Go away Rose!

humanseverywhere

Hey all,

I got this on my email:

Hello

My name is miss Rose. i saw your profile today at ( muse.mu ) and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address( rosedan22@yahoo.com ) i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

Please rpely me with my email address here

( rosedan22@yahoo.com )

I would really like to know her, but no. :)

I wasn't sure where to post this so mods feel free to move this if this isn't the right place.

I've just received an email from a “Rose Daniel” that I thought I’d share as it seemed a little odd. She claims to have seen my profile here.

Just wanted to share to see if anyone else has had this email or knows what it’s about.

Hello

My name is miss Rose. i saw your profile today at ( muse.mu ) and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address( rosedan22@yahoo.com ) i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

( rosedan22@yahoo.com )

hmm i see, i assume as muz of bliz got it too and doesn't have the send email option they got it your addresses from the msn link? did it both come to your msn email addresses?

Hmm no, it came to my gmail address, and I think I have removed my email addresses from my profile a while ago.

Can you find any gmail accounts for me stored on the server?

Hmm no, it came to my gmail address, and I think I have removed my email addresses from my profile a while ago.

Can you find any gmail accounts for me stored on the server?

your account isn't linked to any gmail accounts on the board :-/ how was it on your profile before? and how long ago? i think only msn displays the email address publicly

Just got the same.

Hello my good friend.

( rosedan22@yahoo.com )

As far as I know my email doesn't show on here, though it used to.

Hello

( rosedan22@yahoo.com )

That's really weird, cause I got that exact message from someone named Lillian, but it was on a different board. :\

Aye I got this one too kev, and I don't think I'd ever publicised the email addy on the board profile or otherwise. So do I have spamware/virus on this machine or what? Hmm

Best check. It may well be utter coincidence, but I just did a full scan just in case and found my first Trojan Horse in ages.

EDIT: Oh, and I've never purchased anything from the muse.mu shop either.

Archived