I think she meant 'what's GA like at a gig in Australia?'

I do know that ribs can be broken on the barrier at festivals like BDO...

Yeah that's what I meant, but thanks Evelyn:chuckle:

yeah I have heard a few stories like that, but is BDO usually more wild than gigs anyway?:erm: I haven't been to either but I have heard some BDO stories and it sounds crazy.

:D excellent!!

I'm telling you, there's is nothing like GA, and because you're small and a girl, people will definitely help you and make sure you're okay.

yes, and I will ignore my neck that bothers sometimes. It will be worth it. Now heres hoping for Florida dates; I don't get why the boys are skippi:eek:ng you

hi. i just got GA tickets for the show in raleigh. i had a really hard time deciding on GA or seats since i'm bringing my 12 year old son. i'm a bit worried about him being smaller/shorter than everyone :$ please tell me that he won't get trampled and killed!?!?

it's going to be a surprise for his 12th birthday which is in October so i though GA would be nice...plus, mama loves Muse :p

hi. i just got GA tickets for the show in raleigh. i had a really hard time deciding on GA or seats since i'm bringing my 12 year old son. i'm a bit worried about him being smaller/shorter than everyone :$ please tell me that he won't get trampled and killed!?!?

it's going to be a surprise for his 12th birthday which is in October so i though GA would be nice...plus, mama loves Muse :p

There were a mum in Vegas with her 12 year old son at the barrier (it was his 1st muse gig) he was a skinny little thing but he had the time of his life. So I wouldn't worry if I were you.

I took my eldest to his first concert at age 11. The roughest part was the "mosh" for t-shirts. So after that he decided we would stay at the back of the crowd. I wasn't complaining there was no way I was going to stand for 12 hours of concert - so at the back we were able to sit between acts.

My advice - US crowds for Muse aren't as surging as European crowds so if you want to queue all day and be in with a shout for barrier then you will probably be ok.

Make friends with security once you are there.

Are you taller/stronger than he is? If so you could always put him on barrier and then you go behind him to protect him.

Note that this stage is higher than average to accomodate the towers when they are lowered.

If neither of you like crowds stand back by the sound desk. Still see everything, still in GA and you will have the best "sound" for that arena. ;)

There were a mum in Vegas with her 12 year old son at the barrier (it was his 1st muse gig) he was a skinny little thing but he had the time of his life. So I wouldn't worry if I were you.
\

thanks for the reassurance :happy: i just don't want to worry over this for the next 6 months! i'm really excited and can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out (his bday is oct 7th). hope i can keep the secret until then :p

\

thanks for the reassurance :happy: i just don't want to worry over this for the next 6 months! i'm really excited and can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out (his bday is oct 7th). hope i can keep the secret until then :p

a 12 year old boy could be 6ft tall by October! :LOL:

I took my eldest to his first concert at age 11. The roughest part was the "mosh" for t-shirts. So after that he decided we would stay at the back of the crowd. I wasn't complaining there was no way I was going to stand for 12 hours of concert - so at the back we were able to sit between acts.

My advice - US crowds for Muse aren't as surging as European crowds so if you want to queue all day and be in with a shout for barrier then you will probably be ok.

Make friends with security once you are there.

Are you taller/stronger than he is? If so you could always put him on barrier and then you go behind him to protect him.

Note that this stage is higher than average to accomodate the towers when they are lowered.

If neither of you like crowds stand back by the sound desk. Still see everything, still in GA and you will have the best "sound" for that arena. ;)

thanks for these tips. i have no idea about "going for the barrier" or anything. do you mean getting him to the barrier and just standing behind him to protect him? this will be my first GA arena concert (my first big concert ever was U2/muse last october! but we were waaaaay up in the seats). i grew up going to hardcore/ska/punk concerts in basements, backyards, and small clubs :LOL:

a 12 year old boy could be 6ft tall by October! :LOL:

not a chance! he's turning 12 IN october and he's 1/2 japanese and 1/4 chinese. my son is also the oldest kid on his soccer team and the 2nd shortest! he may gain an inch or two between now and then, but he'll still be shorter than me :p

not a chance! he's turning 12 IN october and he's 1/2 japanese and 1/4 chinese. my son is also the oldest kid on his soccer team and the 2nd shortest! he may gain an inch or two between now and then, but he'll still be shorter than me :p

Wang Zhizhi is 7ft and from China! :p

Don't worry I know what you mean - I now understand why moms just put kids in shorts year round here! :LOL:

So a few people are saying the gigs in the US are fairly tame.. does anyone have an idea about the Australian gigs?

Australian crowds are pretty cool, although the gig I went to in 2007, we kind of managed to break the barrier :LOL: Although that wasn't strictly the crowd's fault, I have to point out. Idk, it was lively but everyone seemed ready to help people out if they needed it.

I've been to 7 MUSE gigs now, and I'm doing three more over this summer, and I could not imagine sitting down to songs like Knights of Cydonia, Plug in Baby and Stockholm Syndrome.

I will admit, it is nice to sit down for a spell during the opening to "Exogenesis: Symphony (Overture)". But...I think that's because I was standing from "We Are The Universe" => "Plug In Baby".