I found the failure of the mahoosive light show interesting in that, for me, it meant I had to focus on the music, there being not much else to do as the projections, although a valiant effort to make the job a good 'un, were simply not up to it.

This felt very different from the gigs last year. Although I loved the towers and the beautiful drowning man/squiggly lights/starbursts and so on, I keep hankering for more shows like RAH, where it was them and a few lights at the back of the stage and... the music.

So, the music. The only downer for me last night was the setlist, which I enjoyed overall, could/should have been better. I almost got my hopes up that FG wouldn't be played as, from where we were standing, we couldn't see the megaphone... sneaky Matt has stashed it at his feet or something :(

Take A Box was great, IBTY was fun, the New Born geetar intro was fabulouly sharp and chuggy, but Neutron Cheese Implosion and FG and Undisclosed Desires and Guiding light was a bit much. My tuppence worth on the Great Bliss and CE Debacle of 2010 is that they should have stuck Endlessly in there to give everyone a pleasant breather :happy:

I found the failure of the mahoosive light show interesting in that, for me, it meant I had to focus on the music, there being not much else to do as the projections, although a valiant effort to make the job a good 'un, were simply not up to it.

How exactly did the light show fail?

How exactly did the light show fail?

It looked as though many of the screens failed and that, a few songs in, they switched them off altogether for much of the rest of the gig, using projections from the pitch lighting towers instead.

Starlight, for example - these are projections from the towers rather than lights from the screens themselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhZFDkcVEZU

Not a huge fan of it recorded but it was quite nice live. Though needs to be between something dramatic and something beautiful. Space Dementia and Sunburn were excellent choices.

Sunburn will always be the best piano song written by matt or anybody else, replacing FG with sunburn wouldn't go a miss:rolleyes:

posting from my rubbish phone. absolutely loved every second of the gig! why do people think matt was ill? he was on fine form and very clearly having a great time, lots of grinning and laughing from all three actually. no idea why nothing from the poll was played but everything they did play was done so with great gusto, it was a fantastic performance and they sounded immense. can't wait for the paris gigs next week.

Sunburn will always be the best piano song written by matt or anybody else' date=' replacing FG with sunburn wouldn't go a miss:rolleyes:[/quote']

The following piano songs are better than Feeling Good, and actually written by Matthew himself (isn't he clever?):

Space Dementia

Ruled By Secrecy

Sunburn

Hoodoo

Cave (piano version obvs)

Apocalypse Please

Screenager

Megalomania (can be done on a keyboard)

USoE

I Belong To You

Cross-Pollination

Redemption (wow the last 3 are new and still played less than FG)

Piano Thing

The Gallery

Archived