I'm not saying it's all fine and dandy to suffocate others with your weed smoke, I swear. :LOL: I'm just being silly.

No, no, I get you :LOL:

Just to make myself absolutely clear on the topic. . .I don't care if people smoke cigarettes/weed before or after a show. That's their business, and nothing to do with me. However, if I had paid however many dollars/pounds/euro/whatever to see a show, and people around me were smoking when it was absolutely forbidden, then yes, I would be pissed off, and rightly so. I've paid to see a show, I don't want to spend it smelling your smoke. Why can't people wait a few hours to light up again? I have plenty of friends who smoke, and they manage to wait until after a concert to light up again. If it's inside, then be considerate :awesome:

/steps off high horse.

So yeah, this Muse band. Still not really hit me yet. Maybe once I stop stressing about Tan's luggage.

I'm sure it'll arrive soon!

I'm in the "please don't smoke inside" camp. As someone who needs to get a job and can't really risk not passing a drug test, If someone is smoking next to me, I'll be pissed. And I, for one, just don't really get it for Muse. I mean, I completely understand for Incubus and Chili Peppers, but Muse isn't a So Cal surfer funk band to me. And, if you're in GA, there's going to be a TON of people around you who are willing to sell you out so fast to security just to get more room in the pit. Do whatever outside, in your hotels, whatever. Just don't do it inside the venue.

Had a huge freak out in my car today while listening to Resistance. I can't believe the concert is THIS WEEK!!!

Well if I hadnt seen this thread, and the obvious dislike of weed by some, I would have been smoking all night in MSG, probably oblivious to the fact that people dislike it..

my old college was 65% potheads..so lol ya

Yeah not everyone enjoys weed, same thing with cigarettes or anything in this world.

Anyway, Muse yay!

I'm in the "please don't smoke inside" camp. As someone who needs to get a job and can't really risk not passing a drug test, If someone is smoking next to me, I'll be pissed.

Just for future reference, you're not going to fail a drug test because of secondhand smoke.

Well if I hadnt seen this thread, and the obvious dislike of weed by some, I would have been smoking all night in MSG, probably oblivious to the fact that people dislike it..

my old college was 65% potheads..so lol ya

It's just common sense. And I live in Vancouver, which is like 95% potheads.

I'm in the "please don't smoke inside" camp. As someone who needs to get a job and can't really risk not passing a drug test, If someone is smoking next to me, I'll be pissed. And I, for one, just don't really get it for Muse. I mean, I completely understand for Incubus and Chili Peppers, but Muse isn't a So Cal surfer funk band to me. And, if you're in GA, there's going to be a TON of people around you who are willing to sell you out so fast to security just to get more room in the pit. Do whatever outside, in your hotels, whatever. Just don't do it inside the venue.

Had a huge freak out in my car today while listening to Resistance. I can't believe the concert is THIS WEEK!!!

Seriously, drugs tests to get a job? Sorry but America makes me lol :LOL:

That means nothing to me

I really don't see the problem with smoke at gigs, it adds to the atmosphere by giving the lights something to reflect off :awesome:

YOU might see the problem, but 60% of the attendees might have a problem with it for numerous and what I think is legitimate reasons. Especially if its an indoor arena.

:LOL:. Ya, I mean in America its legal to drink alcohol if you over 21 (people who get excessively drunk do some messed up things sometimes...)

But ya cant smoke weed. Lol like, its ok to have tens of thousands of ppl die from DUI (1 of my friends died from alcohol overdose last year at stony brook :( )

But its not ok to have people smoking weed, listening to too much music, and eating too much food! America just wont stand for it :rolleyes:

edit: 4 days left!! :)

Apparently you don't do limits. Show that you can handle all things above first and then we'll talk weed.

Just to make myself absolutely clear on the topic. . .I don't care if people smoke cigarettes/weed before or after a show. That's their business, and nothing to do with me. However, if I had paid however many dollars/pounds/euro/whatever to see a show, and people around me were smoking when it was absolutely forbidden, then yes, I would be pissed off, and rightly so. I've paid to see a show, I don't want to spend it smelling your smoke. Why can't people wait a few hours to light up again? I have plenty of friends who smoke, and they manage to wait until after a concert to light up again. If it's inside, then be considerate :awesome:

/steps off high horse.

:D I can manage to make it a whole gig without a cigarette.

All you say is very true, unless you are Chris Wolstenholme and then you can smoke indoors on stage all you want! :LOL:

/steps off high horse.

I agree.

Not to mention the deleterious effect your drugs are likely to have on your "singing," should you indulge your inclinations in that way. I'm going to the show to hear Matt Bellamy sing, not some drunken jerk whose stylings of "Plug In Baby" would make baby Jesus cry. If I wanted to hear crappy singing by amateurs (and trust me, if you're drunk or high, your singing will sound like crap, even if you're too shitfaced to realize it), I'd go to a karaoke bar or stay home and watch "American Idol," but I can't stand amateurish singing.

Well I sing badly either way and I am planning on drinking a bit, but I am going to sing along as loud as I want to anyway because I am at a concert, and you do not have to sing good at concert to sing along. It's all about singing along and having fun. Also drinking and drugs don't help to make you sound worse, chances are if you sound like shit you probably sound like shit sober as well.

Archived