty crack is heard overhead, and great chunks of rock fall down from the mountain top, narrowly missing them.

ARAGORN CAPTAIN KIRK: He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf Tour manager! We must turn back!

GANDALF TOUR MANAGER: No! (he steps out to the edge of the path) Losto Caradhras Vail, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith! (Sleep, Caradhras Vail, be still, lie still, hold your wrath!)

SARUMAN: Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse; Nai yarvaxea rasselya; taltuva notto-carinnar! (Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your bloodstained horn fall upon enemy heads!)

A great streak of lightning hits the top of the mountain above the Fellowship Da Myooze and an avalanche of snow rains down on top of them, burying them underneath it. Moments later Legolas Dom emerges from the snow. He looks around to see the others emerge.

BOROMIR CHRIS: We must get off the mountain! Make for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!

ARAGORN CAPTAIN KIRK: The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard Wyoming!

GIMLI MORGAN: If we cannot pass over the mountain, let us go under it! Let us go through the Mines of Moria.

Gandalf Tour manager pauses, thinking.

SARUMAN VOICEOVER: Moria... you fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greadily and too deep, you know what they woke in the dark of Khazad-dûm... Shadow, flame...

GANDALF TOUR MANAGER: Let the Ringbearer guitarbearer decide.

Frodo Maffoo looks confused.

BOROMIR CHRIS: We cannot stay here! This will be the death of the hobbits our Denverite fans!

GANDALF TOUR MANAGER: Frodo Maffoo?

FRODO MAFFOO: (hesitating) We will go through the Mines.

GANDALF TOUR MANAGER: So be it.

:facepalm:

So... The boys are currently struggling through the Mines of Moria, battling orcs and trolls, while being hunted down by an evil Balrog...

So... The boys are currently struggling through the Mines of Moria, battling orcs and trolls, while being hunted down by an evil Balrog...

Lol. Actually, they are probably in Vegas by now at a poker table. :(

[spoiler=LotR]SARUMAN: So Gandalf tour manager, you try to lead them over Caradhras Vail. And if that fails, where then will you go ?

The Fellowship Da Myooze struggle around the side of the mountain, through deep snow, strong winds and heavy snowfall.

[sARUMAN VOICEOVER: If the mountain defeats you, will you risk a more dangerous road?

As the Fellowship Da Myooze struggle on, the hobbits tiny Maffoo being carried by Aragorn and Boromir Morgan and Chris who are thigh deep in the snow, Legolas Dom lightly walks across the snow past them to the head of the line. He listens as he hears echos on the wind.

SARUMAN: Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse; nai yarvaxea rasselya! (Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your horn be bloodstained!)

A mighty crack is heard overhead, and great chunks of rock fall down from the mountain top, narrowly missing them.

ARAGORN CAPTAIN KIRK: He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf Tour manager! We must turn back!

GANDALF TOUR MANAGER: No! (he steps out to the edge of the path) Losto Caradhras Vail, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith! (Sleep, Caradhras Vail, be still, lie still, hold your wrath!)

SARUMAN: Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse; Nai yarvaxea rasselya; taltuva notto-carinnar! (Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your bloodstained horn fall upon enemy heads!)

A great streak of lightning hits the top of the mountain above the Fellowship Da Myooze and an avalanche of snow rains down on top of them, burying them underneath it. Moments later Legolas Dom emerges from the snow. He looks around to see the others emerge.

BOROMIR CHRIS: We must get off the mountain! Make for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!

GIMLI MORGAN: If we cannot pass over the mountain, let us go under it! Let us go through the Mines of Moria.

SARUMAN VOICEOVER: Moria... you fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greadily and too deep, you know what they woke in the dark of Khazad-dûm... Shadow, flame...

BOROMIR CHRIS: We cannot stay here! This will be the death of the hobbits our Denverite fans!

I think you're on to something :shifty:

I am not 100% positive the Oct show was already booked but I do know the Pepsi Center is not a venue you just can just schedule on the fly, especially a show the size of the Muse's. The Oct show was probably only penciled in until their mgmt determined last night's show was not going to happen, then suddenly it had to became much more concrete so as not to let down the fans too much.

Of course, this is all just mho.

Oh you didn't just cast Chris as Boromir? No. No Wai. Except that if he hadn't moved to tinmuff he would actually sound a lot like Sean Bean now... :eek: What a thought!

(and where's Samwise? Anyone touches FrodoMaffoo and Sam'll have 'em...)

For those saying the Pepsi Center sucks for concerts... so does Madison Square Garden, but Muse brought their own sound setup and it sounded 100 times better than the 2007 MSG concert. So hopefully for you guys they keep the same sound setup in the tour later in the year... although I cannot honestly see them bringing the awesome stage setup again for the second go around.

For those saying the Pepsi Center sucks for concerts... so does Madison Square Garden, but Muse brought their own sound setup and it sounded 100 times better than the 2007 MSG concert. So hopefully for you guys they keep the same sound setup in the tour later in the year... although I cannot honestly see them bringing the awesome stage setup again for the second go around.

Unless it wears out, why not? Was probably pretty expensive, they're getting their money's worth, no?

I was starting to feel a little better until the opinion that they were gonna come back in October anyway was brought up. That would explain how they got the Pepsi Center so fast... and then I was upset again.

Me and those bitches Karma and Mother Nature better be even after this one.

I'm not sure I should be getting my hopes up for a special concert in October. I know they said they would make it up to us, which is nice of them and shows they care. But "we'll make up for it" is very vague. It could mean they'll make up for it by rescheduling the concert, which they already have. Although maybe they haven't even done that. Like some people have said, a show at the Pepsi Center seems like it would take longer than an hour or two to schedule.

I'm still really looking forward to October. Hearing Muse live for the first time will be amazing no matter where or when.

:LOL: Thanks for that! Everything makes sense now. I knew there was a reason they were in Vail (besides Dom wanting a day off to snowboard).

Well, I just got back from the disappointing drive from Denver back to Omaha, NE. I'm so very sad. I lost 2 days of pay from work and drove 8 hours for this concert. To put a little more burn on this, I'll be moving to Florida next month, so if I come back for the concert, I will have to buy a plane ticket for it.

The thing that worries me is I bought my ticket through a ticket broker, got a great seat in the stands, just off to the left hand side only 8 rows back. I certainly hope I get the same section in the Pepsi theater. I contacted my broker but they dont have any info yet either.

I picked that exact seat for a reason and paid a premium for it :( One's idea of an "upgrade" might not be the same for me, ya know?

Has anyone who got their tickets through the concertmaps pre-sale heard from them about the ticket exchange for the new show? I got an email on Tuesday that said they would send another email regarding details.

Hey guys,

I'm planning on attending this gig in October. I hear this venue is a lot bigger then the one they were supposed to play at, so I assume they'll be releasing extra tickets in addition to the ones people are trading in tickets for. Any word on when these extra tickets would go on sale, or do you think they'd just go on sale/or be announced on to go on sale when the rest of the fall US tour dates are available?

Getting nervous about the ticket news. Do you think there will be any difference in notifications based on whether you got a regular ticket or the pre-sales?

I'm wondering the same thing and seeing as I haven't heard anything from concertmaps since 4/6 and information on ticket sites is supposed to be released tomorrow... I'm guessing no.:(

Archived