monkey_paw

My thoughts on the gig:

I was at the The Floor is Made of Lava concert, but one of the guys I was with left after a few songs, to go take a nap. Shortly after, he texted my other friend, and said that there was already a long que for Muse. So me and my friend went there immediately (shortly before 5), and got in que (we were just past the point, where the marking tape stopped). My friends convinced me to go for the 2nd pit, so we wouldn't get crushed by all the other people, and so we could see the screens. So we were at the barrier of the second pit (we had a couple of big glowsticks BTW, in case anyone noticed :p ) It was quite nice there, we weren't crushed at all, and we had water cups coming constantly (I have no idea, how many of them I drank...)

The setlist was quite poor indeed, and incredibly short. On its own, it was worth five and a half hours of queing. And they blatantly ignored the setlist poll, even leaving out Citizen Erased, which they've pulled out a couple of times lately. They also left out MK Ultra, which was even worse in my opinion, I was hoping that they'd play it all along.

Other than the setlist, the gig was quite awesome. The crowd was better than in Parken IMO (although I actually heard a girl behind me say: "Oh no, not that one", when Unnatural Selection started!), and the guys played really tight. There was a lot of riffage in between tracks, which I quite enjoyed. Dom's little call-and-response thing was quite fun as well :p

It gets 5/6 from me, because of the poor setlist...

EDIT:

BTW, did anyone else notice Matt trying to sing in Danish during Time is Running Out? :p

BTW, did anyone else notice Matt trying to sing in Danish during Time is Running Out? :p

Nope, but I'm definitely looking that up once the videos start appearing. :LOL:

And I agree with the 5/6 statement. It wasn't the most awesome awesome thing Muse has ever done, but it was a great gig nonetheless, and both the guys and the majority of the crowd seemed to think so as well. :p Besides, it was a festival, so they were only going for a 1st degree of awesome, which they certainly delivered.

Oh, and queing from 16:45 (was a small way down from where the corner of the que was, where it changed from going away from the stage area to going parallel to it) got me here:

musegig.png

So sad I didn't get to meet you guys at the gig! I went there around 17.30, and there was already a long queue, so I sat down and started waiting. I kept looking for you guys, but there were way too many people. I guess our plan didn't work out that well. But I'm happy to hear that you all had a nice experience!

I don't know if I started queuing too late or if I just wasn't good enough at pushing in the queue (people were freaking out there and acting crazy, a guy right in front of me hit a girl, and then the girl's boyfriend hit him back, they almost started a fight right in the middle of the queue), but I didn't manage to get a very good spot. By the time I got into the pit, the first 10 rows or more were full, and I couldn't see anything from there, so I ended up standing in the back of the first pit, leaning against the fence, which gave me the possibility to stand on my toes a bit, so I could see a little more of the stage.

But I really think it was a great show all in all. I agree that the setlist wasn't anything special, and I can't help being a bit disappointed that they didn't play either Bliss or Citizen Erased - those two songs are probably my favourite Muse songs up there with Stockholm Syndrome. But I can't complain about the delivery of the songs they chose to play. Even though I'm personally a bit disappointed about Bliss and CE, I can understand why they chose the setlist they did. It's a festival, and not everyone who's there is a geeky Muse-fan like me, so it seems like the right thing to do to play a rather familiar setlist. And I've actually never seen Feeling Good live before, since they played Cave instead at Parken last year, so I even kind of enjoyed the sight of the megaphone ;) I had a great night, and my boyfriend, who isn't too fond of Muse and who kept saying that he didn't want to watch the show, ended up in the pit with me and afterwards he had to admit that he thought it was a pretty cool gig :) And it's great to watch the MTV interview and hear that the guys thought we were a good crowd!

I think "Roskilde, this is gonna kick off!"

Could also be "Fuck yeah! This is gonna kick off!" :LOL:

I love how they just couldn't stop at the end of Knights. They kept on pulling the end off just a wee bit more, wee bit more, longest I've seen them keep it up. I wonder whether or not that was simply because they didn't want to stop, or because they had planned to stop when the smoke machine stopped, and the smoke just kept coming. :D

Could also be "Fuck yeah! This is gonna kick off!" :LOL:

I love how they just couldn't stop at the end of Knights. They kept on pulling the end off just a wee bit more, wee bit more, longest I've seen them keep it up. I wonder whether or not that was simply because they didn't want to stop, or because they had planned to stop when the smoke machine stopped, and the smoke just kept coming. :D

Aye, Dom did some awesome drumming :D

Oh, and the setlist on MuseWiki is wrong. New Born was never played. This was the actual setlist:

1. Uprising (Extended)

2. Kaoss Jam + Supermassive Black Hole

3. Map of the Problematique

4. Interlude + Hysteria

5. Stockholm Syndrome + Riffs

6. Nishe + United States of Eurasia

7. Feeling Good

8. Undisclosed Desires

9. Resistance

10. Time Is Running Out

11. Starlight

12. Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13. Plug In Baby

14. Man With A Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

wow. for some strange reason, instead of reading map of the problematique, i kept reading, 'map of your head' and my world started spinning :eek:

as if :rolleyes: but it was a really strange moment, thinking that muse had actually played that song.. :erm:

Thank you for the upload and the recording of the show!

I started the line around 9 o'clock in the morning, and waited for 14 hours, got in the pit as the first, in front of Orange concert! Crazy and unbelieveable. Not even a bad setlist could ruin it. The fucking best concert ever, man, i can't describe it! But, well, I must say that I got dissapointed.. They didn't play New Born, wtf?! And I thought that they were going to play Showbiz? Well... I think it's bad that they only played for 1 hour and 10 minutes or something, but we have to blame Roskilde's bad timing for that. I mean, come on, Muse needs 2 hours! The Prodigy should have played at Arena at that time Robyn did, Robyn should play at Muse's time, and Muse should play 1 o'clock as Prodigy did, and when bands play 1 o'clock they've got to hours to play. Prodigy played for almost 2 hours, and Nephew played for 2. That's too bad, and I wrote that to the festival. Well, we can't change that now.. Anyway, it was more than than amazing to see Muse again, but this time it felt like my first, when I saw them in Parken I wasn't that much into them as I am now.

I started the line around 9 o'clock in the morning, and waited for 14 hours, got in the pit as the first, in front of Orange concert! Crazy and unbelieveable. Not even a bad setlist could ruin it. The fucking best concert ever, man, i can't describe it! But, well, I must say that I got dissapointed.. They didn't play New Born, wtf?! And I thought that they were going to play Showbiz? Well... I think it's bad that they only played for 1 hour and 10 minutes or something, but we have to blame Roskilde's bad timing for that. I mean, come on, Muse needs 2 hours! The Prodigy should have played at Arena at that time Robyn did, Robyn should play at Muse's time, and Muse should play 1 o'clock as Prodigy did, and when bands play 1 o'clock they've got to hours to play. Prodigy played for almost 2 hours, and Nephew played for 2. That's too bad, and I wrote that to the festival. Well, we can't change that now.. Anyway, it was more than than amazing to see Muse again, but this time it felt like my first, when I saw them in Parken I wasn't that much into them as I am now.

They weren't actually supposed to play Showbiz, but it was in the top 5.

Although it really should get some playtime. My dream is to see Showbiz live at least once in my life. Even if the rest of the set is absolutely shit, Showbiz would more than make up for it.

9? I think I qued right behind a friend of yours. A blonde girl from Vestjylland?

They weren't actually supposed to play Showbiz, but it was in the top 5.

Although it really should get some playtime. My dream is to see Showbiz live at least once in my life. Even if the rest of the set is absolutely shit, Showbiz would more than make up for it.

Thank you so much for the HD videos as always! Sorry you got an average safe setlist. Maybe when the guys are tired and just flew in they play safe? You never know who may get one better setlist than another. Rock for People did pretty good for example.

Hope you get Showbiz at some point (me too!) So far Unintended - which I love as well - seems the representative from that era. If fans make enough noise it may make a comeback??

Archived