We are coming in from Florida so it is a little over 9 hours to drive there.

We have been to Nashville a few times already for Muse.

How far is the Sheraton? That is where we usually stay. My sister mentioned Rennisance as well.

The Renaissance (Marriott) Nashville is the stairmaster one. ;) Very close though not necessarily the kind of walk you want after a gig and really too close to bother driving or getting a ride. I was hoping for linkage with (overhead walkways etc) with the convention centre and Sommet when we went and there isn't any.

Google map of Nashville Hotels - Sommet is 5th and Broadway.

Hmmmm, so the Hilton is around 230 a night...I'll have to see how much money I get for Xmas from family and my bonus check at work..I'd love to go for that sparkling wine/full breakfast room...that would be really nice after an amazing show.. I may just have to treat myself and my hubby to this... and it's always great to not have to worry about parking at the venue..just walk out of the hotel and walk to the show!

I agree about doing the stairmaster after..not something I really want to do!! :)

Thanks for all the tips!!!

I'm looking for some hotels within walking distance too.

I'm coming in from Indianapolis, so about a 4 1/2 hour drive for me. I'm leaving early Monday morning, staying the night and driving back Tuesday. We should all get together and have some drinks after the show.

Just click that google link a couple of threads up. You can zoom in and see the Sommet center. The entrance/exit to the Sommet is on 5th and Broadway, Broadway is pretty flat but its a steep enough uphill to Commerce. HTH.

I really want to do the Hilton..it's so expensive..but it's only for one night..:) Thing is, there's a courtyard looks like two blocks away and they have whirlpools in the rooms!!! AND it's about a hundred dollars cheaper..I'm worried with the hilliness now..LOL I'm such a slacker.. I don't want to be doing cardio after the show..LOL

I'm up for drinks..sounds like fun...I think my email is on here..or add me on facebook...:) anyone who wants to get together feel free to email me...It will just be my husband and I...Once I book I'll let everyone know where I'm going...I'm thinking the Hilton will probably have a bar in it..maybe we could get together there???

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I am beyond jacked about this, got my tickets as soon as the General opened on Saturday... a one hour drive to see my favorite act? I wonder who the opener will be... not that it would affect my enjoyment of Muse... I can't wait for March 15! Ordering my forum T-Shirt to wear at Sommet also.

That Nashville Scene article is absurd... on somewhere near forty-seven different levels. The comments are even worse, but the actual post fits approximately in the section directly between ludicrous and braindead. If not a fan because she's so into vaudeville (by the way putting things in parenthetical like she did only underscores the arrogance and - of course it's all vaudeville attitude) then why on earth would she be writing the article in the first place? It is clear she has no appreciation for the band so she turns it into a nonsensical hit piece on their American popularity. I for one will be losing my voice and my mind when paranoia is definitely in bloom on March 15th. I could care less what an Indie paper rag has to say about it... go to a coffee shop somewhere and listen to somebody talk about their salamander eating off her plate with an acoustic guitar behind it and get out of the journalism business. It's supposed to at least maintain some semblance of objectivity at this point... rip them after the show if you want, wrong though you may be, at least that would make a modicum of sense.

I am beyond jacked about this, got my tickets as soon as the General opened on Saturday... a one hour drive to see my favorite act? I wonder who the opener will be... not that it would affect my enjoyment of Muse... I can't wait for March 15! Ordering my forum T-Shirt to wear at Sommet also.

I know...I'm really excited too..I think all the forumers on here are. I saw them in Nashville when they opened for MCR...that was great because no one at that show knew who there were. We couldn't BELIEVE they were openers..!!! They blew MCR away, obviously. We also drove out to Red Rocks in Colorado from St. Louis to see them as well. THAT was an AMAZING time!!!! This is gonna be epic for sure. Booking my hotel today!!! :)

BTW..Jmartnwa just mentioned this...but here's the link for those shirts..The original thread for them is on here in Gigs and Tours..I think this is just astounding that someone went to this much trouble...I'm definitely ordering one..Especially since you can put all the gigs you've attended on the back...

http://jaxopolitan.spreadshirt.com/

downtown nashville isn't hill-y! :LOL: it's nothing to concern yourself about. really. hundreds of shitfaced people navigate broadway/2nd ave every weekend without a problem. it'll be fine!

Its not flat like St Louis either. I would guesstimate that its a 1.5 to 2 story incline between Broadway and Commerce. Though have to agree its amazing what shitfaced people can do on a mission! :LOL: And agree that downtown isn't nearly as hilly as the approach from the north I-65.

If you look at the vertical references it is steep enough all you have to do is google map Ryman Auditorium, zoom in and look at the street view. (tried to post the result here and it wasn't having it).

I just read that Nashville scene article....are they serious????? What the hell is going on with the Nashville scene??? How can they deny the musical prowess of this band..they're geniuses...I mean, even if you don't like them..you HAVE to recognize the musical ability.

The person who wrote that article is daft..

:D

Kentucky fans need to stick together! ;)

I'm going to this gig, and I can't wait! I almost can't believe it yet... I got two floor tickets, in the pre-sale, for me and my best friend. This will be my first concert ever!

81 days guys! :musesign:

Nice choice for a first gig. Go and read the what to expect in GA thread there is some excellent advice.

Just an FYI for those coming in from out of town...Most of the hotels charge you to park your car there..from 22-30 dollars a day..not too bad if you're only paying 80-90 for the room, but I was appalled that the Hilton (220 bucks a night) charges that price. Looks like Nashville is a bit like Chicago in it's expensiveness...just wanted to warn people.. We may stay further out because of it.

Just an FYI for those coming in from out of town...Most of the hotels charge you to park your car there..from 22-30 dollars a day..not too bad if you're only paying 80-90 for the room, but I was appalled that the Hilton (220 bucks a night) charges that price. Looks like Nashville is a bit like Chicago in it's expensiveness...just wanted to warn people.. We may stay further out because of it.

That's crazy though, still cheaper than the $50 - $80 a day for parking in chicago (outside of hotels). I've been told that a little north of the city is better for this kind of thing, Nicer hotels for cheaper and no paying parking. Maybe if a few of us all got a hotel up there we could split a cab into the city or carpool in and split the in-city parking? I'd be willing to do that, I could fit an extra 3-4 people in my car for such an occasion.

That's crazy though, still cheaper than the $50 - $80 a day for parking in chicago (outside of hotels). I've been told that a little north of the city is better for this kind of thing, Nicer hotels for cheaper and no paying parking. Maybe if a few of us all got a hotel up there we could split a cab into the city or carpool in and split the in-city parking? I'd be willing to do that, I could fit an extra 3-4 people in my car for such an occasion.

This sounds like a great idea to me!! It's just my husband and I..We will probably be in my Civic so I could get three average sized people in my backseat as well ...I haven't looked north of the city..I'll take a look and see what they've got...

Hey, if someone ends up with a spare GA ticket (or comes across one for around face value) let me know...I missed the start of the sale and really prefer standing room. I'm trying to hit either this or the Chicago show, but this one is way more convenient for me.

Also, re - parking...when I was down for the KOL show it was my first time in Nashville and I ended up in a lot a couple of blocks from the main entrance for under $20. There are a lot that are clearly visible from the main road so you can sort of explore.

Oh, and Silversun Pickups listed an 8:00 March 15 time at Sommet so I'm assuming they are the opener...which is great for me as I've been dying to see them as well. (I did catch a song in Lex when they did the Manchester Orchestra/Cage the Elephant tour but that's not sufficient:LOL:)

I think I'm going to save myself a load and Bus in and stay nearby. Even if I have to take taxi's it will still be cheaper than gas and parking for everything. $66 for a round trip ticket to Nashville isn't bad at all. That will end up saving me over 1/2 of what I would spend in gas. I think I'm going to splurge on a really nice hotel with the money I'll save. It's my 2 days off from everything so I've got to enjoy ever second of it, I've been waiting 3 years for a day off.

Archived