There was loads over the weekend just gone...

BBC news Saturday morning there was an article about kids using slang to talk to each other and Supermassive Blackhole was on.

Top Gear, cant remember which one, which I find amusing as Jeremy Clarkson doesnt even know who they are...

Hysteria was played too at some point - dont know which programme cos I was in the kitchen cooking and by the time I had got to the TV it had gone off.

and a few more that I cant remember.... I just find myself sitting there going.... thats Muse, that's Muse, that's Muse.. and my hubby just goes....:rolleyes:

There was loads over the weekend just gone...

BBC news Saturday morning there was an article about kids using slang to talk to each other and Supermassive Blackhole was on.

Top Gear, cant remember which one, which I find amusing as Jeremy Clarkson doesnt even know who they are...

Hysteria was played too at some point - dont know which programme cos I was in the kitchen cooking and by the time I had got to the TV it had gone off.

and a few more that I cant remember.... I just find myself sitting there going.... thats Muse, that's Muse, that's Muse.. and my hubby just goes....:rolleyes:

:LOL: I know the feeling :p Although I still get excited everytime i hear random bits of their songs, takes a minute for me to realise what I'm actually listening to though :rolleyes:

........Keep taking those pills, dear. :stunned::p

Looking back over this thread, Muse have got to be one of the most played bands on telly surely? :LOL:

:rolleyes: that particular hollyoaks appearance hadn't already been mentioned so meh :p

and yes, yes they have :D but i'm not complaining :happy:

Starlight was used by Sky Sports on Saturday there at the half time of the Scotland v Georgia European Championships Qualifier, which was pretty cool, because the people I was watching the game with in the pub hadn't heard of Muse!!! :eek:;)

Yup, think its for the Qualifiers in general, was used for the England game:happy:

yes and they were the only ones who mentioned it :LOL: no one before that, love :rolleyes::p

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see now, you misinterpreted the post...I can't be arsed to explain it now anyway, it'd just end up in more off-topicness. :p *runs off*

This wasn't directly the question, but my first recollection of hearing/seeing Muse was several years ago on MTV or Vh1, when I flipped on the channel briefly to see if there was anything to my interest (I don't watch those channels usually) - It was "Time Is Running Out" I believe - but unfortunately for me, I didn't care for the song and had never heard it in full, and I misinterpreted the band's music as being like a lot of the frivolous pop that's been in heavy rotation, so I switched to another channel. Then in 2005, (similar to what someone else mentioned) while watching the movie Millions, I was captivated by the opening riff to "Hysteria", (I love music with that rich, almost enveloping bassiness) and I thought the graceful tones to "Blackout" (also played during the film) were beautiful (and thus, my infatuation with the band's music began).

However, in more alignment with the question in the beginning of the thread, I had a slightly cooler experience in hearing Muse while out of town (possibly the only other time I've ever heard them through outside media). I was visiting Pismo Beach last June, wandering along the front decks of the shops that stood near the shore. I love the beach...I was thoroughly enjoying the quiescent atmosphere, lost in thought (it is so reminiscent of where I grew up) when I was stopped in my tracks by a familiar voice in beautiful harmony, with the lines "No one's gonna take me alive...." and then that wicked riff that followed after the phrase had repeated... I stood and heard the song finish, and remained there for a few moments marveling over it. It was on Sirius satellite radio, and the first time I heard "Knights of Cydonia".