Twas good times. Worth the jaunt down the road and the stay in the Dead Star hotel.

IMG_1017.jpg

omg the liars!!! they told us there weren't any setlists! :phu:

and yep, nishe was :awesome: - they played it until the guitar is supposed to come in and then cut to the next song.

this was my sixth time seeing them, and i honestly think it was my favourite. like, it's a tough decision because of setlist (had they played space dementia for example it would without doubt have the been the best), but i think it was a pretty great setlist and they were just so incredible! they have really become much better showmen, they engaged with the crowd so much more and just seemed to be grinning away and laughing all the time!

like there were points when dom seriously just grinned insanely for whole songs!! and even matt kept laughing! also, how cute was it when matt went to one of the wings during a song (can't remember which?), and he liked leaned his stomach on the railing and played his solo hanging down and pulled his knees up with his shiny runners like dangling there :LOL:

also, i agree with people who said UD didn't sound quite right... it was prob the new song i was most looking forward to hearing and i felt like it sounded a bit weak... :(

also, i think newborn was fantastic because it was so early in the set and i found that a bit surprising (hadn't looked at any setlists before on purpose), but it does loose something without him on the piano at the beginning.

overture was AMAZING!! seriously, and the way that they were rising up on the pillars at the beginning and matt doing his epic face - it was just like... :eek: you are GOD!!!!

omg it was so incredible, i haven't listened to them since yet... tho i want to so badly cos i want the last time i heard them to be live!! ugh... im going to cave soon... !

also, anyone think there's any chance they might be in dublin for any of their days off?!!

Was just wondering, for anyone who was seated at the gig last night, what was the atmosphere like?

'Cause obviously, I'd expect standing to be a lot more exhilirating, so just curious for how seating goes? (Going seated in London, on 13th.) :)

Seated is still great! Ive been seated at the O2 for a number of gigs, and it was bloody awesome. Shame about some of the boring lot who moan at you for standing.....oh well. :p Ive got seated for the O2, block 106...where are you??

Seated is still great! Ive been seated at the O2 for a number of gigs, and it was bloody awesome. Shame about some of the boring lot who moan at you for standing.....oh well. :p Ive got seated for the O2, block 106...where are you??

Haha, if anyone moans at me for standing, I know for definite my mate will give them an earful. :awesome:

I'm in block 102. :D

did you see the two english lads chatting up the young ones ?

No, didn't see that!

Thursday is gonna be great that camera works wonders at close range. I got some great shots in Sheffield even though I got pretty much shafted in every direction as we were at the centre barrier :LOL:

Videos are great you will be amazed at the sound quality you get :yesey:

Did you let Olly have a go with it? I know he is tempted to get one as well.

i'm still pleased with the pics I did get, really wasn't expecting anything better than that due to the distance involved:)

Didn't see Ollie as we weren't standing so didn't queue;)

AHA,when matt looked down when waving the flag,he was looking down at me nd my friend joe!!we wer shouting like fuck at him,got crushed against the barrier,haha

was quein since 9.20am,wen we arrived,there wer 5 girls in front of us!!:):D

Haha, Nice! :D We queued from about 12. Got right to the barrier just below the elevated part on the right!

Was just wondering, for anyone who was seated at the gig last night, what was the atmosphere like?

'Cause obviously, I'd expect standing to be a lot more exhilirating, so just curious for how seating goes? (Going seated in London, on 13th.) :)

I looked up at sitting half way through and it look liked most people were standing anyway. :LOL:

I'm so tired............. but it was sooooooooo worth it :awesome::

I knew what to expect after seeing Sheffield, I was hoping they might change at least one song but never mind. Still would have liked an oldie thrown in.

Didn't get to the arena till 4.30 and due to confusion over which queue at which door was finally sorted. I resigned myself to standing further back due to the queues of eager Irish fans. Unbelievably they let our door in and I made Chris barrier, exactly where I dreamed of being. I was in heaven

No supports but to be honest apart from the waiting around I didn't miss them I knew what was about to come:yesey:

I wasn't let down, the Irish crowd were good, seemed to be more of a mosh pit at Sheffield but there was a nice atmosphere around the place. I basically had nearly 2 hours of looking at Chris and his bass and I loved every minute. Because of being so close to the stage Matt was almost invisable at times and Dom when he wasn't on his tower was hidden. When Matt did come across it was great and I could see he was getting a good reception from the crowd further on his side, and definitley in the middle.

Stockholm Syndrome, Plug in baby, Hysteria and Newborn didn't disappoint. Exogenesis Part 1 was beautiful and Unnatural Selection was just awesome I thought.

All in all a good night

I looked up at sitting half way through and it look liked most people were standing anyway. :LOL:

Yep, not many sitting down where we were. I was at death's door (well, pretty close to it anyway!) so if I managed to stand through most of it so should every other bugger!:LOL:

As I said, considering how far we were from the stage....

ahhh! thank you so much for that - i remember going insane when he dangled his legs over the stage!!

how amazing are those pink trousers btw. and sparkly shell shoes ftw :p

ahh. god that gig really was savage cabbage indeed!! :happy:

ahhh! thank you so much for that - i remember going insane when he dangled his legs over the stage!!

how amazing are those pink trousers btw. and sparkly shell shoes ftw :p

ahh. god that gig really was savage cabbage indeed!! :happy:

Lots more to come, just may take a few days to get them uploaded!:LOL::LOL:

The clips I recorded in MOTION JPEG are going to take ages.

I forgot to switch to AVCHD mode until later on (the PIB clip was shot in AVCHD) but that is a far quicker format to upload.

Will remember to use AVCHD for London from the word go!

Love it or hate it...Feeling Good DID get the best reaction of the night.

Ha ha! It got a massive 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' from me!:LOL:

Unfortunately though my voice was weak due to my sore throat and I was too far away to be heard by the band!:LOL:

Was it just me or was the crowd unusually loud?

Looked back during KoC and more or less every single person in the seated area were up pumping their fists with the people in standing. Was pretty immense :D

The crowd was amazing. Everyone around me knew most of the words to every song. Nowbody was standing around looking bored. :happy:

Archived