NaNoWriMo?

what if

I failed miserably at this last year, but figured if I actually told people I was participating that the fear of not finishing would keep me motivated. :D I'm signed up.... please join me. We can make each other feel guilty enough to reach our word quotas each day (roughly 1600+). Remember their motto is "quantity over quality" - have to lower the bar in order to finish this in 30 days. :LOL:

I consider it every year because it might get some of my damned book idea down...but then again, the rushed nature means that you're not really writing something that you hope to publish properly so there's a down side to it.

I 'm not sure about that. I think it's a great idea. I like to think of my little creative writer spot in my brain like a little muscle, the harder I work it, the better it will perform. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you write, all that matters is that you don't not write.

After all you can find something great in a work with substance, if you have no substance then you won't have anything great. This I can guarantee you.

I don't think the point is to publish after the month long writing - the guy that started NaNo that does all the little pep talks on the website said it's more about "summoning creativity and having a life-changing experience." He also said writers participating in this should lower their expectations from "best-seller" to "not make someone vomit" so he is obviously setting the bar low as far as quality goes. So that said, I'm sure it's true that writing that rapidly will undoubtedly lead to some absolute crap, but within that there may be some truly brilliant bits that with some editing and rewrites later could be published, or if not, at least you can say you achieved the impossible and wrote a novel in a month. :D

I have about 400 words....haha.....I am such a procrastinator!!

First year doing this and I was so excited about it until I got about 300 words written. Now I'm just feeling lazy and unmotivated. Hopefully I can get serious about it tomorrow as I have nothing to do!

Archived