Your Muse Collection! (And Collecting Questions)

Niall

Most people here will have bought there's from the shop. I think Kynch did.

If you want watch eBay for one obsessively until a lower price one turns up.

Precisely, Niall. :)

Got it through the Muse Shop.

Is that you bidding on the one on Ebay? If so, I'll wait for the next one, if not, I'm having a bid or two!:LOL:

Nah, the first 5 or 6 go to the crazy people with more money than sense who think it's a good idea to pay £70 for a promo that will cost £5 in a month's time. The first Uprising promo went for over £100, then they dropped to less than £10...

Do you reckon a lot have been issued?

Yep, from the looks of it it's a high quality factory made promo so it will have been produced in batches of hundreds or thousands. If they were only issuing a handful of them they'd stick to CDRs.

Yep, from the looks of it it's a high quality factory made promo so it will have been produced in batches of hundreds or thousands. If they were only issuing a handful of them they'd stick to CDRs.

Thanks for the advice, that promo on ebay was looking way too good in my eyes :LOL:

i havent got much.... because i dont get to buy my own stuff...

but i do have a shirt which is either showbiz or OoS (it didn't say on ebay, and the shirt doesnt say the dates) its from the era and i love it :)

wvygqu.jpg

2hzh9b6.jpg

:LOL: my room sucks! i hate it! i only like the flag.... the rest SUCKS! i've had it exactly the same since i was born, and i'm not allowed to repaint or redecorate (im getting a new room in 2 years though :) )

i also look fugly!

Okay, so I would LOVE to buy some singles, but I'm kind of confused on something:

On Ebay I see alot if singles "promos". Are these the same things as a regular single or are they different in some way? It's probably a really stupid question but I want to make sure I'm getting the thing I want. 'tis my life goal to collect ALL Muse singles. :LOL:

Okay, so I would LOVE to buy some singles, but I'm kind of confused on something:

On Ebay I see alot if singles "promos". Are these the same things as a regular single or are they different in some way? It's probably a really stupid question but I want to make sure I'm getting the thing I want. 'tis my life goal to collect ALL Muse singles. :LOL:

Promos are discs that were sent to radio stations and other music reviewers in order to promote the band, as they suggest. Sometimes, they don't differ from the original single except for a different catalogue number, but some can come with alternate artwork, different tracklist, and sometimes on a CD-R in a paper/cardboard/plastic sleeve.

Generally speaking, if you're just looking for singles, avoid promos as they won't feature the b sides and probably not the artwork, but they are collectible if you get into it.

hence why i'm starting to get into it...i got the resistance promo today (the single not the album)...and yesterday i got the hysteria promo in the static shield bag - to go along with my sing for absolution promo one...

Ah, okay, thanks for the replies. :) I'll probably just wait for the regular singles and not get the promos, then. I want all the artwork and B-sides. :awesome:

Ebay and Amazon are the best places to look for these, right?

Generally yeah, and independent record stores, but you have to really search around online for these.

I own:

all 5 albums downloaded from itunes

HAARP on discs

origin of symmetry disc

absolution disc

a copy that my friend gave me of the resistance

oh and my gran was in freerecordshop and found showbiz, hullabaloo and black holes and revelations

my collection is as good as complete!

Wow. As a totally NEW Muse fan, looking at everyone's Muse goodies makes me eager to start my collection !!

I am off to a slow start so far . . . .

Absolution cd

Black Holes and Revelations cd

The Resistance cd

MUSE Car Window Decal

Matt Bellamy Obsession ( unhealthy for a 49 year old woman .... )

:LOL: AM xx

Just a quick question.

What should I be paying for the The Resistance: Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set (the one with the 5.1 disc)?

I know it's hard to find but just wondering what they go for when they pop up?

Cheers all - pumped for the upcoming OZ tour:D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MUSE-PROMO-RARE-VHS-VIDEO-MUSCLE-MUSEUM-MAVERICK-/250637967754?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3a5b2fe18a#ht_500wt_1154

I feel sorry for whoever bought that at that price. I got one a few years back for something like £3.65.

Here's my copy:

http://www.musewiki.org/File:Muscle_Museum_Promo_USvideo.JPG

Just a quick question.

What should I be paying for the The Resistance: Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set (the one with the 5.1 disc)?

I know it's hard to find but just wondering what they go for when they pop up?

Cheers all - pumped for the upcoming OZ tour:D

What price is it going for?

The Resistance: Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set (with 5.1 disc)

What price is it going for?

Too late, just bought it anyway.

$99AUD so about £65

Figured it was worth it as the standard box set was £59.99 on the Muse.mu site shop.

Hope I did OK???????

Archived