Guys, quick question:

when I look for tickets on Ticketmaster using the local presale password, on the selection screen (step 1 of the checkout process) I am told on which section the tickets are (like 302 or 304) but no row or seat numbers are given! Has this happened to anybody in this forum? If so, were the seat numbers assigned after the purchase was complete?

Thanks!

Hi. This happens occasionally for shows in Chicago. I think it's to scare off scalpers.

I remember buying tix to see Tom Waits in Chicago a few years back, & they didn't give me the row until AFTER the purchase was completed.

I'd say so, museums! Art Institute, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planetarium were favorite destinations for field trips when I was in school and I've probably forgotten some, not sure how fun the Brookfield Zoo would be in March though they have a lot of indoor exhibits..plenty of good bars and restaurants that I am not quite as up to date on since I moved away, and I recommended Pizzeria Due for deep dish pizza upthread

Although Pizzeria Due is a very good pizza...I recommend Gino's East (the original on Superior). Best pizza and great atmosphere. But to each their own....lots of good pizza options in Chicago!

damn are they all out of tickets cause no matter the combination i try (best avaible, any price etc) i get no matchs!

I did try a non GA just to see if i could get a better seat and at that point there was still something in 302, but that is not better than 103 so I let it go

long time lurker, first time poster. honestly i'm calling bull$#!t on this general ticket sale. i see a ton of shows in chicago where the tickets are in high demand, requiring me to be on ticketmaster's site as soon as they go on sale and i've never experienced anything like what happened to me today. i was in at the stroke of 10 and the best thing that came up for 2 tix was 300 level. tried putting in one ticket and it gave me 200 level. no way that's possible, unless the majority of the tickets sold through the pre-sale which, judging from a lot of peoples' reactions i've seen on this forum, probably wasn't the case.

something's fishy here, but i dunno what. thoughts??

When I just put in "best available" I'm getting hits, but only in the 300s.

This is insane. HOW are all the GA tickets sold out? They sold out in the presale? And trust me, My friend has resorted to stubhub (those scalping f*ckers) and its not like they have a lot of GA available there.

Where the hell did all the GAs go? I'm proud of muse for selling out so quickly but I'm sad that maybe a lot of true fans missed out. Wtf?:mad:

long time lurker, first time poster. honestly i'm calling bull$#!t on this general ticket sale. i see a ton of shows in chicago where the tickets are in high demand, requiring me to be on ticketmaster's site as soon as they go on sale and i've never experienced anything like what happened to me today. i was in at the stroke of 10 and the best thing that came up for 2 tix was 300 level. tried putting in one ticket and it gave me 200 level. no way that's possible, unless the majority of the tickets sold through the pre-sale which, judging from a lot of peoples' reactions i've seen on this forum, probably wasn't the case.

something's fishy here, but i dunno what. thoughts??

Agreed. I was lucky to get one GA ticket for myself during the presale. I was supposed to get an additional 2 for my friends but never was able to. Even during the presale there was difficulty getting good seats after the first 5 hours or so and then they completely sold out. The united center is HUGE. I don't understand?

Tried local presale this weekend, and general public sale this am. No decent tickets.

Went through stubhub, which is Chicago/United Center resale ticket outlet. Paid an arm and a leg for 4 tickets in lower level 112 section. Watch out for their "service fee" - $72 for 4 tickets. But, I'm 6th row.

Family lives in Chicago so I have free room and board, they get 2 tickets, so I'm set. Just need plane tickets. No way I'm driving in winter from NC to Chicagoland.

Was anyone able to get GA through the regular sale? It looks like brokers / scalpers got most of the tickets (although maybe alot of MUSE fans don't post on here?). That really sucks. This is going to be my first MUSE show, so thankfully I was able to get GA through the presale on Thursday. I hope all of you are able to at least get tickets to the show somehow. Keep plugging away!

I tried to get pre-sale tickets the SECOND they went on sale and by the time I had clicked "buy tickets" they were already sold out! :mad: I was so bummed! So today I sat and waited and the SECOND tix went on sale I bought two... in the effing nosebleeds! Did all the good tickets go to scalpers and presalers who were lucky? I am sad. :( I have to be grateful that I get to go at all, and trust that the screens and lightshow will save me! I live in Indiana and am generally poor so this is my first Muse show! I can't let the nosebleeds get me down...:$

I'm not sure it's that big. According to Q101's web site capacity is 2,800 but I don't know if that is just for Bulls/Blackhawks games or if it applies to concerts as well.

Has anyone here been there before? This will be my first time at United Center so I can't really shed any light on this.

I think they are missing a zero at the end of their capacity, and that is probably for Bulls / Hawks games. Although there is a good 1/4 of the stadium that isn't being used because of the stage set-up, with the GA floor seats it should hold AT LEAST 30K plus. But seeing as many of the good tickets either went to us that were very lucky early in the pre-sale, or are on StubHub now...I would say that alot of the tickets went straight to brokers, which sucks.

I'm not sure it's that big. According to Q101's web site capacity is 2,800 but I don't know if that is just for Bulls/Blackhawks games or if it applies to concerts as well.

Has anyone here been there before? This will be my first time at United Center so I can't really shed any light on this.

Yeah I've been there a ton for bulls games. Its fairly massive compared to other venues in Chicago. It can seat up to 23,000 seats for concerts...i wonder why q101 said only 2800? Maybe they meant for GA? Because the 23,000 seats I mentioned is without standing room:

"The United Center, which is currently owned by Rocky Wirtz and Reinsdorf, covers 960,000 square feet (89,187 m²) and is located on a 46-acre (19 ha) parcel, west of the Chicago Loop. The arena is the largest in the United States in physical size, though not in capacity. Its exterior bears a striking resemblance to that of Chicago Stadium. It seats 19,717 (not including standing room) for hockey, 20,917 for basketball and up to 23,500 for concerts. " -- From their website

Capacity is much more than that although they will have about a third of the arean blocked off for this gig.

Archived