Your Muse Collection! (And Collecting Questions)

Niall

Mine is bollocks compared to everyone else's hunderds of singles and eps collection but anyway:

The 5 studio albums plus hullabaloo and HAARP

Absolution and hullabaloo dvds

New born Promo poster

Bliss Promo poster

Hyper Music/Feeling Good Giant Promo poster

Unintended / May June 2000 tour Promo poster

Mine is bollocks compared to everyone else's hunderds of singles and eps collection but anyway:

The 5 studio albums plus hullabaloo and HAARP

Absolution and hullabaloo dvds

New born Promo poster

Bliss Promo poster

Hyper Music/Feeling Good Giant Promo poster

Unintended / May June 2000 tour Promo poster

We all have to start somewhere! Keep that in mind. I have a very old picture of my collection and it's peanuts compared to what I have today.

My collection today is:

Studio Albums

- Showbiz

- Origin of Symmetry

- Absolution

- Black Holes & Revelation

- The Resistance Ltd edition box

Live Albums

- Hullabaloo

- HAARP

DVD

- Hullabaloo

- Absolution Tour

- HAARP

Vinyl

- Starlight single

- Invincible single

- Uprising single

- The Resistance

My collection so far is....

SINGLES:

Taken from 'Showbiz' (1999):

- Unintended // 7''

- Muscle Museum // 7'' (Signed)

- Uno // 7''

- Sunburn // 7''

Taken From 'Origin of Symmetry' (2001):

- Plug In Baby // 7''

- Newborn // 7''

- Bliss // 7''

- Hyper Music / Feeling Good // 7''

Taken From 'Hullaballo' (2002):

- Dead Star / In Your World // 7''

Taken From 'Absolution' (2003):

- Hysteria // CD, DVD, 7''

- Time Is Running Out // CD, DVD, 7''

- Sing For Absolution // CD, DVD, 7''

- Butterflies & Hurricanes // CD, DVD, 7''

Taken From 'Black Holes & Revelations' (2006):

- Knights of Cydonia // CD, DVD, 7''

- Starlight // CD, DVD, 7''

- Supermassive Black Hole // CD, DVD, 7''

- Invincible // CD, DVD, 7''

Taken from 'The Resistance' (2009):

- Uprising // CD, 7''

- Resistance // CD, 7''

STUDIO ALBUMS

- Showbiz // CD

- Origin Of Symmetry // CD

- Absolution // CD, CD + DVD (Making of), CD + Live CD (BDO AUstralia)

- Black Holes & Revelations // CD + DVD (Ltd Edition, Japanese), CD + DVD (Tour Edition)

- The Resistance // Muse.Mu Exclusive No 4329 'Black Ltd Box' with CD, Vinyl, 5.1 Audio DVD and USB

LIVE ALBUMS (CD + DVD)

- Hullaballo (Live From Paris)

- Hullaballo DVD

- Absolution DVD (Live from Glastonbury 2004)

- H.A.A.R.P ( Live From Wembley - 2 Disc Inc DVD)

EP's

- RANDOM 1-8 Japanese Release CD

- Exogenesis 12'' Vinyl (Unopened USA Exclusive)

====

Still on the hunt for the CD's DVDs on Origin though... and whatever else I can get.. I'd love to own the Original EP's and stuff.

Nice collection - keep searching and I'm sure you'll get your wants.

you should get on musecollectors.com. Tell them oscarbabes sent you ;)

Will go over there and have a look.:)

Please do! I'll sit and cry some more! :p

:LOL:

We all have to start somewhere! Keep that in mind.

This.

My collection today is:

Studio Albums

- Showbiz

- Origin of Symmetry

- Absolution

- Black Holes & Revelation

- The Resistance Ltd edition box

Live Albums

- Hullabaloo

- HAARP

DVD

- Hullabaloo

- Absolution Tour

- HAARP

Vinyl

- Starlight single

- Invincible single

- Uprising single

- The Resistance

Are you planning to keep going?

The thing with collecting Muse stuff (discography-wise) is that there are some CDs etc. which will crop up maybe once a year (like that MM EP Sawmills promo that was listed the other day), and sell for ridiculous amounts, which I simply can't afford. And there are others that do get listed here and there, but almost always for a high price (like the French and German MM promos or the Sunburn 'ladies' artwork CD, or the Showbiz/OoS promos with spanner/screwdriver).

I'm very impatient anyway, so to wait for them to crop up and then, when they finally do, realise that I can't afford it, is insanely frustrating. Plus, I don't have the patience/skill to search endless websites in the hopes of finding cheaper ones. I've done that before over the years - a lot - and didn't find that much at a lower price. Plus, I always question random sites in case the seller's not genuine, lol.

That's why I don't dedicate as much time to collecting as I used to. I've built up quite a lot so far, but not enough promo or foreign-wise (lol) and it's just so flippin' expensive to maintain, hehe. It's also partly why I collect more merchandise than I do CDs etc. I only buy official items (mostly through the .mu shops) which makes it easier cos they're at a fixed price, so I know I'm not getting short-changed... (even though it's still bloody pricey haha!), and they look awesome :chuckle:!

I have an embarrasing number of t-shirts (close to 60 now), and endless other things including mugs, bags, badges, wallets, pens, cups, hoodies, jackets, belts, jewellery (necklace/bracelet), wristbands, an umbrella, posters, flag, coasters, towel, teddy, programmes, phone charm, poncho... the list goes on!

One day I'll count them all up and list them. I'd like to see if anyone's quite as OTT as I am when it comes to merch... it's something of an addiction and I may need help! *wears patch* :ninja: lol

The thing with collecting Muse stuff (discography-wise) is that there are some CDs etc. which will crop up maybe once a year (like that MM EP Sawmills promo that was listed the other day), and sell for ridiculous amounts, which I simply can't afford. And there are others that do get listed here and there, but almost always for a high price (like the French and German MM promos or the Sunburn 'ladies' artwork CD, or the Showbiz/OoS promos with spanner/screwdriver).

I'm very impatient anyway, so to wait for them to crop up and then, when they finally do, realise that I can't afford it, is insanely frustrating. Plus, I don't have the patience/skill to search endless websites in the hopes of finding cheaper ones. I've done that before over the years - a lot - and didn't find that much at a lower price. Plus, I always question random sites in case the seller's not genuine, lol.

That's why I don't dedicate as much time to collecting as I used to. I've built up quite a lot so far, but not enough promo or foreign-wise (lol) and it's just so flippin' expensive to maintain, hehe. It's also partly why I collect more merchandise than I do CDs etc. I only buy official items (mostly through the .mu shops) which makes it easier cos they're at a fixed price, so I know I'm not getting short-changed... (even though it's still bloody pricey haha!), and they look awesome :chuckle:!

I have an embarrasing number of t-shirts (close to 60 now), and endless other things including mugs, bags, badges, wallets, pens, cups, hoodies, jackets, belts, jewellery (necklace/bracelet), wristbands, an umbrella, posters, flag, coasters, towel, teddy, programmes, phone charm, poncho... the list goes on!

One day I'll count them all up and list them. I'd like to see if anyone's quite as OTT as I am when it comes to merch... it's something of an addiction and I may need help! *wears patch* :ninja: lol

Nice post and good point - do you use your merch or do you keep it in the wrappers? I'm a bit sad when buying music as I always try to get at least two - one to use and one to gloat over in perfect condition! I'd love to see your collection - pic please!

:stunned:

This has to be one of the most impressive collections I've ever seen. Must've cost a fortune, too! :LOL:

Thanks! It's taken a lot of time, effort AND money. I have a music collector husband who has an comprehensive northern soul vinyl collection (sorry to repeat myself if I've posted that before) His collection is now worth over 60k so he doesn't think my hobby is too expensive in comparison! I also have Muse-related holidays. For the Resistance tour I went to Liverpool, Birmingham, Lisbon and Vegas and have just had a weekend for LCCC. He came to Lisbon and Vegas with me but the others were with Muse friends. We can only afford it because we are old, we both work and we have no children. Also, I have spent a lot of our Silver Wedding savings!!!!:LOL:

Nice post and good point - do you use your merch or do you keep it in the wrappers? I'm a bit sad when buying music as I always try to get at least two - one to use and one to gloat over in perfect condition! I'd love to see your collection - pic please!

Ohh my God, I thought I was the only one that does stuff like that :LOL: *high five*. Mostly I don't use the merch I buy - apart from t-shirts and hoodies. I've piled up my tees in stacks and alternate them all, so that they all get worn, but I only really wear them when I know they won't get ruined (i.e. when I'm at home :chuckle:). They used to be in one of my drawers, but it was about to explode and overflow, so I had to move them :LOL:.

All the other accessories etc I don't use. I bought a Muse wallet twice so that I could use one and keep the other pristine, and then I bought the new Resistance wallet at Wembley, which I don't intend to use. I also always get two copies of badges so that one stays in its Musey wrapper, while the others get used. :$ I do have my OCD ways with the Muse things I buy, lol.

Buuttt... I don't get everything. If I don't like the look of a t-shirt, I won't buy it. It's a waste of money. Same with other merch - If there's a bag/poster/mug etc that I'm not too fond of, I won't necessarily want to own it. I mostly collect merch because I think it looks cool and I'd like to have it in my collection... it's not mandatory for me to have it all, unlike CDs etc. With that, I consider EVERYTHING worth owning, including the same CD/vinyl etc with a different catalogue number (Niall knows what I'm talking about :p). So, there's never going to be a point when I could finish collecting Muse discog. stuff... it's OTT, but that's how I look at it, sadly.

And yess, I've been meaning to take pics of my collection for a while... I'll get on it tres soon and upload!

I've a long way to go still, cos there are a number of t-shirts and accs from the Abso era or earlier that I missed out on... those are Much harder to get hold of than a rare CD, oddly enough, haha!

PS - nice collection! :happy:

Got this today, finally:

img5925j.jpg

I <3 this vinyl, but again, it sells for too much, so I have yet to own it. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you get it for?

Wow, good find :)

On a side note, in my collection I have the BH&R box and the Resistance box w/ the 5.1 and I'm thinking of selling one or both but is anyone still interested in those or would it be a waste to try and sell it right now?

How much for resistance box mate?

Albums:

Showbiz

Origin Of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes...

The Resistance

DVDs:

Absolution

Box Sets:

The Resistance w/5.1 surround sound (sounds amazing on a proper system).

Singles:

All singles from Resistance that have been physically released

Sunburn CD2

Muscle Museum CD2

I have the money for their early EPs, I'm just not sure whether to spend it on the EPs (hugely overpriced sometimes) or buy loads of singles and promos? :(

Albums:

Showbiz

Origin Of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes...

The Resistance

DVDs:

Absolution

Box Sets:

The Resistance w/5.1 surround sound (sounds amazing on a proper system).

Singles:

All singles from Resistance that have been physically released

Sunburn CD2

Muscle Museum CD2

I have the money for their early EPs, I'm just not sure whether to spend it on the EPs (hugely overpriced sometimes) or buy loads of singles and promos? :(

I'd go for the EP as price got lower these months :)

How much for resistance box mate?

Haha, no clue. Since I've never seen how much it goes for I was thinking of just posting it on the UK ebay and see how it does. I've been trying to list it all day but my crappy internet connection won't load the pictures so maybe tomorrow?

I'll be sure to post the listing when/if it goes up though.

Just got Unintended and Sunburn clear vinyl singles this morning through the post - mint condition, look brand new, amazes me haha. :D

Edit: Is the Asian stuff worth collecting? It costs so much sometimes for what is effectively the same thing?

I'm gonna try and get everything showbiz-wise, I have the money now :)

Archived