Burning_October

If you buy any Strat (except for the top of the range pieces, which are obviously better) you are just paying for the brand. You have been drawn into the way of thinking that "Lol it says Fender so it's better than yourz!". No it isn't. The Squier Strat is as good as the American standard, it just doesn't have the same brand. Stop being so goddamn closed minded.

As long as you dont keep smashing it around, and you make sure all the frets etc are fine, you've got yourself a decent guitar for $800 less.

Yes, the squire strat is just as good as a fender american strat.... :rolleyes: Guitar companies arent the devils sperm, they do justify the price difference with better quality parts an overall better craftsmanship. But that obviously doesnt affect the guitar at all.

Ican't really tell the difference between the tones that i have heard.

Says more about you than the guitars.

Yes, the squire strat is just as good as a fender american strat.... :rolleyes: Guitar companies arent the devils sperm, they do justify the price difference with better quality parts an overall better craftsmanship. But that obviously doesnt affect the guitar at all.

Says more about you than the guitars.

With the brands, you are paying for just that, the brand. Its like, if i have a piece of ash wood, not many people would buy it, but if i said it was "guitar body ash wood" then many people would become interested.

And wow, i made a spelling mistake, that obviously undermines everything i have just said. :rolleyes: Even the others have said it, there isn't that much of a difference, you're just to stubborn to see that.

If you buy any Strat (except for the top of the range pieces, which are obviously better) you are just paying for the brand. You have been drawn into the way of thinking that "Lol it says Fender so it's better than yourz!". No it isn't. The Squier Strat is as good as the American standard, it just doesn't have the same brand. Stop being so goddamn closed minded.

As long as you dont keep smashing it around, and you make sure all the frets etc are fine, you've got yourself a decent guitar for $800 less.

I have one of both and there is a difference. Squiers are decent guitars, but you're talking out of your arse.

With the brands, you are paying for just that, the brand. Its like, if i have a piece of ash wood, not many people would buy it, but if i said it was "guitar body ash wood" then many people would become interested.

And wow, i made a spelling mistake, that obviously undermines everything i have just said. :rolleyes: Even the others have said it, there isn't that much of a difference, you're just to stubborn to see that.

You're paying for the brand...that uses better quality parts and woods. I dont see how your example relates to the situation.

Also, I wasn't referring to your spelling mistake, smartass, YOU not hearing the difference says more about YOU, not the guitar.

Honestly, I dont know why everyone thinks the big name guitar companies are just lables on a headstock and theyre all out to burn you. There's a reason they've had solid sales for over 50 years.

You're paying for the brand...that uses better quality parts and woods. I dont see how your example relates to the situation.

Also, I wasn't referring to your spelling mistake, smartass, YOU not hearing the difference says more about YOU, not the guitar.

Honestly, I dont know why everyone thinks the big name guitar companies are just lables on a headstock and theyre all out to burn you. There's a reason they've had solid sales for over 50 years.

Well that may well be your opinion, but a very good man i know has been making and playing guitars for well over 20 years, and does have the same opinion as me. In many cases, yes, the better quality woods and parts make the overall tone better, but as i said, that is not always the case. You can often find cheaper guitars that are as decent as more expensive guitars. It all depends on how they are made.

I admit that most Squier's appear to be made by a toddler with no hands, yet there are still a good few that are great players.;)

And the thing about the brands, i'll give you an example (something like this has happened before) : One car company (lets say Ferrari) makes a new sportscar. They price it at £1,250,000, and because of their previous cars and their reputation, everyone thinks it's a respectable price. However, a lesser known company also makes a new sportscar, which surpasses the Ferrari in speed, efficiency, and looks, and costs only £1,000,000. However, because it is not known to be a great car company, no-one will think that it is better than the Ferrari, and probably won't even give it a chance.

That example may be quite confusing and vague, but meh, was the best i could think of.:happy:

And the thing about the brands, i'll give you an example (something like this has happened before) : One car company (lets say Ferrari) makes a new sportscar. They price it at £1,250,000, and because of their previous cars and their reputation, everyone thinks it's a respectable price. However, a lesser known company also makes a new sportscar, which surpasses the Ferrari in speed, efficiency, and looks, and costs only £1,000,000. However, because it is not known to be a great car company, no-one will think that it is better than the Ferrari, and probably won't even give it a chance.

So in this case you'd be better off buying a Squier - you can't even play barre chords on a Ferrari.

Internet analogies are almost always wank

So in this case you'd be better off buying a Squier - you can't even play barre chords on a Ferrari.

Internet analogies are almost always wank

lol

It depends on several things. It doesn't have anything to do with the brand itself.. If you get the ferrari, you're just going to be getting something that you won't have to upgrade and is already made of quality parts.

BUT, if you don't think its worth it, get the 'other' car and have 'some guy' paint some go faster stripes on it.

But they won't be quite the same, as it'll still be the same car underneath.

Or something like that.

MY POINT IS....learn some barre chords.

Oh, and regarding a company not being known well but still putting out quality stuff for less....I find that to be true in some cases. (I don't mean because it's made in china or whatever, while the more expensive stuff is made in the US....I have a good example but I won't go into that just yet).

Oh, and regarding a company not being known well but still putting out quality stuff for less....I find that to be true in some cases. (I don't mean because it's made in china or whatever, while the more expensive stuff is made in the US....I have a good example but I won't go into that just yet).

It depends on the product, certain products are all about being expensive. But the whole point of the Squier brand was so Fender could put out cheap guitars and not tarnish the reputation of the quality of Fender's products.

Obviously there's Japanese companies like Tokai who make fantastic copies, but there's often a cheap one and an expensive one.

An American made Fender might not be the guitar for someone and a cheaper one might be better, but that doesn't mean they are the same.

It depends on the product, certain products are all about being expensive. But the whole point of the Squier brand was so Fender could put out cheap guitars and not tarnish the reputation of the quality of Fender's products.

Obviously there's Japanese companies like Tokai who make fantastic copies, but there's often a cheap one and an expensive one.

An American made Fender might not be the guitar for someone and a cheaper one might be better, but that doesn't mean they are the same.

This post is pretty much the truth, IMO

Does anyone think it is uncomfortable to play a tele ?

(As it usually doesn't have a contour at the back)

Im asking because Im thinking of a guitar covered with acrylic mirror all the way round.

(This means I could only make a forearm contour,but the back would be flat with quite sharp sides)

Any ideas ?

Well I have a guitar covered in mirror. It's not a comfortable guitar to play, you wouldn't want to do a whole gig with it. I'm sure that's why bellamy only uses his for one song.

It looks nice though.

I dont play guitar at gigs. I have only played for bout 2 years.

Im actually a drumer.:D

Im still at my A-levels therefore, I dont play much anyway...

I play guitar just to have fun really :p ) So I think it'll be fine for me )

Archived