Atlanta U2 support

chapel

Yes, it was 99x! I just went on their website to see if there was an interview link, but I don't see anything. I'm bummed I missed the first part.

I'll have to go back and read some of the tweets. Glad they were good! My hubby said it was fun. He's so-so about Muse, but he can at least admit they are good live. And he did learn to play TiRO on his bass, so I was glad they played that.

We stayed for half of U2. Not a fan really, but you can't deny they're good performers. And I've always had a soft spot for The Edge, actually. I saw them twice more than 20 years ago when I was a massive fangirl, so it was interesting to see them so many years later from a different perspective. They're old! LOL! The played a few hits from the '80s, so that was cool. All the fans around us seemed really tame. No problems or attitude or anything. Alot of people were sitting down! There was this hilarious couple in front of us dancing. They were probably my age, but I felt like I was watching my Dad try to dance of something. :LOL: He made me think of Ned Flanders from the Simpsons for some reason. A real doofus! So I was watching the crowd more than I was U2.

Ah well, I guess this is where the PMS syndrome comes in. (Post Muse Syndrome)

I did some people watching during U2, as well. I saw Brooke Shields walk by and I swear Robert Duvall was there! But the most fun was this girl who was dancing, and totally into U2. She reminded me of that Seinfeld episode when Elaine tries to dance, and is just horrible. :D Then there was a guy that looked like a chicken dancing. I can't criticize, because I'm not a great dancer, either. It was just fun to watch. And by the by...The Edge's falsetto solo was reeeally nice. I never knew he had that nice, clear voice. Oh yeah, Bono thanked Muse (not the Muse this time), and said, "there's something special there." I thought that was pretty nice. I was too busy rockin' to people watch during Muse. (the annoying chick in front of us, according to my husband, did what he calls "the white girl dance." I think it involves pointing your fingers in the air and shaking your butt. :LOL:)

Oh my, I just got home to Birmingham, that concert was amazing, both bands rocked my socks off. If any of you saw 5 guys in front center(as an there was nobody closer to the stage than me) Going crazy, that was me. Uprising, was, wow, just wow, there isnt a word to describe how awesome it was, and I have to say Bono put on quite a show as well. Also at one point in the show when Matt thanked U2 for having them, me and my friends in the front row all yelled "were here for you Matt!" Chris then looked right at us and smiled. :D my life is pretty much complete. I also got some great close ups of Chris and Matt, ill get them up for you guys tomorrow morning, I need to sleep now, its been one hell of a day

I'm glad you had such a great time and that's cool Chris smiled at you guys :happy:

Despite the crap traffic on Northside Drive,made it into the venue in good time,got $10.00 parking right across from the dome.

Here is the set list as I recorded:

1.Intro- Prokofiev Dance of the Knights

2. Uprising

3. Map of the Problematique

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5.Interlude

6. Hysteria

7. Undisclosed Desires

8. Unnatural Selection

9. Starlight

10.Time is Running Out.

Now, would have made my night to see them perform Megalomania or Stockholm Syndrome, but maybe next time when they headline.

I stayed for about 5 songs of U2's performance, and they were pretty good, but I only tolerate sitting in post event nightmare traffic for MUSE.

The people in my area were obviously not MUSE fans as they didn't give them the proper attention they merited, so I wanted to throttle them all. Hopefully my enthusiasm made up for the pathetic responses out of section 130.

I hope they return soon and headline as they should. The Fox or the Tabernacle would be fabulous.

I'm still sad I missed seeing Muse at the Tabernacle in 2006, I know that was awesome. It's quite intimate and I think the sound is great there. :) The odds of hearing Stockholm are good, Megalomania, not so much.

We got to the Dome at 4pm, about an hour and a half before the gates open, and the traffic was not bad at all, and we found excellent ($8!) parking. We went to the bathroom, and joined the crowd hanging out by the entrance. Renee (musemom) had told me that there were at least 300 people lined up. I didn't see them. Then we found out that the GA line was "down there." So down we went into a sea of people. I figured there were around 1000 people in front of us (one of the guys who worked there guessed 800.) Got in line, then noticed people around us with arm bands. So, we had to go back and get in the arm band line, and then got back in the GA line. That was a bit frustrating. It would have been nice to have signs saying, "You need the arm band to get in!" Got in pretty quickly after the gates opened. Most of the inner circle spots were taken when we got in. We ended up about 5 people deep from the outer circle. Really good, except all the heads! So we waited. About half an hour or more later some Muse fans muscled their way in front of everybody, and ended up right in front of us. :mad: I was pretty pissed, now I'm 6 people deep. And their PDA was annoying. Anyway, it didn't end up mattering when the band came on. There were numerous Muse fans in my area, so we were all really enjoying the show. So that was cool.

Loved the program. I would have loved Stockholm, but I knew it wouldn't be on the setlist. People around me participated in the Starlight clap, and seemed to be really into Muse (even the U2 fans.) I actually heard other fans singing during TIRO! Matt's voice is incredible! Just an excellent performance. Before and after the show saw lots of Muse shirts. When we were in the food line, I had my sign in my hand. A guy said, "Where'd you get that Muse thing?" I said, "I made it!"

Just so you know, both bands are loud! lol! We brought earplugs. I didn't use them for Muse, because I didn't want to miss anything. I did for U2, tho. And I could hear well. U2 did great. I really enjoyed hearing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" live and "Magnificent." and I have to say that Bono didn't start in on the charitable talk until after a full hour of playing. And the part we heard wasn't all that long and annoying. they worked it into the set. But by that time my 37 year old body was saying (in a whiny voice), "I'm tired, my back hurts." We left at 10:30.

I took some photos, but they're mostly crap. I'll try to post them later. I can't wait for Muse next spring. I think they definitely have some more fans in Atlanta now.

Oh yeah, 99x is now 97.9?! I wish I had known this before the concert!

I'm glad you had a good time and had other fans around you! How annoying about those fans squeezing in front of you though and all the PDA lol.

You should take a picture of your sign so we can see it :)

A couple of photos:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-scene/2009/10/07/u2-and-muse-sell-out-georgia-dome-in-memorable-rock-concert/

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-scene/2009/10/07/1345/

The Muse part:

Tuesday’s show opened with a 45-minute set by Muse, playing ferocious, sometimes operatic, progressive rock with a dark edge. Tween daughters who came with their older rocker dads brightened up when the band played “SuperMassive Black Hole,” a tune used in the vampire movie “Twilight.”

While the pale members of Muse could have fit right in with Robert Pattinson and friends, the hearty souls in U2 were all about sunshine and light, and a starship to take them there.

Someone's Flickr photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1lara1/

I stayed for about 5 songs of U2's performance, and they were pretty good, but I only tolerate sitting in post event nightmare traffic for MUSE.

The people in my area were obviously not MUSE fans as they didn't give them the proper attention they merited, so I wanted to throttle them all. Hopefully my enthusiasm made up for the pathetic responses out of section 130.

Oh Please ! How can you say that ? You did the same : you didn't give U2 the proper attention they merited too ! So please, stop that supid fans' war ! :rolleyes:

Why can you love Muse but not U2 and U2's fans must love Muse ?

The Muse part:

Tuesday’s show opened with a 45-minute set by Muse, playing ferocious, sometimes operatic, progressive rock with a dark edge. Tween daughters who came with their older rocker dads brightened up when the band played “SuperMassive Black Hole,” a tune used in the vampire movie “Twilight.”

While the pale members of Muse could have fit right in with Robert Pattinson and friends, the hearty souls in U2 were all about sunshine and light, and a starship to take them there.

No, just no. :noey:

Thanks for the Flickr link. Good pics on there!

I did some people watching during U2, as well. I saw Brooke Shields walk by and I swear Robert Duvall was there! But the most fun was this girl who was dancing, and totally into U2. She reminded me of that Seinfeld episode when Elaine tries to dance, and is just horrible. :D Then there was a guy that looked like a chicken dancing. I can't criticize, because I'm not a great dancer, either. It was just fun to watch. And by the by...The Edge's falsetto solo was reeeally nice. I never knew he had that nice, clear voice. Oh yeah, Bono thanked Muse (not the Muse this time), and said, "there's something special there." I thought that was pretty nice. I was too busy rockin' to people watch during Muse. (the annoying chick in front of us, according to my husband, did what he calls "the white girl dance." I think it involves pointing your fingers in the air and shaking your butt. :LOL:)

:LOL: :LOL: Love that Seinfeld episode! Yeah, great people-watching for sure. Sorry about the annoying people around you. At least there was some enthusiasm for Muse in your area. My area was dead for the most part, but there were some dudes behind me that were cheering. I did hear lots of cheering throughout the stadium, so yay! It was expected during Uprising, SMBH and Starlight, but I also remember alot of cheering when they started UD, too, which was surprising. Whaaah! I wish it wasn't over!

I wore my new shirt to the gym this morning. :awesome: No one said anything, but I heard some girls next to me talking about how one of them went to the U2 concert so I piped in and said "Oh, I was there for Muse! Great show!" and pointed to my shirt. They were like "cool!" but given the crowd that was there, she probably was still stuck in traffic during Muse! Then some girl I'd never seen before was grinning at me like a loon. Maybe she just thought I looked goofy or something, but I like to think it was because she liked my shirt. :happy:

Thanks for all your reports and the videos. Glad everyone had a great time. It's not the same being a guest performer is it though? I don't know, I was just looking at the lighting and, bless them, they had to fit in round U2's clobber and look out at a half empty stadium! I suppose it had to be done but it doesn't feel right somehow! I am sure people are seeing it as a taster anyway, but it is obviously a lot different when they have their own show.:)

No, just no.

:LOL: You have to laugh! How were they pale?!:LOL: I'm sure they would very happily have taken ownership of U2's spaceship!

Another thing I was wondering is have they actually watched U2 perform? Since they said they wanted to learn from them, not that they need to imo! I suppose people wouldn't notice.

I did some people watching during U2, as well. I saw Brooke Shields walk by and I swear Robert Duvall was there! But the most fun was this girl who was dancing, and totally into U2. She reminded me of that Seinfeld episode when Elaine tries to dance, and is just horrible. :D

:LOL: There was a lady all by herself in the side part of the inner circle at the VA gig who was doing that - she was so into it. I thought of Elaine too! :chuckle: I took a pic of her at one point :p

Another thing I was wondering is have they actually watched U2 perform? Since they said they wanted to learn from them, not that they need to imo! I suppose people wouldn't notice.

I was wondering that, too! I mean, if history is any indication, they're back on the tour bus by 10:00 enjoying tea and crumpets! :LOL:

I finally checked one of this person's vids of U2, sorry to say Bono's voice isn't what it used to be, does he smoke? it's not bad, but sounds tight or something.

So far Matt's just keeps getting better, hope he continues to take good care of it.

I agree, he sounded hoarse. I think it's just age and overuse. Don't know if he smokes. I was glad they played The Unforgettable Fire (from 1985), but he couldn't do the falsetto parts at all!

Here's a funny quote I saw on the U2gigs website. (I was perusing to see if we missed any '80s classics since we left about half-way through. LOL, I feel like I have to defend myself for going on the U2 website! :rolleyes:)

The stage was incredible, having never heard Muse, I was impressed. Bono's head was lowered into the Dome using several cranes and helicopters. Regardless, the show was very good.
:LOL:

And another favorable quote:

PS. For those who missed Muse - wowsa. The first half of that set was tremendous.
:happy: (Yeah, but what about the 2nd half, right? :erm:)

We got to the Dome at 4pm, about an hour and a half before the gates open, and the traffic was not bad at all, and we found excellent ($8!) parking. We went to the bathroom, and joined the crowd hanging out by the entrance. Renee (musemom) had told me that there were at least 300 people lined up. I didn't see them. Then we found out that the GA line was "down there." So down we went into a sea of people. I figured there were around 1000 people in front of us (one of the guys who worked there guessed 800.) Got in line, then noticed people around us with arm bands. So, we had to go back and get in the arm band line, and then got back in the GA line. That was a bit frustrating. It would have been nice to have signs saying, "You need the arm band to get in!" Got in pretty quickly after the gates opened. Most of the inner circle spots were taken when we got in. We ended up about 5 people deep from the outer circle. Really good, except all the heads! So we waited. About half an hour or more later some Muse fans muscled their way in front of everybody, and ended up right in front of us. :mad: I was pretty pissed, now I'm 6 people deep. And their PDA was annoying. Anyway, it didn't end up mattering when the band came on. There were numerous Muse fans in my area, so we were all really enjoying the show. So that was cool.

Loved the program. I would have loved Stockholm, but I knew it wouldn't be on the setlist. People around me participated in the Starlight clap, and seemed to be really into Muse (even the U2 fans.) I actually heard other fans singing during TIRO! Matt's voice is incredible! Just an excellent performance. Before and after the show saw lots of Muse shirts. When we were in the food line, I had my sign in my hand. A guy said, "Where'd you get that Muse thing?" I said, "I made it!"

Just so you know, both bands are loud! lol! We brought earplugs. I didn't use them for Muse, because I didn't want to miss anything. I did for U2, tho. And I could hear well. U2 did great. I really enjoyed hearing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" live and "Magnificent." and I have to say that Bono didn't start in on the charitable talk until after a full hour of playing. And the part we heard wasn't all that long and annoying. they worked it into the set. But by that time my 37 year old body was saying (in a whiny voice), "I'm tired, my back hurts." We left at 10:30.

I took some photos, but they're mostly crap. I'll try to post them later. I can't wait for Muse next spring. I think they definitely have some more fans in Atlanta now.

Oh yeah, 99x is now 97.9?! I wish I had known this before the concert!

So is Muse planning another U.S. tour? More specifically coming back to Atlanta? I missed the show last night and hoping they'll come back again soon!

So

So is Muse planning another U.S. tour? More specifically coming back to Atlanta? I missed the show last night and hoping they'll come back again soon!

So

They've said recently in interviews that they're planning an "extensive" tour of the States (and part of Canada) next March-May. No specifics have been announced. I am a little worried that they might possibly skip Atlanta since they were just here, but I think it's pretty likely they'll come back. After all, the cities on this leg weren't their choosing, just U2's, so I would think that on their own tour they would sort of start from scratch. I think they got a pretty good reception last night from what it sounds like, and at least Matt didn't get injured this time, so hopefully they like Atlanta enough to come back! If not, I'll be going on a road trip, I guess!

They've said recently in interviews that they're planning an "extensive" tour of the States (and part of Canada) next March-May. No specifics have been announced. I am a little worried that they might possibly skip Atlanta since they were just here, but I think it's pretty likely they'll come back. After all, the cities on this leg weren't their choosing, just U2's, so I would think that on their own tour they would sort of start from scratch. I think they got a pretty good reception last night from what it sounds like, and at least Matt didn't get injured this time, so hopefully they like Atlanta enough to come back! If not, I'll be going on a road trip, I guess!

Awesome! I hope they come back to Atlanta too or I'll be taking a road trip as well! Thanks for the info!

I forgot to mention (although it's probably obvious) that we tried to get to the board to post messages last night, but we had no access to the wifi. Supposedly the Dome has wifi, but it sounds like a password is required. I wish I had known beforehand. Oh well. uploading pics to my blog (not great. One very goofy one of me!)

I forgot to mention (although it's probably obvious) that we tried to get to the board to post messages last night, but we had no access to the wifi. Supposedly the Dome has wifi, but it sounds like a password is required. I wish I had known beforehand. Oh well. uploading pics to my blog (not great. One very goofy one of me!)

I didn't try to get on muse.mu, but it does seem like there were some cell phone issues because some of my tweets either didn't come at all, or were delayed I think.

Archived