Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

Just play to Uprising, so I don't need files right now?

ive made the basis of the version of uprising we are doing right now.. it is the same speed etc as the original studio recording, so that would be okay. i have posted a version of where my project currently is one page back though, it might be better if you play to that.

I'll do some synth stuff and maybe have a crack at the first verse.

ok. :) bear in mind i aleady did all the synth for the backing parts. we can drop more in though if youd like to do some. i guess you'll hear what we've got so far in the mix i posted a page back. the drums and the bass are just temporary for now in that btw

Hey,

finally here's a version of 'Uprising' I'm almost content with^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/355765631/Uprising2.WAV.html

I don't know why, but its almost exactly 0.450 bpm faster than the backing you've already made, I played to my metronome with 128 bpm...

However I'm sure it's no problem for you to adapt the tempo ;)

Have fun

what type of metronome did you use? a hardware one? if so you can probably attribute that to its clock not being so great. im fairly sure my cubase metronome is accurate as it syncs correctly with everything i've tried.

it could be that, or it could be you are using a different sampling rate (are you using 44.1khz?)... though with that tiny % change this is probably not the case.

I can timestretch your track, it'll just slightly affect the quality, but hopefully not anything too audible.

afraid rapidshare is not letting me download your file, can you try sendspace please? dont worry about changing the metronome too much if you dont have a DAW to provide one. the other alternative is that you could record it singing along to the original song, as it will be in time.

I was thinking that if we were gonna do something like CE, we could get alot more people here involved... 3 guitarist could be involved, one for the main riff/verses/chorus, one for the clean bits and one for the solo, same with bass, one for fuzz bits, one for clean bits, drummer, vocalists, keys, other synths/strings.

would be pretty epic :p

I was thinking that if we were gonna do something like CE, we could get alot more people here involved... 3 guitarist could be involved, one for the main riff/verses/chorus, one for the clean bits and one for the solo, same with bass, one for fuzz bits, one for clean bits, drummer, vocalists, keys, other synths/strings.

would be pretty epic :p

Hmm, thought about your post a while^^

You think of a real tribute project, creating a version of the song with other instruments involved? If so, I could provide not only drums, but also violin(s) and/or piano. Of course, in this case, we'd have to change the song pretty much :D

But somehow I like the idea^^

right ive been a bit busy but im just downloading those tracks for uprising now. just tried it now, yeh the drums dont sync. im trying to timestretch them to fit now, will let you know the outcome.

are you able to send the individual tracks for the drums though (like the individual audio tracks from each mic) or did you just use a pair of mics? im having difficulty giving the drums much weight in the mix as is

sure i can record this again, also with seperate tracks. think so. I'm using three microphones at the time, two overheads and one for bass.

I don't know exactly how to record the tracks separately yet, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Just on the way to my drums :D

Okay, so here's the sendspace-link to my track:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ec0wg

The thing with CE is, I really like the idea of doing it, but I think it'll take some time until I can record this song - it's not quite as easy as Uprising :D

But I'm confident I can do it - will take a while, though ;)

that's okay, drop me a PM once you've finished it so I can record my bass to your drums :)

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to this board and really only registered so I can post in this topic, although I've been reading the kit and tab section for quite a while for tabs and FF setting ideas.

Anyhow, I stumbled into this topic and decided it was a really cool thing. I'm an intermediate guitarist and amateur pianist and for the last 6 months a singer. Singing is probably the only way I can really do muse justice atm, I've taken to it pretty well and happily for me my voice and range matches Bellamy's fairly accurately.

I'm therefore quite happy to volunteer my voice to any covers that are in the works if needed :) My range is from A2 to A4 in head voice and up to F# in falsetto, and seeing as I learned to sing using muse songs I can match most of his techniques using vibrato etc. fairly accurately.

Some info about me:

I'm 24 - Born in England and live in Australia - I'm an Apprentice Chef - I have a FF and a modified Gretsch Pro Jet as well as Cubase and a Rode NT1A Mic - Up until recently I had blue hair but the head chef didn't go for that shit - You wont find me on facebook or MSN, I think the internet is for shooting people (Mechwarrior!) - I think Matt Bellamy looks a bit like a Ferret - I KNOW Twilight is shit, in fact I tease my girlfriend relentlessly for watching 10 minutes of it from a pirated movie :)

Woohoo, that sounds good :D

Somebody else who only registered to post in this thread^^

I'm quite new here as well - but I'm the first to read this I think and so I dare to say: welcome to this great project :p

btw: If you find any grammar or language mistakes in my posts - just don't care, I'm from Germany, you know^^

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to this board and really only registered so I can post in this topic, although I've been reading the kit and tab section for quite a while for tabs and FF setting ideas.

Anyhow, I stumbled into this topic and decided it was a really cool thing. I'm an intermediate guitarist and amateur pianist and for the last 6 months a singer. Singing is probably the only way I can really do muse justice atm, I've taken to it pretty well and happily for me my voice and range matches Bellamy's fairly accurately.

I'm therefore quite happy to volunteer my voice to any covers that are in the works if needed :) My range is from A2 to A4 in head voice and up to F# in falsetto, and seeing as I learned to sing using muse songs I can match most of his techniques using vibrato etc. fairly accurately.

Some info about me:

I'm 24 - Born in England and live in Australia - I'm an Apprentice Chef - I have a FF and a modified Gretsch Pro Jet as well as Cubase and a Rode NT1A Mic - Up until recently I had blue hair but the head chef didn't go for that shit - You wont find me on facebook or MSN, I think the internet is for shooting people (Mechwarrior!) - I think Matt Bellamy looks a bit like a Ferret - I KNOW Twilight is shit, in fact I tease my girlfriend relentlessly for watching 10 minutes of it from a pirated movie :)

Nice man, I'm trying to buy time singing these songs to for the tribute stuff, but not much luck..

Good luck if you decide to join.

Archived